Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 11th of March, 2005, 12:31
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Hearing the newcomer's warning, Jose races up into the attic, pausing only long enough to grab his long carbine on the way to the roof.

He scans out toward the horizon as he stands over the front of the house, trying to find what Jeb had described.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Unread 12th of March, 2005, 05:21
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Upon noticing the movement, DosSantos grabs the rifle and looking trough the site tries to spot if theres anyone behind the ranch rider coming in


Spot: d20 12+6= 18
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Unread 19th of March, 2005, 04:06
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch: Dinner

>"Gracias, Seora Julia, I would love more," the Califorian replies, handing her his bowl with a warm smile.

Julia smiles and nods, "I know they gamble a lot in that town, see lots of saloons, sure you'll find some entertainment there." Julia nods and refills your bowl and finishes her dinner, helping cleanup.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Unread 19th of March, 2005, 04:11
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch: Watching

Originally Posted by Lucky "Hey boys. It looks like we got company. Better finish yer chewin' and get on out to hear what this here rider's got to say. I'm guessin' the trouble is just about here."

Jeb then hurries back to the stable to wait for the rider.
Hearing Jeb's words, everyone finishes up their meal and Julia begins cleaning up the place...
Jake and John Larn pick up rifles and go to the crisscrossed window ready to fire. Poncho nods from behind his spot near the courtyard and first set of bales.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Unread 19th of March, 2005, 04:13
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit Hearing the newcomer's warning, Jose races up into the attic, pausing only long enough to grab his long carbine on the way to the roof.

He scans out toward the horizon as he stands over the front of the house, trying to find what Jeb had described.
You grab your rifle and get up on the roof, feeling the cool evening air hit you, you see a lone rider nearly haunched over on the saddle approaching from the southwest...

Otherwise you see Jeb, Poncho and Buck and DosSantos all ready with their guns waiting.

You see no sign of the ranch hands who went out to the outer rim of the property to keep watch.

[ooc: make a spot/listen check]
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Unread 19th of March, 2005, 04:19
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos coming in... Spot: d20 12+6= 18
You raise the rifle and look through the gun sight and see that the fellow on the horse looks
like he's been shot and is possibly one of the ranch hands. You don't see anyone else yet.

[ooc: listen check]
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Unread 20th of March, 2005, 04:56
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
DosSantos grinds his teeth but tries to stay cool and look for any sign of the wild bunch, tries to stay quiet in case they are behind him he can shoot them and at least at the beginning they wont know where he is

listen: d20 14+2= 16
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Unread 20th of March, 2005, 10:21
kilnpublications's Avatar
kilnpublications
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1118
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 65 (0.01 per day)
Phineus hearing the ruckus outside runs out to see if he can lend a hand.....
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Unread 21st of March, 2005, 02:57
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Buck checks to see if his pistols are free in their holsters and lifts his rifle to his shoulder. He watches the wounded rider through his sights, and waits for some unlucky cowboy to ride in after him. {listen 19=18+1 spot 16=11+5}
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Unread 21st of March, 2005, 05:39
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Back at the stables, Jeb hefts his hunting rifle with one hand and shades his eyes from the setting sun with the other as he tries to spot anyone following the hunched rider.

Spot 24 (Roll 19 +5)
Listen 17 (Roll 16 +1)
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Unread 24th of March, 2005, 04:12
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch: Wild Bunch

Originally Posted by Belkregos at the beginning they wont know where he is

listen: d20 14+2= 16
As you watch the rider approach more on his horse guiding the dead man home, you see everyone else watching guns readied.

You hear gunshots ring out in the distance and see activity towards the horizon where some riders and others are shooting each other.

You then hear a loud BOOOOM! And see bits of horse and man fly, plus some cattle parts.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Unread 24th of March, 2005, 04:12
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by kilnpublications Phineus hearing the ruckus outside runs out to see if he can lend a hand.....
You come out seeing the horse with the rider slumped over the saddle approaching. Ponch shouts out, "Go get him, we'll cover you."
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Unread 24th of March, 2005, 04:14
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington Buck checks to see if his pistols are free in their holsters and lifts his rifle to his shoulder. He watches the wounded rider through his sights, and waits for some unlucky cowboy to ride in after him. {listen 19=18+1 spot 16=11+5}
Your guns are ready, your just twitching to pull them or fire. You watch the wounded ranch hand ride up and see DosSantos look through his rifle site and cock his ear....you hear the echo of something loud and dangerous sounding...and hear the faint cries of pain and death behind it.....

Behind you the sherrif and Big Jake curse, "They got dynamite!"
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Unread 24th of March, 2005, 04:16
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by Lucky Spot 24 (Roll 19 +5) Listen 17 (Roll 16 +1)
You see some figures approaching on horse from your end of the stable and hear the echoing of the explosion that rocks out near the cattle field and the poor ranch hands that are likely goners now.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Unread 24th of March, 2005, 05:15
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi You hear gunshots ring out in the distance and see activity towards the horizon where some riders and others are shooting each other.

You then hear a loud BOOOOM! And see bits of horse and man fly, plus some cattle parts.

