Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > -J-'s Games > Champions

Unread 28th of April, 2009, 13:29
Hardball
Vampire Spawn

Member: #2500
"Someplace where we can train," Hardball adds. "We need to be ready for the next time."
Unread 28th of April, 2009, 23:57
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

Member: #13
So, find a batcave and work out like Rocky training for Apollo Creed until the Widow feels like finding them? It sounded strange, but then again, he was hard pressed to think of any action that didn't sound strange at this point. Predictably then, nobody seemed put out by the idea of just picking up and spending time fighting demons and crazy psychic bitches.

Jesus, I mean, I'm not leaving much but doesn't anyone here have a life?

He stands up abruptly and paces over to the counter, tilts his head to the side and cracks his neck.

"Where the hell is Polnoch?"
Unread 15th of May, 2009, 08:19
-J-
Dread Lord on High [Epic GM]

Member: #1006
Ring.

Almost as if by cue the phone next to Hardball rings, dropping the room into a tense silence.

Ring.

Seven pairs of eyes stare at the ringing black plastic.

Ring.

Slowly Hardball lifts the receiver from the cradle.

"Hello?" the metallic creases in his brow lift excitedly as he recognizes the voice.

"Hey Po...." he drops suddenly silent, the worried furrows returning to his face.

"Ok..."

"But..."

"Sure..."

"Yeah I understand."

"Alright then, I'll tell them..."

"No problem."

"Bye."

He gently sets the phone down. The click of plastic receiver striking home is like a gunshot.
Unread 19th of May, 2009, 08:47
Hardball
Vampire Spawn

"Well, that was P." The confusion quickly melts from Hardball's voice as he addresses the group. "He says it isn't safe, and that's why he hasn't met with us yet. He said to let you all know how proud he is of you. And he says it's important that we stay here for now. This place is like a safe house. The Widow can't find us as long as we stay here in the suite.

"We completely wanged whatever plans she had for Nightwind. I'll bet she's super pissed and looking for a metaphorical paddle large enough to spank us all with.

"So for now, let's all get comfy. Sounds like we're gonna be here for a bit longer than we thought." He looks around the suite. "Still, I could think of worse places to have to hide out."

Last edited by Hardball; 19th of May, 2009 at 10:56.
Unread 22nd of May, 2009, 05:57
Gralhruk

"Great."

Jack sighs, taking the bitterness out of that one word and looking around once more at his unlikely companions. He didn't belong here, and at this particular moment he really wanted nothing more than to be somewhere else. He'd been on his way to see her, after all this time, after all the hiding and the running. Face it straight on instead of crawling into a bottle.

He wanted to be pissed at Polnoch but he couldn't be - not after hearing Kat's story, not after seeing the faces of those they'd saved from that horror. He wasn't vain enough to think he was responsible for all of that, but he'd been part of it. All of them had, and it had been a near thing. If they hadn't all been there . . .

It was hard to be selfish in the face of all that. So his personal shit would need to wait a little longer. It had waited this long, surely it could wait a little longer, for something considerably more noble than his own personal wallowing. They must have lives, things they were all leaving behind or needing to do, but not one of them said a word.

"Alright, so here we stay. Maybe you all have some experience with this hero stuff, but I'm a little out of my element here. Hell, a few months ago Polnoch dragged me out of the gutter. If he hadn't bothered I don't know where I'd be so I guess I can cut him some slack."
Unread 22nd of May, 2009, 08:37
Hardball
Vampire Spawn

"I think we're all a little out of our element," says Hardball. "That's part of why we all need to stick together. The only way through this is... well, through it. We'll need to rely on each other's strength. And you have strength, Jack. You have it in spades. I've seen it."
Unread 27th of May, 2009, 00:55
Gralhruk

He snorts.

"I've seen more in the past day than I ever dreamt of in my philosophies. We all have strength. We need knowledge."

The mind was the true weapon of a warrior. With it, you could anticipate a foe, defeat brute strength, identify the lynch pins in the most complicated defenses. No matter how strong they were, they were green. They needed experience before they'd be anything more than lumbering rookies.

"Polnoch is busy, okay. That leaves us here, cut off and supposedly safe. What do we know now that can help us? How do we keep the widow out of our head? Maybe there are some sort of signs we can learn to look for, things that might tell us reality is being manipulated. Painful as it is, we need to look at what she did to us and try and figure out how to fight it."
Unread 27th of May, 2009, 04:53
Hardball
Vampire Spawn

"True," Hardball adds, pausing for a moment to think. "Hey, Nightwind. You broke the Widow's hold. How did you do it? And, more importantly, is it something you can teach us to do?"
Unread 5th of June, 2009, 06:32
Reinstadler
Bodak

Member: #1062
Paul listens with his head on his knees. His searchlight eyes turn to each speaker almost before they start speaking. He nods in agreement then looks away whenever a question is asked. When Polnoch called he had jumped to his feet, only to resume his posture six seconds later before the line had disconnected.

Breathe. Stay put. Breathe.

He finishes the apple he'd grabbed from the tray after Polnoch hung up and twists it idly by the stem. He finds it hard to look at Hardball. The holes in the metal man's forms seem filled with her void.

His wide eyes turn expectantly to Nightwind.
Unread 17th of June, 2009, 08:42
-J-
Dread Lord on High [Epic GM]

Member: #1006
All eyes focus on Nightwind, and she can feel her self growing smaller. For so long now it had been just her. Sure she had government handlers and foster families, but they were but the normal facade drawn over the mangled remains of her very fucked up life.

There aren't many kids who can say that Doctor Destroyer attended their birthday party.

Or that they got to see first hand what a 3.7 gigajoule particle cannon can do to a group of eight year olds.

And now she is supposed to teach a group of near strangers how to defend themselves from some bber powerful, psychic she-demon with a leather fetish?

"I think so," she finds her self saying, as if speaking it would make it true.

"I think so..."