Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Unread 29th of August, 2005, 07:33
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Member: #1052
Jose washes up, then spends a little time reading the Good Book, trying to shake off his guilt for taking a life. He remembers what a drifter once told him in Santa Fe: "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away everything he has, and everything he's gonna."

It's only now that Jose truly understands what that statement means.

As the bath water starts to feel cool against his skin, Jose sets his Bible aside and gets out and dried off, then looks for his fellow posse-mate, to see what's going on for the rest of the day.

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Unread 30th of August, 2005, 07:28
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi Buck hollers even with the pain medicine as Dr. Culver digs around and pulls out the remains of the shell that hit his shoulder.
DosSantos was starting to relax talking to Jeb but Hearing the sounds of pain coming from inside makes him tighten his jaw and takes another deep puff of the smoke, giving a worried side look at the doc’s window from the corner of his eye.
Unread 30th of August, 2005, 10:01
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Member: #952
The pain is worse than the original wound.

Should have just left it alone, I'd, arghh..., I'd a been just fine...

Buck slams back another shot of the rot-gut whiskey to at least numb his mind.

"Thanks for goin' easy on me doc. I'll be swinging back by tomorrow fer we set out 'gain."

The Texan wobbles briefly after rising. But the horizon levels soon enough leaving the doc standing alone with his bloody instruments.

Buck nods to the fellars on the porch and begins in his gravelly voice.
"Gents, thanks for waiting."

"I'm fixin to forget 'bout this here pain fer I turn in fer the night. You boys thirsty?"
Unread 30th of August, 2005, 14:02
Lucky
Ghoul

Member: #1133
Buck nods to the fellars on the porch and begins in his gravelly voice.
"Gents, thanks for waiting."

"I'm fixin to forget 'bout this here pain fer I turn in fer the night. You boys thirsty?"
Jeb rises as he hears the door opening. As Buck steps out, Jeb quickly offers a steadying hand to help him step down to the street.

"I'm glad to see you're walking out. I was staying in case you needed to be carried to bed." Jeb looks happy as he continues.

"But if you're walking, then yea, I reckon on buying a round or two afore we turn in." Jeb continues to offer his arm (and his shoulder if need be) to Buck as they walk to the closest bar to the Doc's.
Unread 31st of August, 2005, 10:18
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

DosSantos smiles when he hears Bucks words,

“Salt and vinegar, salt and vinegar….yea buck, I figure you have a softer hand waiting fer ya at the saloon (winks as he takes his horses reigns)

Unread 6th of September, 2005, 07:44
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

"I'uz a thinkin' 'bout that lil gal called Kate maybe she'll give me a hot bath."
"Let's get gone fellars."
Buck acknowledges DosSantos and Jeb with a friendly nod for offering a shoulder. But in proud Texan fashion the ounded man boldly hobbles on ahead toward the saloon where whisket was sure to be a waitin'.
Unread 7th of September, 2005, 02:40
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
The good doctor smiles and nods, "Now, don't drink too much, those meds and alcohol really don't mix well."

He goes to wash his instruments and bids Buck good health as he hobbles out the door to his awaiting companions.

The doctor nods to them and tips his hat before going back inside.
Unread 7th of September, 2005, 02:43
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

As Buck goes ahobblin' down the street with DosSantos and Jeb leading their horses behind him, they run into Jose and the mysterious Poncho wearing fellow leaving Earl's all cleaned up and smelling nice.

It's now about lunch time or so and the sun is high overhead in the sky.

[ooc: which saloon ya'll want to go too? Good time for Fulmen's pc to get in]
Unread 7th of September, 2005, 06:26
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

"Tengo hambre," Jose muses to no one in particular. "Amigos, let's go see if we can find some lunch and a game."

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Unread 7th of September, 2005, 16:09
Lucky
Ghoul

"Tengo hambre," Jose muses to no one in particular. "Amigos, let's go see if we can find some lunch and a game."
"That's exactly what we was going to do. But I see you got yerself all duded up fer the ladies too." Jeb gives an exaggerated wink to the two coming out of Earl's. "Where do they have the best games? I'm new here."
Unread 8th of September, 2005, 00:57
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Jose turns a slight shade of red at the implication that he got cleaned up for the primary purpose of finding a girl, but shakes his embarassment off quickly enough to answer, "We've only just arrived here ourselves, amigo. We've visited one, already, but I'm willing to try a new place."

The young gambler surveys the area and picks out a lively establishment. "Perhaps this one?"

OOC: Obviously, Jose is selecting whatever saloon Fulmen happens to be working in.

Unread 8th of September, 2005, 06:09
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

DosSantos grin turns in to a smile

smeling the air on himself and with a side look to Jeb

“We might be dirty Jeb but then again, some’o the girls here like it like that” (his smile widens)

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit The young gambler surveys the area and picks out a lively establishment. "Perhaps this one?"
“yep, tis good enough, been thrown out of worst places”

Last edited by Belkregos; 8th of September, 2005 at 06:12.
Unread 9th of September, 2005, 02:27
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Beehive Saloon

Within the hive, we are alive; Good whiskey makes us funny. Get your horse tied, come inside and taste the flavor of our honey." – sign over the entrance.