DosSantos tightens his jaw as memories of the cannons from war come back like a flood in his head



Sets his rifle scope to shoot at the first rider doing the chasing that comes in to range



Ill keep shooting with the rifle and as soon as any of the wild bunch is about to come in to pistol range ill switch weapons to my tranter army guns



OOC: whats the penalty I have for shooting the rifle? (military Henry with scope)
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Unread 24th of March, 2005, 11:27
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose gazes out over the distance to see what he can find, waiting for a target to present itself. If nothing immediately does, he'll scan around behind the house, as well.

(OOC: Spot check -- (roll) 9 + (skill) 6 = 15.)
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.

Last edited by Left-Handed Bandit; 25th of March, 2005 at 05:15. Reason: Modifying post based on reading what was posted before.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Unread 24th of March, 2005, 18:58
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
At the sound of the explosion, Jeb hunkers down behind the hay bale and lays his rifle across the top, aiming at the men riding in. Unsure which are ranch hands and which are attackers, Jeb watches them through his gun sights holding his shot until he's sure of his target.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Unread 25th of March, 2005, 14:41
kilnpublications's Avatar
kilnpublications
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1118
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 65 (0.01 per day)
Phineus shouts "cover me" to anyone within earshot and races to get the rider off of the horse. At this point he has only one thing on his mind and that is get that man inside the house before the shooting really starts.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Unread 26th of March, 2005, 03:02
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
>sticks." Mr Acuff reaffirms his hold on his rifle, looking through the sights for a good target.

The poncho wearing cigar smoking gunfighter nods, puffs and stomps out his cigar and helps carry in the dying ranch hand who rides up on the horse....

When he steps back out, he glances around and nods, "Aye, this is going to be bad, if they got more dynamite we're in big trouble. Make every shot count. I might even try riding out to meet them considering we got plenty of rifle folks here. Want to ride with me?"
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 1st of April, 2005 at 11:14.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Unread 1st of April, 2005, 11:06
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Big Jakes Ranch: Loft of barn

Originally Posted by Belkregos Sets his rifle scope to shoot at the first rider doing the chasing that comes in to range ...Ill keep shooting with the rifle and as soon as any of the wild bunch is about to come in to pistol range ill switch weapons to my tranter army guns
The echo of the dynamite blasting and the cries of good men dying brings back many memories of the war and most of them not very nice. You level the henry and look through the scope seeing several riders coming up and one fellow trying to sneak up along the fence line using it for cover.

[ooc: you're -4 penalty with the rifle and the scope gives a +1 to hit a long/medium range..so -3 total]
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Unread 1st of April, 2005, 11:08
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch: Rooftop

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit Jose gazes out over the distance to see what he can find, waiting for a target to present itself. If nothing immediately does, he'll scan around behind the house, as well.
You see several riders coming from the west where Jeb is baled up by the stables...and several more riders coming in from the east where the big explosion is still echoing, you also see the fellow that DosSanto's is aiming at with his rifle sneaking up along the fence from the cattle fields.

You hear the faint dying cries of ranchers and some cattle even...you smell the pugent odor of burning and blast powder....
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Unread 1st of April, 2005, 11:10
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch: Stable watching

Originally Posted by Lucky At the sound of the explosion, Jeb hunkers down behind the hay bale and lays his rifle across the top, aiming at the men riding in. Unsure which are ranch hands and which are attackers, Jeb watches them through his gun sights holding his shot until he's sure of his target.
You hunker down in the bales of hay, seeing the blast smoke and hearing all the echos of the explosion and smelling the after effects sweeping over the plains towards the house.

You see the fellow on the roof and the other fellow in the barn loft level their rifles and take aim.

You see the riders approaching, guns drawn and one appears to be lighting some sort of red stick in his hand....
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Unread 1st of April, 2005, 11:11
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Big Jake's Ranch

Originally Posted by kilnpublications Phineus shouts "cover me" to anyone within earshot and races to get the rider off of the horse. At this point he has only one thing on his mind and that is get that man inside the house before the shooting really starts.
The sherrif and Big Jake cover you as you run out and grab the reins of the rancher's horse... he looks in nearly critical shape.... Julia says, "Hurry, bring him inside."

The poncho wearing fellow holsters his guns and helps you carry him in the house...
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Unread 1st of April, 2005, 11:36
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
DosSantos will shoot at the wrangler trying to sneak by the fence, he is not very familiar with the rifle and is more confortable with his 2 6 shooters in hand but if if he doesnt hit he hopes to at least alert the others of the sneaking man by the shots



Henry rifle

To hit: (0 lvl + 4dex +1veteran -4 rifle +1scope = +2)

1d20=13+2 = 15
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Unread 1st of April, 2005, 13:52
kilnpublications's Avatar
kilnpublications
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1118
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 65 (0.01 per day)
As the wounded ranch hand is brought inside, Phineus calls out for fresh water, clean clothes, and any alcohol that the family might have. He looks over the man and tries to see what the extent of the injury is.
OOC: Take a Treat Injury Check...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren