Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 23rd of February, 2009, 08:02
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
When it's over, Jeb pulls his shirt back on and then lies back down on the bed. "I think I better rest a bit. That took a bit out of me but hopefully I'll feel better in the morning." Jeb looks over at Alicia. "Thanks for the distraction, Ma'am. If you can send Cindy in with something to eat and drink in a bit, I'd sure appreciate it."

Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, Jeb tries to get comfortable before remembering the doctor. Opening one eye, he says, "Oh, thanks doc. Can I settle up with you in the morning? I'm feeling a bit off right now."
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 23rd of February, 2009, 09:20
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
"Certainly. You should rest right now. And I mean it, don't exert yourself." Edward gives him a knowing look. Then turns to smile at the woman. "You did an excellent job Alicia. Certainly made my job allot easier. Come, we should let him rest."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 2nd of March, 2009, 09:25
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Edward removes the bullet and cleans the wound and wraps it up, allowing Jeb to rest. Alicia gets him another pillow and a blanket and smiles, "I'll send Cindy in and she'll take good care of you sir."

She then helps Edward clean up and goes with him and shuts the door behind her.

About a half hour later or so there is a gentle knock on the door.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 2nd of March, 2009, 09:50
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
As Edward passes Cindy he makes sure to remind her of what he told Jeb. "He needs to heal. Make sure he doesn't exert himself alright?" He takes Alicia's arm as they descend back down stairs and tries to find some way to pass the time.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 11:40
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
"Sure doc, I'll take real good care of him.", Cindy grins and giggles as Edward takes Alicia's arm and they descend the stairs.

Downstairs the saloon is getting more customers, some are drinking, some gambling. Others are making contact with the doves.

About six ladies are working the saloon floor, with one actually dancing on the bar as some fellows tip her.

Elias grins as he sees you with Alicia and continues tending bar and watching everything like a hawk.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 12:58
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Edward looks gazes somewhat forlornly into Alicia's eyes as they reach the bottom of the stairs and the mob of patrons. "Well I suppose you need to go back to work now..."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 7th of March, 2009, 15:50
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
"Come in." Jeb calls out at the knock on the door. Seeing Cindy, he smiles weakly and motions her in. "I'm glad to see a beautiful face for a change. Did you bring me something to eat?"

Jeb tries to push himself back to a sitting position and winces at the pain as he does so. It hurt more than he thought getting fixed would but his hunger wins out and despite the pain, he rocks forward and with his good arm, tries to push a pillow behind to support himself.

"I think I should eat to give my body the energy it's going to need to mend."
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 9th of March, 2009, 12:50
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Alicia looks at Edward, "Yes, darlin', there is lots to do with a crowd like this. Grab yourself a seat, a drink and enjoy."

She gives him a kiss and strides out into the saloon, a good many give her whistles and sounds of joy/excitement. She gets several offers, but goes over to a gambling table and seems to hang onto one of the patrons gambling.

The other girls are busy with customers and the like.

Meanwhile, upstairs Cindy opens the door, dressed in a very revealing dress with stockings, lace garters and heels. She grins at Jeb, "Yes, darlin', I brought you some steak and potatoes and a beer. Now, let me help you."

She sets the tray down on the bed and moves over to help you up, propping pillows behind you and sliding up onto the bed, sliding her heels off and pressing close. "I'm here to help you mend, my name's Cindy."
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 9th of March, 2009, 13:03
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Edward tries to find an empty spot where he can lean back and watch most of the room. He lets out a sigh, "I'm an idiot, aren't I?" he mumbles to himself "I wish I'd brought something to read."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 14:34
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb smiles as Cindy comes in. "Well if this is the room service I can expect here, I think I'll be staying every time I'm in town." Jeb motions Cindy closer and as she leans over to set down the tray, he whispers. "You know, the doc says I'm supposed to get some rest tonite but I'll be willing to pay for you to stay here and comfort me. Looking at you right here, right now, I can tell that I'm going to need your help in the morning too, when I have more energy."

Jeb winks at Cindy and then starts cutting his steak but winces as he moves his shoulder. "You know, maybe I should let you feed me too."
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 16th of March, 2009, 11:24
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Cindy smiles and says, "Darlin, let me do that and as for staying, I'm all yours anytime." She grins at Jeb and takes the knife and fork, cutting up the steak, feeding it to him slowly as she gets closer.

Downstairs in the main room, the liquor flows and a good game begins, Alicia excuses herself after a hand to get some drinks. She looks at Edward sitting alone musing to himself. She winks at him as she passes by shaking her hips. She gets a couple of beers from the bar and walks back to the game table.

Then a few more cowpokes come in, a couple look like off duty soldiers. One of the fellows looks like gruff, wearing a dual pistol belt with a long beard and moustache. He stands at the bar and orders a shot of whiskey.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 16th of March, 2009, 13:01
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Edward stops spacing out long enough to smile at Alicia as she passes but in a second she's gone again and he's back to watching the room. He knew he was supposed to be looking for someone, but he's planned from the start to try to keep that low key. The last thing he needed was to make enemies of anyone who might have had a hand in his "colleague's" disappearance when he had no allies to protect him.

("Suppose I ought to get some more information on the area. I wonder if any of the other girls know anything.")

Edward orders a drink, and starts drinking it in small sips, glancing at some of the other Doves to see if they come over.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 16th of March, 2009 at 13:04.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 12:01
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
As night comes many new patrons enter the saloon, a wide variety including soldiers and townsfolk.

The gambling and drinking continues at the tables around the saloon and Alicia appears to be enjoying herself.

Edward enjoys a drink and as he looks around one of the doves smiles at him. She walks over, her heels clicking on the wooden floor board of the saloon. She's a lovely brown chestnut haired green eyed lass who comes closer and smiles. Her curves cling to her short dress. "Would you like something doctor?"
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 15:54
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Edward smiles warmly at the young lady and stands to pull out a chair for her. Despite himself, he can't help but take in her beautiful form. "Well, I would like someone to talk to if you aren't too busy. What's your name, miss?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 19:15
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
"I sure do appreciate the attention." Jeb grins and lets Cindy feed him but in a short while, he feels a weariness wash over him. As soon as Jeb finishes eating, he rolls over and goes to sleep, scarcely waiting for Cindy to move the tray.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 6th of April, 2009, 07:15
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
The saloon continues to get a bit rowdier as more patrons come in and drinks begin flowing more in earnest. The other doves get some customers. Over at his table, the young dove seems to enjoy the doctor's chivalrous behavior and blushes at his look. "My name is Sara, thank you.", she smiles and sits and looks at him. "Talking I can do, what's on your mind doctor?"

Meanwhile, upstairs Jeb is being tended to by Cindy. She feeds him and then takes the tray off his sleeping form. She shuts the door and curls up with him, watching over him.

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 6th of April, 2009, 09:17
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Edward pops up to pull out a chair for the girl, just as she pulls one out for herself and sits, he stands there awkwardly for a moment before returning to his seat.

Thinking for a moment, Edward quickly decides against asking the girl about herself, despite her story being doubtlessly interesting, it would likely only bring up painful memories for her, if she actually told him anything worth hearing. "Well miss, um, Miss Sara." It is still awkward for him to refer to all of these strangers on a first name basis. "A smart young lady like yourself has surely heard quite allot about what goes on in town. I'm somewhat new in town myself, though I've already heard of that terrible gang, and I met the bounty hunters who've been dealing with them. So tell me, what else is there happening in this town?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 9th of April, 2009, 10:10
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Sara blushes as she realizes Edward stood up and pulled out a chair for her. "Oh my, a man with manners, I had heard you were such a man. Thank you doctor. Well, for starters there is the Fort and the soldiers. Many of them come to the Beehive and make us of its services. Also there are several traders/merchants in town and the railroad. All got to be protected from those blood thirsty Indians of course and the robbers and such. Are you going to be setting up shop or just taking care of us?"