Aptly named, the Beehive Saloon serves as a gathering place for gamblers, soldiers, travelers and all others looking for a place where any vice can be experienced and nothing seems out of bounds. Pleasures such as drinking, gambling and whorin’ go on all day and all night, although the most raucous activity tends to occur after sundown. While things remain civil on most days, fist fights, shouting matches and even gunfights flare up with noteworthy and disturbing regularity. Built shortly after the Fort itself, the two-story Beehive remains one of the most interesting buildings in The Flat-not only because of all of the boisterous goingson, but also because of its unique appearance. Fairly sturdy and constructed mostly of wood, this square, tall structure sports some rather distinctive features. From the second story balcony overlooking the street-where "soiled doves" do their utmost to entice cowpokes inside for any number of unspeakable activities or perhaps an honest fling on the dance floor-to its peaked tin roof, the building is painted a striking vermilion, boasts two sets of front doors and has a weathered back staircase to the second floor entry. The brainchild of Elias Bennington, who knows the value of "location, location, location," the Beehive sits at the corner of Griffin and Second Street.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The group comprised of DosSantos, Jose, Jeb, Buck and the mysterous poncho wearing American with the cigar puffing now walk down to the bustling Beehive Saloon.

Unread 9th of September, 2005, 13:54
Lucky
Ghoul

Jeb looks over at the place Jose is pointing at. It has the distinct advantage of being right there and seeing as Buck is still looking kind of wobbly, Jeb nods his approval.

"Yep, this'll be a fine place to wet our whistles. Maybe I'll even have one o' these girls blow me a tune."
Unread 9th of September, 2005, 14:25
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

"Count me in."
The gravel has returned accompanied by a nasty wince.
The pain is severe indeed or they're watering down this slop they call whiskey...
Unread 21st of September, 2005, 02:37
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Beehive Saloon

It's now about lunch time as the five walk upto the Beehive Saloon. The overhanging balcony is currently empty, but as they walk through the double front doors helping the wobbly Buck, they see there are several fine looking lasses in different dresses and skirts in here out of the sun and the bar is well stocked and very clean.

There are several tables for different card games setup and there are a few patrons amongst the tables.
Unread 21st of September, 2005, 10:59
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

"So, should we get some comidas before we join one of the games?" Jose asks.

Unread 5th of October, 2005, 03:39
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

DosSantos walks confidently in the saloon accompanied by his friends and with a glance across the room sizes up the patrons, better to know who to watch out for, then looks for a table big enough for the group, and gestures towards it as he starts to walk,

With a nod and smile to Jeb towards the ladies
“They look like they can tune that whistle just fine eh Jeb”

“Some grub sounds about right, Jose; I doubt it’ll be as good as what we had this morning but I’m hungry enough”
Unread 5th of October, 2005, 06:33
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Jose finds an open table large enough to accommodate the party, then calls over one of the servers and orders his plate and a glass of milk, if they have it.

Unread 5th of October, 2005, 08:30
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Buck takes his place at the rickety table and tries not to look too helpless. When he is served his whiskey the young Texan will begin to nurse the pain-killer religiously.
Though the women catch his eye, he thinks only of the pretty brunette Kate working down the street. Besides, he's in no shape for anything too extrenuous this evening.
Unread 5th of October, 2005, 10:48
Lucky
Ghoul

Jeb's eyes go wide as he goes inside the saloon. Although he's heard the trappers talking of the wild times to be had in the city saloons, he really has little experience of his own. He sits at the table with the rest and glancing over to the women, his smile grows.

Originally Posted by DosSantos “They look like they can tune that whistle just fine eh Jeb”
"Hell yeah. I wonder how much of that money we just got it's going to cost me for a little slap and tickle tonight?"

Jeb grins at the others briefly and then turns his attention back to the ladies as he sits at the edge of his seat.

Last edited by Lucky; 5th of October, 2005 at 10:54.
Unread 7th of October, 2005, 02:37
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

You find a large table in the back against the wall, nearby there are several games going on and several of the ladies get up and stroll over while the barmaid takes your order.

A green eyed pale redhead in a skirt with heels and a frilly blouse, looks as Buck sips the whiskey that is brought him, "Been in a gunfight have you?"

Her friend a black haired blue eyed lass in a southern belle dress smiles at Jeb and DosSantos and watches Jose sip some milk with the plate of food that's brought to him.

"Howdy boys, what you itchin for today?"

They do have some lunch plates and the food is decent, but nothing like the homemade cooking you got at the ranch.
Unread 15th of October, 2005, 11:19
Lucky
Ghoul

Jeb pulls a pouch out from inside his shirt and dumps some coins into his hand. He looks over at the cutie in the fluffy dress and smiles widely.

"I'd like two bottles of whiskey for the table and a perty girl like you to give me a nice massage. I might look a bit ornery but I'm really a puppy dog once ya get to know me and I sure am tired after saving Big Jake and his family from them scoundrels me and the boys just dropped off at the jail."

Jeb looks around the table at the others and winks. "The rest o' you just gonna sit around slack jawed staring at the ladies or do ya'all have some ideas o' your own?"
Unread 15th of October, 2005, 11:41
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Jose looks up from his plate, his cheeks puffed out with food and his expression somewhat lost. "Slack jawed, amigo?" he asks, his words slightly muffled.

Unread 16th of October, 2005, 02:34
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Buck grins a little when the redhead poses her question. "Come sit down and I'll tell you all about. If'n yer real sweet I might letcha see the bullet-hole." Buck winks and finishes the bottle DosSantos gave him knowing that fresh whiskey is on the way.