Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Kahluah's Games > The Old Freeport

 
Thread Tools
  #726  
Unread 26th of August, 2003, 06:03
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
Lee boards the vessel to meet the captain, he reaches out offering his hand in a shake.

"We were wondering if we could borrow some of your time to ask you some questions privately, if time is money them im sure we can make an arrangement." Lee says whispering the last part not to let the ears and eyes of the dock notice.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #727  
Unread 26th of August, 2003, 20:19
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.56 per day)
Kelemyn is happy to follow Lee's lead. Once Cadrius translates the gnome's opening speech for her, she's able to pick up on the rest a bit easier. She is pleased to be invited aboard and eagerly steps on to the colorful vessel's deck.

The only thing bothering her is the fact that she has little gold to contribute toward the Captain's fee should the gnome agree to take them for a closer look at T'Wik and the lighthouse.
  #728  
Unread 29th of August, 2003, 13:22
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.29 per day)
A wide grin threatens to split the gnomes face in two. "An arrangement, ye sez, eh? Please, do tell. Ye've managed te successfully perk me int'rests here."
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #729  
Unread 30th of August, 2003, 12:00
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
"Perhaps in a place of privacy." Lee says looking around on the docks. "If you're worried feel free to bring some of your men, I'll have no objection to disarming myself, and im sure my friends wouldn't mind either." Lee says glancing at his companions for any sign of objection.

"It's a delicate matter that needs to be discussed correctly." Lee says to the gnome.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #730  
Unread 3rd of September, 2003, 02:30
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.29 per day)
The gnome blinks twice before giving a loud guffaw that startles a well-to-do woman and her escort. "Oh, me boy. Ye is new 'ere, aye? This 'ere city were builded on de backsa pirates, ya know? Anythin' 'n' everthin' has that can be sed 'az likely bin sed on this 'ere docks."

Wiping a tear from his eyes, he continues. "'Owever, if you iz adament dat you wanna meet in private, be at the Broken Mug at sunset, 'n' we can talk business den."
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #731  
Unread 4th of September, 2003, 02:19
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.56 per day)
Kelemyn is disappointed, and it shows plainly on her face. She was looking forward to an excursion aboard the Golden Horizon; she doesn't want to put it off until after a meeting later tonight.

She catches Lee's eye and gives him a look that says: "Why the secrecy?"
  #732  
Unread 4th of September, 2003, 15:15
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
Lee thanks the gnome and promises to buy him a drink when they meet, Leaving the ship Lee answers Kelemyn's question.

"I've been thinking alot. The serpeant people, their lair, the light house, it all points to a larger picture. I think we're looking at a conspiracy here in Freeport." Lee pauses. "Drac is the man who commissioned the light house, so he is my first suspect." Lee says openly to his friends.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #733  
Unread 5th of September, 2003, 04:47
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.96 per day)
Cadrius nods, appreciating the bard's mental leap. He had similar thoughts about a conspiracy himself.

"You're probably right, Lee," he says, strolling along the wharf once more, "but why? Did this man strike a bargain with a cult? Or those reptiles we stumbled upon?"

It's a difficult question, and he doesn't expect an answer. It does, however, send his mind down a river of thoughts, and the rogue walks in silence for a time.

"Drac, eh? Well, I'm guessing we won't get anywhere asking him. So what does that mean?" he drops his voice to a whisper, "breaking in?"
  #734  
Unread 5th of September, 2003, 11:07
Skreem's Avatar
Skreem
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #21
Location: California
Posts: 230 (0.04 per day)
The sullen look on the dwarf's face, goes mostly unnoticed as it is difficult to tell from his typical expressions, however when he speaks it becomes clear, "It all seems too simple......... yet so complex." Realizing what he just said, he smiles and shrugs as they walk.
  #735  
Unread 9th of September, 2003, 20:14
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.56 per day)
"Breaking in?" Kelemyn whispers back to Cadrius. "Breaking in to what?" The truth is, the elf could never do anything like that unless she had a lot of proof that such a thing were warranted. She is a representative of the elven clergy afterall.

"Perhaps we should just ask some questions first; see what people are saying about Lord Drac. Maybe someone in his organization would be willing to give us some information."
  #736  
Unread 12th of September, 2003, 04:14
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.96 per day)
Cadirus smiles at the elf-maid, but doubt can be seen on his face. He's skeptical that any employees would know anything too damaging, and if they do, they're being paid too well to reveal it to four trouble-makers. Still, it couldn't hurt to explore their options before getting thrown in jail.

"Okay, so we'll go make inquiries about Drac, why? What're you hoping to find?"
  #737  
Unread 14th of September, 2003, 00:17
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.56 per day)
"He's a Sea Lord - that's a position of power, isn't it?" Kelemyn muses out loud. "Powerful men are the subject of much talk by the common people; their actions are scrutinized and discussed by the locals. If Lord Drac is doing anything suspicious, somebody somewhere will be talking about it.

"And powerful men are bound to have rivals, even enemies. If we could find out who opposes him..... Well, who would be most likely to be watching the man closely, and digging into his secret dealings?"

Kelemyn looks at Cadrius and Lee appraisingly. They both seem like the type to have spent idle time in the local tavern. "Have you heard anything at all about Lord Drac? Think now!"
  #738  
Unread 16th of September, 2003, 09:27
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.96 per day)
"Uh..." Cadrius frowns, glancing skyward as if expecting to find an answer there. He tries his best to conjure up any bits of conversation he may have heard, or at the very least, any rumors floating around, but nothing comes.

"I've got nothing," he says, still frowning, "but if I do, I'll let you know. Still, she's got a point. If the man's in power, he's got enemies. Hell, we've got enemies and we're nowhere near any position of power, Drak's gotta have dozens of 'em."

The rogue looks about, inhaling the the salty breeze as it flows past them, whipping its way along the wharf and out to sea.

"Where to start?" He gets a mischevious grin, "Perhaps a jilted ex-lover?" He looks at his companions bemused, "Anyway, if we're gonna find them, it's not going to get done here. Let's go hit a tavern."
  #739  
Unread 16th of September, 2003, 09:39
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
"I agree." Says Lee to Cadrius. "Good thinking Kelemyn."

Walking along Lee tries to think to himself what he could have heard about Drac in the streets. Not alot, most of what he had heard was centred around the Light House and his 'folly' in building one - but even then some people liked the idea, as shown by the harbour master.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #740  
Unread 16th of September, 2003, 16:14
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
Lee stops suddenly.

"Ah! I remember a few more details now." Lee says to his comrades excitedly, although he calms down he goes about begining all the things he remembers having heard.

"Drac, Milton is his first name, he came into power 11 years ago after a relative, Anton Drac, was assassinated." Lee pauses. "It was his cousin I think, anyway rumor has it he was shot through the heart with a yellow-tipped arrow."

Lee lets the details sink in, before continuing.

"After the death, the hunt for the heir to the 'throne' of Freeport began as the Captain's Council searched for the next living descendant of Anton Drac. As Anton had no children, that fell to a previously unknown man by the name of Milton Drac, a distant cousin of Anton's." Lee says taking a breather for a second.

"I've heard that the position of the Sea Lord is akin to that of Governer on the mainland, but in Freeport, the Sea Lord is chosen through succession instead of election like in many places. I also remember why its called Milton's Folly." Lee starts to explain.

"The lighthouse is known as Milton's Folly not because it is a bad idea, but because Sea Lord Drac has spent 10 years trying to get it built, and now the city coffers are nearly dry." Lee explains, after some strange looks from his friends, he shrugs.

"A little bird told me."
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 15:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren