Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Sheepmen's Games > Vampire Knights

Unread 24th of March, 2009, 11:47
Scythe
Bodak

Member: #2925
I meant the means of increasing potency are indicated on those two pages, not the fact that you need a potency of two to have a bloodline; that is indicted on page 256 in the bloodline mechanics.

I didn't mean to confuse you, World of Darkness games are quite difficult to understand, a lot of special rules are pinpointed out in certain places; it's the same thing in Vampire the Masquerade. It's a pain in the ass finding a special rule.

It's in my opinion that in general, DM's do not allow Bloodlines at character creation (and I'm pretty sure they mention it somewhere, but I can't find it), and thus the reason why the basic mechanic isn't really explained earlier.

Last edited by Scythe; 24th of March, 2009 at 11:50.
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 11:49
5Solas
Ghoul

Member: #7474
I see! Now I don't feel as crazy. Well, thanks again for pointing it out...I never would have seen it otherwise. So the other ones are just as "bad"? What's your experience with Werewolf or Mage?
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 11:52
Scythe
Bodak

I haven't really played any of the newer editions, this being my first time playing Requiem. I've played the older Vampire (mostly), Werewolf, and Hunter games, and during our gaming sessions at home, we'd spend a whole too much time rule searching (especially two of my close friends, they love to bicker about rules and such... quite annoying)
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 11:56
5Solas
Ghoul

Gottcha...of course, they would only bicker about the rules when it would help them, right?
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 12:06
Scythe
Bodak

Originally Posted by 5Solas # Gottcha...of course, they would only bicker about the rules when it would help them, right?
Yeah, most of the time...

A quick question Sheep concerning bloodline disciplines... If I understood correctly, gaining a bloodline gives you an extra discipline; do you automatically gain a point in the "fourth" one, or do you have to pay for it? Second, the Malkovians are the only ones with five choices of disciplines... the parent clan, Ventrue, has Animalism, Dominate, and Resilience... but the Malkvovians have Auspex, Obfuscate, Dominate and Resilience (I don't really understand why, that bloodline is the only one like this in the main book)
Unread 25th of March, 2009, 00:18
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

Member: #7472
Location: roaming around, but don't expect me to help you get any sleep tonight.. you're on your own
i have frineds that love to bicker about the rules too, world of darkness is the known for the special rules hidden all over, but the rule i like best is the story teller is always right, tho i don't remeber which page it's on. but it's in there.. MUHAHAHAHAHA.....

as for the questions. go ahead and just add it directly to your character sheet, and as you get changes to it you can just edit your post to add them in that way we can keep the character sheep page as easy to read as possible. what that means by as a fourth discipline is you gain another in clan thus lowering it's cost to upgrade, not another free dot, and as for why they are special, i don't know why i can only guess, and that guess would be malkovians with animalism would be just weird, and way over used as a comic relif option.. so they put a stop to that right away.

"if it looks dangerous try having one of your friends go first"
Unread 25th of March, 2009, 10:15
Fulmen
Spectre

Member: #1173
I'm still here and interested. I'm hoping to start getting into character creation later tonight.
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 12:43
Elowick
Small Skeleton

Member: #7481
Ok, I think I have my character sheet all made up correctly (Thanks Sheepmen for the help, I was very confused on a lot of things!).

Now I just need to work on my character back story... which is harder than I had thought! I'm not a terribly creative person, so I'm reading all your sheets with much interest, I'll be patterning mine somewhat off what I see.
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 14:16
Scythe
Bodak

Something came up, and finishing touches are being made... Sunny shoud be up soon.

Another question: would it be possible to sacrifice a point or two in humanity for extra experience points (as proposed in the humanity section in character creation) ? I'm pretty sure you might have noticed the... particular story behind my character, and in the beginning, Sunny was supposed to have a low humanity score anyways (or a path, but those aren't proposed in the main books in the new editions. Being closely knotted in the criminal buisness, I think this would reflect his personality and story better (and would also represent his higher blood potency)
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 15:37
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

Location: roaming around, but don't expect me to help you get any sleep tonight.. you're on your own
you can sack a max of 2 humanity for a total of 10 XP or 5 each (per book rules), anyone can for that matter. Lowering your humanity has it's own problems associated with it so do be mindful of that. but for sunny i think i would be a good fit.

Unread 27th of March, 2009, 15:06
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

ok it looks like we have 3.5 character sheets posted, the .5 is for fulmen who is still working on his background and name, which we will need. so things are looking good. but once all 6 character sheets and backgrounds are up i will post the first IC thread for the game.

Unread 27th of March, 2009, 15:11
Scythe
Bodak

I'm finishing up my sheet at the moment, should be done before I go to bed; history and such will be edited from the original story to fit within the boundaries of Requiem.
Unread 28th of March, 2009, 17:22
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

ok everyone the first offical "game on" post is up, i know it's a lot to read but i hope you enjoy it.

Unread 29th of March, 2009, 00:40
Erdrix
Zombie

Member: #3054
If you would. could you refresh my memory on how to roll dice on this forum?
Unread 29th of March, 2009, 01:56
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

Member: #10
Type: [roll]1d20[/roll]
To get: 19
As seen in
Unread 29th of March, 2009, 01:57
5Solas
Ghoul

Thanks, itches.
Unread 29th of March, 2009, 03:27
5Solas
Ghoul

Speaking of dice, rolls, actions, etc, how exactly do you want this to work? I went ahead and put one in here (though yes, I realize that I probably should have made them individual rolls rather than having to look at the tooltip) but again, with no guidance it was simply a guess. I'm assuming you'll then determine how many successes were necessary and then post the results somewhere (IC, Think Tank, etc)? Or do you want it some other way?

Thanks.
Unread 29th of March, 2009, 04:19
Erdrix
Zombie

sorry just testing
Unread 29th of March, 2009, 04:20
Erdrix
Zombie

[roll]5d20[roll]

sorry one more test
Unread 29th of March, 2009, 04:21
Erdrix
Zombie

ug

Unread 29th of March, 2009, 04:21
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

great question, being new at this my self I am sort of working the kinks out my self, but I would say any actions that you are performing **non combat** (and you have some skill in) under non strained circumstances EG your not stressed for time, or getting short at will not require a roll. This aside I will give more information to those players with extra dots in a skill than I would to say someone with only one dot. So think of dice as letting chance do your work for you, but a lot of times the dice result will be worse than what I give you. For example examining the photos you would say I am examining them and I will post back what extra information you were able to discover, then you can post what actions and conversations you wish to have from there. As for the Thinktank thread, that is for everyone to talk IC with out actually being IC, if that makes any since at all. Like plotting out what you all want to do from here for example, that thread the where that conversation should go, then post your actions in the IC thread. That way we can keep the IC thread to mostly actions and keep the game moving along.

Unread 29th of March, 2009, 04:25
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

hehe test test
[roll]2d10[/roll]

Last edited by Sheepmen; 29th of March, 2009 at 04:32.
Unread 29th of March, 2009, 04:41
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

yay works.

Unread 29th of March, 2009, 06:52
5Solas
Ghoul

Yes, I do understand. So, in essence:

Unconstrained/unstressed non-combat (skill you have)
--RP what you want to do
--No dice
--You give us the results IC

Unconstrained/unstressed non-combat (skill you don't have)
--RP what you want to do
--Dice

Constrained/stressed combat (skill you have)
--RP what you want to do
--Dice

Constrained/stressed combat (skill you don't have)
--RP what you want to do
--Dice (with hidden modifier/success rate added by you)

Something like that?
Unread 29th of March, 2009, 09:59
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

yeah something akin to that would be ideal.