She crosses her legs and nudges her foot against Edward's leg under the table as she talks with him, looking into his eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 9th of April, 2009, 10:35
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Edward quickly begins to blush at the attention. "I um, well um. I'm setting up shop in town, but if any of you ladies need me, god forbid, I won't be far." For a moment he falls silent, starting entranced into her eyes. "Erm, um, oh, please, excuse me miss, I just, seem to have lost my train of thought. Heh, oh yes, well, um, it's good to hear you're protected from the savages here, lord knows what they'd do... though some of the "civilized" folk around here don't seem to be much better. You be careful my dear. I'm sure Ellias has your safety in mind, but there're some things you can't tell just by looking at a fellow. If he seems sick, if something's wrong with him, yaknow, down there... Don't... do it." Edward looks a bit disoriented by his sudden rambling. "I'm sorry. I just... ... Well, so why don't you tell me about something else? Have you heard any other news? Any other travelers come through here I should worry about? Or why don't you tell me about yourself?" He smiles awkwardly, but it's a friendly smile.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Unread 12th of April, 2009, 10:34
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Sara listens as Edward stares into her green eyes, her lips curl in a pouty smirk, "No harm done doctor, yes, I'm sure Elias will make use of your services to take good care of us. A good doctor in town will certainly benefit the whole community. Our last couple met not so pleasant ends. As for taking care of myself, I'm pretty good with a gun and I know a lot about men. We get all kinds in here, but thanks for the warning doctor. Would you like to know more about me? Perhaps I can get you a drink and would you like to dance?"

Sara smiles back as she brushes her long chestnut hair back and nudges you under the table again.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 12th of April, 2009, 20:41
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Edward raises his hands in front of him, palms outward, "Oh well I'm... Not much good at dancing really." He says with a nervous smile and glances over at Alicia. "I think I'd quite like another drink though." Despite apparently accepting her offer to get him a drink, the doctor quickly stands, putting one hand on the back of Sara's chair and holding the other out to her in an offer to help her stand. "Uh, perhaps you'd like to continue our conversation?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 13th of April, 2009, 09:35
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Edward sees Alicia having a good time with the gunslingers and gamblers over at that corner table. She is acting either rather drunk or certainly plying them with her trade. Looks like the game is heating up.

Sara's eyes gleam a you as she says, "Well even if you got two left feet doctor, I'm sure you'd like it neverless. As for gettin' you a drink, it'd be my pleasure darlin'."

As you move to help her up, she takes your hand firmly and stands up looking at you, "I'd be glad to continue this conversation anytime or anywhere." As she walks to the bar, her hips sway and her short dress and long legs give you a nice view. You see her smile at Elias as he refills your glass and he says something to her before she turns around and comes back.

Meanwhile on the outskirts of the Flat, the stage coach rides in with an escort of a tall black skinned man in a dusty army cavalry uniform with saddle bags over his weary horse. Shifting his hat, he takes his hankerchief and wipes the sweat from his brow and looks over the bustling town near Fort Griffin.

ooc: welcome to the game!

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 13th of April, 2009 at 09:38.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Unread 13th of April, 2009, 14:23
5Solas's Avatar
5Solas
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7474
Location: United States of America
Posts: 234 (0.07 per day)
OOC: Thanks! I'll start posting some filler and we should have things firmed up before anything "serious" happens. I hope.

IC: Thomas sighs deeply as he removes his hat and wipes off the first layer of trail grime from his face with his sleeve. The ride had been a long and dusty one from Fort Stockton and while they hadn't been set upon by any undesirables, the simple act of guarding always takes its own, extra toll.

Setting the cavalry Steson back atop his neatly shaven head, the Army SNCO looks down the main street of the Flat. Hustle and bustle seemed to be everywhere (a far cry from the mainly Army "town" of Fort Stockton) and it was honestly more civilization than he had seen in some time. Business before pleasure, however. Dismounting Regulator, Thomas swung himself onto the hard packed street and strode towards the coach, the driver and guard just now stepping down.

"Good 'nuf ride, I s'ppose," Thomas says, nodding to the two men. The two simply looked to each other and then back.

"Yea, I suppose." they answered, refusing to meet his gaze. The three men, led by the coach driver, entered the modest telegraph office to the bright "jingle" of the attached bell.

"Ahh, the mail!" the well dressed wiry mail clerk succinctly enunciated as the men arrived with the bags. While it wasn't just the mail office, as a drug store populated more than 3/4 of the floorspace, it was where they were instructed to drop the contents and that's all Thomas needed (or even wanted) to know. "Please, just put them here on the desk. I'll make sure that they get delivered right away."

"I'll be see'n you then..." Tom remarked, though the two other men were already half out the door as it swung shut before he could even complete his sentence. His eyes narrowing to slits, the cavalryman stared at the door for a few moments before turning back to the mail clerk, already busy sorting the newest arrivals. Clearing his throat, the man didn't even stop his sorting to look up.

"I don't have anything else for you other than...where is it...oh yes, other than to 'Await further instructions and assist Fort Griffin as a duly made representative of the 9th Cavalry Regiment." With that, there was nothing else as the sorting continued in earnest.

Shaking his head and turning, Thomas left the Post Office/Drug Store and patted Regulator's poll.

"Well, 'ol friend, 'We Can and We Will' 'tis all I've got ta go on,"
he softly whispered to his horse, the Buffalo Soldier creed well versed to him. He was used to acting independently as well as in leading others, as his officers placed great trust in him and his leadership which was rare for white officers towards colored soldiers. His superiors, however, had shown themselves to be of great, upstanding courage and integrity and treated their troops with respect; something completely foreign to all of them and still something they both craved and questioned. Then again, the multitude of those outside his unit did not feel simular and to say the least, it created quite a bit of...friction.

Mounting himself again and gently bringing his horse out into the street, he slowly rode down the main drag and looked on the signs, billboards, and planks outside that announced their wares to the public...Indian Kate's Shack, The Echo News, The Beehive Saloon...licking his lips, Tom nudged Regulator over towards the oddly constructed wooden building but stopped mid street. The ladies in the outdoor balcony were whispering to themselves and looking towards him as he met their gaze. As he was about to speak, they simply giggled and turned their gaze back to other men walking or riding down the street, attempting to attract their attention.

It had been a long time since he had had a drink (what, 6 months now?) and his desire was winning out over his apprehension. Taking Regulator the final length to the hitching post, he dismounted again and tied his steed's leads to the post and stepped to the door, watching out of the corner of his eye as water was greedily drank by his mount from the trough. While the double doors stayed closed before him, he could still see activity above and below. Taking a deep breath, Thomas pushed forward and entered the Beehive Saloon...
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Unread 13th of April, 2009, 21:51
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Edward smiles at Sara upon her return, taking the drink and again offering her a chair. "Thank you my dear." He takes a sip, and sets the drink down again. "Hm. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm going to need to finish this drink at least before I start thinking of dancing. Did you want to tell me about yourself? I uh, understand if it's something you'd rather not discuss. I wouldn't want to force you but... Well..."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Unread 20th of April, 2009, 10:19
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
The sounds of a piano, of drinking, gambling and rabble rousing greeted Thomas as he rode up to the Beehive. One of the ladies on the balcony overlooking the street looked at Thomas and noted his dusty uniform. As he prepared to enter the Beehive, a lacy hanky fell and landed at his booted feet.

Inside Sara returns to Edward's table and smiles as she sits down when he offers her the chair. "Such good manners, your mama raised you right. Drink all you want darlin', there is plenty to be had."

She smirks as he gets nervous and asks her about herself, "Well, let's see, I was the sole survivor of an Indian massacre on my folks. Took in by some traveling immigrants who came out here. I ended up being a slave for awhile, but bought my freedom and now I work for Elias."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren