Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #126  
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 01:19
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.20 per day)
Buck greets Suzy and scratches behind her ears after retrieving his stuff from the hotel. With his rifle and borrowed shotgun loaded and ready he mounts up, and waits for the others to finish their preparations.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 03:15
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Preparing to leave

Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington Buck greets Suzy and scratches behind her ears after retrieving his stuff from the hotel. With his rifle and borrowed shotgun loaded and ready he mounts up, and waits for the others to finish their preparations.
Several more horses come in bearing soldiers and other folks as they get off their duties for the day to enjoy a drink or food at the saloons. Some folks stop and stare as you all gather. You see an older man wearing spectacles eyeing all of you too.

[occ: new player joining]

The horses have been fed/watered and groomed in the few hours you've been in town. Pete and his crew appear to really take good care of everyone's horses. The sheriff and the nameless man both nod at you and DosSantos as you ride up on your horses.

You see both of them have rifles tucked in cases on their saddles. The nameless fellow appears to have an additional pistol on his left hip too now.

John Larn speaks, "Well Jake's farm is only an hour or so out of town so we can head there pronto and talk to him. If you want to get those maps the cartographer is near your hotel in one of the new buildings, so feel free to check with him later."
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 04:23
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
DosSantos looks at the soldiers entering town, considers for a moment, then sais to the sheriff John "there might be trouble here too sheriff"
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 11:18
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
When Sheriff Larn speaks, Jose slides his Bible into a saddle bag and readjusts his long carbine in its holster. He takes note of the soldiers, but doesn't seem worried about their presence, remembering his days near the Presidio of Monterey and the soldiers' nightly routine when off-duty.

"I'm sure the farmer would be more at ease with our approach if the sheriff was with us," he counters. "Given the last attack and our concerns that the banditos will retaliate, he's not likely to be welcoming strangers to his property."
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 12:09
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.20 per day)
Buck relaxes atop Suzy idly making sure his pistols are free in his holsters as he eyes the crowd. "We oughta be on our way while light permits." The young Texan will nudge his lady onward toward the farmhouse gesturing for his amigos to follow.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 12:13
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Dorado starts walking besides suzy
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 12:45
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
And Jose guides Plumero alongside the other two.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Unread 1st of February, 2005, 13:49
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
On the road

The sheriff smiles, "Aye, Jake is likely to shoot first and ask later if he see anyone coming near his ranch with guns and horses. I'll ride with ya'll and it'll be fine. I do have a deputy who'll watch the place and everyone here knows how to shoot thanks to the fort nearby and all the Indian wars lately. Not many don't have a gun of some type somewhere."

He lightly trots his horse ahead and begins leading you down the road away from the Flat and the fort overlooking on the plateau above.

He then turns slightly south and east onto a smaller looking side road/trail. Looks like wagons use this road at times.

[ooc: posted a link to Fort Griffin's history site and has info on the Flat too]
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Unread 2nd of February, 2005, 08:22
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
The young gambler is quiet as they ride, taking in the terrain for future recall. He's not a soldier, but he figures it helps to know the area around you if you're forced to defend a place...and it was a distinct possibility that they'd have to end up defending this farm.

Adding a silent prayer for a little Providence and greater than normal stupidity by the banditos, Jose continues alongside the others.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Unread 2nd of February, 2005, 10:16
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi The nameless fellow appears to have an additional pistol on his left hip too now.
What kind of weapons is he carrying?
Spot: d20= 11+6= 17



Santos nods at decision of the sheriff to ride with the group and the remark about the deputy, starts riding with the group,

Reply With Quote
  #136  
Unread 3rd of February, 2005, 03:04
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Leaving The Flat

Originally Posted by Belkregos What kind of weapons is he carrying?
The nameless man is still wearing his poncho and hat, but appears to be carrying two customized Colt Army pistols, the newer model that came out during the Civil War. (think of Outlaw Josey Wales holsters) He also has a Henry Rifle or early Winchester on his horse.

A couple of folks from the Echo Newspaper wave at the sheriff asking what ya'll are doing....(insert Babbage here)

John Larn says, "We're off to talk to Big Jake and deal with the Wild Bunch, we'll be back by dark most likely."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren