Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Unread 26th of January, 2005, 05:34
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

Member: #952
"Yep, you may even make out better that just the three bills." Buck states steadily carefully watching the poncho'd man.
Unread 26th of January, 2005, 05:51
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
DosSantos keeps his eye on the the pocho'd man“If we ride you can be sure in a fight ill be putting my neck on the line to get youalls hide no holes inem, I expect the same from the folks I ride with, ill die and bleed the same, is my blood woth less than yours?”

Last edited by Belkregos; 26th of January, 2005 at 06:17.
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 05:25
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
Picket Jail

Originally Posted by Belkregos DosSantos tenses at the silent ponchos comment and looks him squarely, “Look here mister, I know you’re a tough hombre, I’ve heard the stories and I’m sure in a fair fight you’d be the one walking, but I don’t think our lives are worth any less then yours”
The nameless gunslinger raises his head, his stetson tipping back as his eyes meet yours cooly. You hear the sound of music playing suddenly.

"Well now, you think you can handle the whole gang and the leader just the three of you do you? Be my guest, but if you want my help, it'll cost you and I'm not cheap. As for what you've heard, best keep listening, might keep you alive."

[ooc: Intimidate on you]

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 27th of January, 2005 at 05:29.
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 05:28
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Picket Jail

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington "Yep, you may even make out better that just the three bills." Buck states steadily carefully watching the poncho'd man.
The fellow seems to be staring down DosSantos, but nods at your comment, his eyes not leaving the former soldier's gaze. His hand flips back poncho, revealing a fine holstered pistol at his hip. Looks like a Army or Navy Colt with a few speed loading cyclinders and some extra shells.

The sheriff is a little taken back by all this and says, "Now now, don't be shooting in my jail. Go outside if you're going to draw, but there is plenty of money to reward you fellows if you want to bring them in, dead or alive!"

He reaches for the rifle he had leaned against the wall.
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 05:31
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Belkregos DosSantos keeps his eye on the the pocho'd man“If we ride you can be sure in a fight ill be putting my neck on the line to get youalls hide no holes inem, I expect the same from the folks I ride with, ill die and bleed the same, is my blood woth less than yours?”
He continues to stand there, his gaze not wavering, his right hand relaxed by his now revealed holster. He wears the gun as if he might've been a soldier or something too. He smiles at your words, "Like you, you got spunk. Aye, we'll all likely bleed before this venture is done with. As for the money, I still want a good portion of it, but I might be willing to win it off you in a game instead."
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 05:57
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

"Y'all save that energy for the bandits, we're probably already outnumbered, no sense in killin' each other just yet." Buck turns to the sheriff and continues, "I heard yer new at keepin' the peace round these parts, but I wouldn't be tensing up every situation by flexin' that there rifle arm of yours."
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 05:59
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

DosSantos nods at the Poncho’d man and relaxes, “fair enough”

"Relax lawman, just squaring things off, we’ll get them wild bunch, don’t worry”

Last edited by Belkregos; 27th of January, 2005 at 06:08.
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 13:41
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington "Y'all save that energy for the bandits, we're probably already outnumbered, no sense in killin' each other just yet." Buck turns to the sheriff and continues, "I heard yer new at keepin' the peace round these parts, but I wouldn't be tensing up every situation by flexin' that there rifle arm of yours."
The nameless man nods, flips his poncho back over his gun and turns to look at John Larn the sheriff and says, "It's ok, if I wanted any of you dead, I would've have said another word nor would've let you speak. I just had to test your mettle some."

John looks at you and says, "Aye, but I plan to stay alive unlike the last lawman here. I think now that we all understand and seem to be alright with one another we can move on. So its the five of us against them, should do alright. I see three of you got pistols, do any of you need any guns? I got some rifles and a few pistols I could spare when we do decide to make a stand. Plenty of ammo too."
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 13:44
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Belkregos DosSantos nods at the Poncho’d man and relaxes, “fair enough” "Relax lawman, just squaring things off, we’ll get them wild bunch, don’t worry”
The nameless man says, "Indeed, so a game later then?" He listens as the sheriff comments to Buck and then to you. "I got a rifle and a few extra pistols myself in my gear that can be given out if needed."
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 13:54
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi The nameless man says, "Indeed, so a game later then?"
DosSantos Smiles "a game it is, i think those are going to be expensive lessons, but im sure i'll learn a few things"
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 15:21
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Member: #1052
"I don' have much use for pistols," Jose says, noting that the sheriff's statement was meant mostly for the unarmed gambler, namely him. "My rifle is in my hotel room.

"Of course, it wouldn' hurt to have a couple spares, no?"

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Unread 27th of January, 2005, 16:13
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

"If'n you got a scatter gun and some shells I'd be happy to carry it fer ya." The Texan replies when they mention the extra guns, in Buck's opinion there's no such thing as too many guns. "Let's get a move on boys, there's ground to cover and we ain't gettin' no yunger."
Unread 28th of January, 2005, 04:16
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Belkregos DosSantos Smiles "a game it is, i think those are going to be expensive lessons, but im sure i'll learn a few things"
He grins and nods, as he listens to Buck and Jose. "Alright, meet you boys at the gate then leaving in a short bit. I'll go a thing or two and my horse."

He nods to the sheriff and steps out of the jail. His spurs going "ka-chink" as he heads to Planter's Hotel and Pete's Livery.
Unread 28th of January, 2005, 04:17
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit "Of course, it wouldn' hurt to have a couple spares, no?"
The sheriff nods, "Well whatever works for you then. Yes, I'll bring a spare or two. As for going about some business, best go on, things will pick up shortly, the Fort lets their morning shift out about now."
Unread 28th of January, 2005, 04:20
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington "If'n you got a scatter gun and some shells I'd be happy to carry it fer ya." The Texan replies when they mention the extra guns, in Buck's opinion there's no such thing as too many guns. "Let's get a move on boys, there's ground to cover and we ain't gettin' no yunger."
"I got a shotgun or two as well.", John Larn says. "Of course carrying one of my guns means you'll be a deputy while you got it."

He goes back to the gun cabinet and unlocks it taking a box of ammo and a shortgun off the rack. He locks it back up, and takes out a spare badge from his desk.

He offers the badge to Buck and says, "Raise your right hand son. Do you here swearby to uphold the laws of Texas, the laws of this here county and city and the laws of theUnion so help you God?"
Unread 28th of January, 2005, 04:49
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

"I reckon I could temporarily become a lawman, if it keeps the hangman from knockin' on my door. Can't say that I'll remain a deputy for long though. but John I reckon we'll see." Buck raises his his right hand and gives his pledge, he'll then pin the badge on his thick coat.
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 04:06
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

John Larn smiles as you take the oath of deputyhood and hands you the hartford shotgun and the box of ammo.

"Glad to have you with me son. Guess ya'll can 'roud up your mounts, meet you on the road to Jake's farm in a bit."

He goes to his desk and gets his personal weapons and puts on his sheriff vest with his shiny badge. He picks up his rifle and leaves a note for his only other deputy that he stepped out with a possee to Jake's farm. He secures the jail, ushering everyone out who hasn't left yet.

He then goes and gets his horse.
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 04:50
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

DosSantos nods and starts walking out heading over to pete's livery to get Dorado ready,
"well buck, Mr lawman" sais dos santos to buck with a smile as they are walking out "looks like that game at shaneseys is gonna have to wait"
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 04:53
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

"Bah, I dun seen plenty o' Lawmen shootin' craps and chasin' hussies..."
Buck smiles at DosSantos and adjusts his badge.
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 05:54
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

"I think he was referring to the fact that we're about to go get shot at," Jose interjects with a smile as he walks alongside the pair. He breaks away long enough to retrieve his long carbine from his room, then saddles his horse and joins them at the meeting place.

If there's time before everyone's assembled, Jose pulls out a leather-bound Bible and quietly reads in his saddle as he waits.

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 06:41
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

DosSantos smiles as the group walks down the dirt road, “ well if we gonna get shot at together we might as well get to know each other better, my name is DosSantos on account of these here two saints have always kept me safe, im out from California, spent some time clearing these here territories with the military, been drifting for some time now”

OOC: if there’s time ill stop by the general store, I wont spend much time there, just want to get some tobacco and paper to make my own smokes, some toasted coffee beans and a bottle of rotgut alcohol
Unread 29th of January, 2005, 16:25
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

"...im out from California, spent some time clearing these here territories with the military, been drifting for some time now”...

"Jose Antonio Filipe de la Cruz, originally from Los Angeles," the gambler responds with tip of his hat. "I lived in Carmel Mission for a time before traveling through the southwest for the last year. Did you fight in the war, Santos?"

Unread 30th of January, 2005, 12:21
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit ". Did you fight in the war, Santos?"
Santos nods to Jose and then starts’ talking seems more to himself

"You grow up fast when yer by yerself, and trouble has a nack fer finding you too, seems folks think they can get away with poking a fellar just because they see him alone, until they see the guns he carries, wasent long till I got some scores to pay back, there came a time when it seemed I had someone on my trail all the time, I figure the army needed folk; they didn’t seem to mind I yet didn’t have hair on my chest, were all too happy to see i wasn’t afraid to pull the trigger, they just turned me loose, grey, blue, its all the same, we all died the same, one and all they crocked liked a raven, they’d say was good at it, the devil’s brand on my bones they’d say, always managed to get up, the saints here kept me out of harms way, I got some scrapes but not enough to keep me down, more than once had to make a dead run, sure as shooting the under taker knows he lays out headstones in endless rows, always sure mine was next, just didn’t happen, the war ended so they told me."
Unread 31st of January, 2005, 12:16
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Pete's Livery

You make a quick stop to get some paper and tobacco, costs you $2 and you got enough for like 100 smokes now. The beans and the alcohol cost you a few more dollars. Jose goes and gets his bible and his rifle.

The nameless man is riding up the street as you all get to the livery and have Pete prepare your horses.

It's about 3:30 pm now and a wagon of soldiers arrives from Fort Griffin, most of them go into the various saloons around and such.

John Larn gathers his horse too and rides up to meet with ya'll.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 1st of February, 2005 at 04:09.
Unread 31st of January, 2005, 19:11
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

DosSantos pats Dorados neck and rubs his ears “we’ll get our exercise Dorado” mounts making sure all his equipment is in order, nods to the poncho and John as he waits for the rest to be ready for the ride