Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 20th of January, 2005, 08:17
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.20 per day)
Buck's ears perk up when Shannesey tells DosSantos of the posted reward. He also keeps an eye on the card table, all the while toying with Kate.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Unread 21st of January, 2005, 02:51
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Shannesey's Saloon - Faro Table

Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit Jose will continue playing at his current pace, nursing his beer and making small talk with Lottie and whomever else joins in the conversation. He will attempt to learn more about the town, Fort Griffin and any interesting recent events.

(While he doesn't overtly ask, Jose is interested in seeing if the stranger has anything to say during the conversation.)

OOC: Gather Information: 16 + 4 (skill) = 20.
OOC: Next six Gambling check results (totals only): 9, 17, 22, 17, 24, 20.

OOC: Does "up $10" include paying for the beer?
Lottie smiles and joins in the small talk some, obviously flirting a bit with both Jose and the cigar gringo. Lottie says, "The town sprang up around the fort, been here many years since the early years of westward travel and the war between the states and with Mexico. Now its mostly Indians they protect against and such. Lots of talk about what they're going to do about that bunch of no good cowpokes and women violators."

The stranger nods, puffs his cigar and says, "Oh, what'd these boys do ma'am?"

Lottie says, "They really hurt one of Planter's girls, nearly killed her."

"That so, well now, that's not right.", he says, glancing up from under his stetson finally at her and you. "Guess someone ought to do something about that. Planter's you say?"

Lottie lowers her eyes and nods, "Yes sir."

The fellow folds his final faro hand as you win a few more rounds, earning about $20 total and that is after you pay your drink tab. You lost about $20 too overall.

He pays his tab and stands up and heads out, his boot spurs making that "ka-chink" sound as he walks down the road.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Unread 21st of January, 2005, 02:56
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Shannesey's Saloon

Originally Posted by Belkregos DosSantos grins at Shannesey’s comment, puffs his cigar and starts talking mostly to himself, his stare lost in the smoke “I can see a soldier going bad, there’s only so much killing a man can do until it’s all the same”

Takes a moment to see the smoke dissipate then looks back at Shannesey

"100 dollars…good enough fer me, where can I find this John Larn?"
Shannesy smiles and refills your drink, nodding. "Aye, that's why he's their leader, evidently he only participates on big events. Mostly his gang just comes to town, stirs up stuff and leaves in a cloud of gunfire and dust. They hit some of the smaller farms too, heard there was a lass they were trying to persuade to come with them. Her father shot one of them, so likely he's a future target. The sheriff is at the jail."
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Unread 21st of January, 2005, 02:56
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington Buck's ears perk up when Shannesey tells DosSantos of the posted reward. He also keeps an eye on the card table, all the while toying with Kate.
You see the events unfolding and Kate is quite interested in you, trying to get you to go with her to her place.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Unread 21st of January, 2005, 03:34
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.20 per day)
"Now now, slow down a hair miss Kate, there'll be time enough tonight for beddin' down, and believe me you'll be the I want with me when bedtime rolls around." He smiles as he turns down her first offer, and politely gets up and walks over to DosSantos. He figures everyone's already seen them together so their cover is probably blown. "DosSantos, we ought to head to the jail and see 'bout that reward 'fore that no name gambler collects it all, heck he may even want some backup."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Unread 21st of January, 2005, 04:31
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
DosSantos takes another puff of his cigar, downs the drink, and nods at Shanessey, “much obliged”

With a pat to Bucks back “I recon that’s a good idea” smiles while getting up and a nod “didn’t want to interrupt your game there” and starts walking then looks back at Shanessey again “got any more of these here cigars? ”

After getting the cigars and paying Shannesey whatever is owed DosSantos starts walking with Buck “might be a good idea to talk to that farmstead who shot one of ‘em too”
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Unread 21st of January, 2005, 05:14
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Lottie lowers her eyes and nods, "Yes sir."

He pays his tab and stands up and heads out, his boot spurs making that "ka-chink" sound as he walks down the road.

Jose's gaze follows the stranger out, then returns to Ms. Lottie. "He's a regular paladin, I suppose," the gambler quips, suppressing a cough. "Is the sheriff or the Army doing anything about the attack?"

(OOC: I'm going to continue forward a bit, assuming that Lottie answers that the sheriff is advertising for a posse to go after the Wild Bunch.)

"I suppose that he'll need some long arms support, too," the young Californian adds, standing from his seat and collecting his winnings (such as they are). "Buenas tardes,
Señora Lottie. Gracias for the game and your wonderful conversation."

With a nod, the gambler heads out the door and looks for the cigar-chomping stranger.

(...earning about $20 total and that is after you pay your drink tab. You lost about $20 too overall...)

OOC: So, I guess Jose broke even, then. [img]images/smilies/smiley%20-%20wink.gif[/img]
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Unread 22nd of January, 2005, 02:41
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington seen them together so their cover is probably blown. "DosSantos, we ought to head to the jail and see 'bout that reward 'fore that no name gambler collects it all, heck he may even want some backup."
Kate bats her pretty green eyes and smiles, "Alright fellow, you can find me here later watching the boys play, just watch yourself most around here aren't as friendly as us town folk."
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Unread 22nd of January, 2005, 02:44
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos After getting the cigars and paying Shannesey whatever is owed DosSantos starts walking with Buck “might be a good idea to talk to that farmstead who shot one of ‘em too”
Shannesey smiles and nods, "My pleasure, just watch yourself, the Wild Bunch are dangerous and that fellow who just left is a very quick draw himself. Did you not see the paper? Aye, I got some more cigars all the way from tobacco grown in Georgia they say. They're a .50 a cigar, how many you want?"
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Unread 22nd of January, 2005, 02:50
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit
With a nod, the gambler heads out the door and looks for the cigar-chomping stranger.

(...earning about $20 total and that is after you pay your drink tab. You lost about $20 too overall...)
Lottie looks up at you as you speak about the stranger leaving. "I don't know who he is, but he saved my life last night, a couple of boys tried turning this place upside down and we're really getting nasty with me. He put them in their place, of course they're dead now, but he seemed very quick with that gun he has under that poncho."

She scowls as you ask about the Army and the sheriff, "The army is too busy watching out for Indians or regenades from the war or Mexico causing trouble. They come here, drink, gamble and party away, few if any do anything other than cause their own trouble. The sheriff is pretty new, he's still getting things settled after the Wild Bunch shot the last one. He's looking for volunteers and folks to help him hunt down the gang."

Lottie smiles and nods at your kind words and watches you go.

You see the fellow still walking down the street towards the jail it looks like, eyeing the wanted posters hanging on the outside wall.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Unread 22nd of January, 2005, 04:37
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi Shannesey smiles and nods, "My pleasure, just watch yourself, the Wild Bunch are dangerous and that fellow who just left is a very quick draw himself. Did you not see the paper? Aye, I got some more cigars all the way from tobacco grown in Georgia they say. They're a .50 a cigar, how many you want?"
DosSantos pays for 4 cigars and matches, thanks Shanessey and walks out with Buck,

OOC: when DosSantos has a chance he will stop at a general store to buy some tobacco and paper
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Unread 22nd of January, 2005, 05:02
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.20 per day)
Buck walks with DosSantos out of the saloon and when he spies the nameless man he approaches him casually. When and if he looks up Buck'll begin speaking "Howdy pardner, I couldn't help overhearing all that talk of a reward back o'er 'n yonder saloon. mName's Buck Acuff and this here is DosSantos. If'n yer plannin' on huntin' them rapists down we'll ride with ya.
I reckon I overheard Dottie say that you's a decent man fer savin' her last night, so if you need a couple'a fellars to ride shotgun with you we could split that there reward." Buck'll then study the wanted men's faces and commit their features to his memory.

__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Unread 22nd of January, 2005, 07:56
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose follows the stranger to the jail, walking briskly (but not outright hustling) in an attempt to catch up. He approaches the jail as the two from the street earlier initiate a conversation.

The young gambler nods to any of the trio who glance in his direction as he listens in; Jose is a patient young man, not as brash or itchin' for glory as some his age. He's already seen enough death to last him a lifetime, and buried enough family to know the Grim Reaper's bloody toll.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Unread 22nd of January, 2005, 08:06
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
DosSantos nods to both Jose and the silent poncho guy
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 03:05
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos OOC: when DosSantos has a chance he will stop at a general store to buy some tobacco and paper
Shannesey smiles and gladly sells you the cigars. You see a sign for Palm & Wilhelm General Store down the street west of the jail. The jail is just up the street from Shannesey's Saloon

[ooc: the map has all this locations]
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 03:09
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Picket Jail

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington here is DosSantos. If'n yer plannin' on huntin' them rapists down we'll ride with ya.
I reckon I overheard Dottie say that you's a decent man fer savin' her last night, so if you need a couple'a fellars to ride shotgun with you we could split that there reward." Buck'll then study the wanted men's faces and commit their features to his memory.

The nameless man is eyeing the wanted posters hanging outside Picket Jail just north of the saloon on Griffon Avenue. He nods to you and DosSantos as you both approach. He puffs his cigar and drops the butt on the porch, scuffing it out with his spurred bootheel. The familiar "ka-chink" is heard.

"G'day to you two as for help, well I suppoes between the rewards here, we could split it up." *he nods and glances you two over* "Aye, Lottie is a nice lass, fair dealer for sure. "

The want ads for the gang and their leader total up around $500 total... the leader being wanted for about $300 himself.

While you're talking and gazing at their pictures...the sheriff steps out and nods,

"Good day fellows, can I help you?"
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 03:12
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Originally Posted by Left-Handed Bandit The young gambler nods to any of the trio who glance in his direction as he listens in; Jose is a patient young man, not as brash or itchin' for glory as some his age. He's already seen enough death to last him a lifetime, and buried enough family to know the Grim Reaper's bloody toll.
As you walk up behind Buck and DosSantos, the nameless fellow scowls seeing three of you now and nods towards you. You arrive during their conversation, the sheriff stepping out hearing voices. The sheriff is a tall, relatively young man with finely trimmed moustache and dark hair. He has a pistol holstered to his right hip and has a rifle in his arm which he sets down seeing everyone at peace.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 03:15
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.20 per day)
The young gunslinger from Waterloo strolls over to the lawman and offers his outstretched hand before beginning in his gruff voice.
"Well I think we just decided to hunt down those fellars raisin' a ruckus in yer fair town. I trust you'll be paying that there reward with silver dollars eh. What can you tell us about these attacks? Where would be a good spot to bushwack 'em? By the way Sheriff m'name's Buck Acuff, pleased to meetcha."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 03:15
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
While you're talking and gazing at their pictures...the sheriff steps out and nods,

"Good day fellows, can I help you?"

The nameless fellow nods at the sheriff, "Aye, I'd like to talk to you about this fellow." *pulls the poster for the gang leader down* "I think these fellows want to help too get the gang."

He then steps up into the jail main room to talk with the sheriff, leaving the three of you gazing in wonder.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 03:20
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington can you tell us about these attacks? Where would be a good spot to bushwack 'em? By the way Sheriff m'name's Buck Acuff, pleased to meetcha."
The sheriff nods as you step up, he shakes your hand. "Good to meet you Buck Acuff, I'm John Larn and I'm the law here abouts. As for hanging this bunch, I'd welcome the help and have money issued by the marshal himself for the reward. As for the whereabouts of them, I'm not sure, they do some hit and run tactics, but they're rumored to be hold up in some hills up past the river in a nearby county. They're former soldiers, gunfighters and gamblers among them. They number about 6-8 with some drifters among them. "

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 25th of January, 2005 at 03:23.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 07:32
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose taps the tip of his hat in deference to the sheriff, listening to the interchange between him, the stranger and Acuff.

"Well, then there's two ways to deal with these banditos," the young gambler says, following the stranger and the sheriff into the jail. "First, one or two of us could 'drift' into the hideout and get a lay of the land, a glimpse at their defenses, and so on.

"The other option, which we could run along with the first, or instead of it, is to scout the hideout from a distance and ambush stragglers after they've left," he continues. "That would give us the benefit of cutting their numbers, and possibly learning more about them from survivors."
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 08:10
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
DosSantos studies Jose and his words for a minute, then tips his hat to him and says “Much oblige, mi nombre es DosSantos” stretches his hand

“good ideas there Don Jose but I think first we should talk to the father of the lass they tried to rape, if its true he killed one of them and these dogs are worth the lead they carry they’ll try to kill him, they’re not expecting anyone to help him, we can set up an ambush there, sounds like they know how to use a gun and I think It'd be better if we fight them outside their home ground”

then looks at the sheriff “you have a map of these here parts?”
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 12:43
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.20 per day)
Buck nods to Jose and then to DosSantos. "I think yer both right, we can cover more ground if we start with a visit to the victim's family, they may remember something else that may help us. Likewise, the preacher here has some good points. I'd kinda like to know just where they call home before they know we're out to hang 'em."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Unread 25th of January, 2005, 13:17
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Picket Jail

Originally Posted by Belkregos him, they’re not expecting anyone to help him, we can set up an ambush there, sounds like they know how to use a gun and I think It'd be better if we fight them outside their home ground” then looks at the sheriff “you have a map of these here parts?”
The nameless stranger nods listening to all your viewpoints and says, "Sounds like a plan. I want the bounty on the leader, the others and whatever else we can get is all yours. I think the sheriff will pay well for dead or alive?", he smiles at him.

The sheriff nods, "Aye, dead or alive, the money is yours. Bring them all in at once and I'll throw in a bit extra myself. If you rescue any of their prisoners which they have been known to take women and that'll surely get you something too. They might have stolen goods too. They attacked the farmstead of Big Jake, a cattle rancher and he's a good shot. His youngest daughter is Jessie....they tried to have their way with her. She's only 15. As for a map, we do have a cartographer here in the city and there are plenty of maps hereabouts. They're up in the hills where the land is still wild and Indians still roam. No law out there."

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 25th of January, 2005 at 13:20.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Unread 26th of January, 2005, 03:51
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi The nameless stranger nods listening to all your viewpoints and says, "Sounds like a plan. I want the bounty on the leader, the others and whatever else we can get is all yours. I think the sheriff will pay well for dead or alive?", he smiles at him.
"
DosSantos tenses at the silent ponchos comment and looks him squarely, “Look here mister, I know you’re a tough hombre, I’ve heard the stories and I’m sure in a fair fight you’d be the one walking, but I don’t think our lives are worth any less then yours”
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 00:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren