Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > ...It Brings On Many Changes

Closed Thread
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 05:38
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

Member: #830
Christiaan and Patrick

The voice on Christaan's phone says, "McGreggor."

Assuming there is an answer, Christiaan will proceed carefully, in case the policeman’s phone is monitored; “Hello, is this Mr. McGreggor? I would like to speak with you about the case Ms. Dobson told me you are working on. When can we meet?”
"I'm at a little place called Gianni's..." he gives an approximate address. "If you can come right away, I can talk to you here."

[Who is driving? Or separate?]

When van der Luyden and James get there, they are quickly shown to a booth in the back. Inside the booth is a lingering smell of perfume, a bottle of expensive wine and two glasses, and a mortal of about fifty years, in a rumpled suit. There is other evidence of food eaten. The man reaches over to shake hands with the two Kindred as they slide in. "I'm Mcgreggor," he says.

The booth seems to be at least partially soundproofed.
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 06:18
ikay
Bodak

Member: #2720
Christiaan thanks McGreggor for being able to see them on such short notice. As it seems Rurik and Tatyana are able to proceed as well, he bids them goodbye and holds the door so they all can leave. Christiaan will take his own car, Patrick is welcome to come along, or take his own car, whatever he likes

Briefly taking in the scene, the Dutchman briskly shakes McGreggor’s hand. “My name is Van der Luyden,” he pronounces it the American way; different from the way it sounded in Elysium. “Thank you again for seeing us on such short notice. I hope we aren’t interrupting anything?” After letting go of the human’s hand he uses his own to indicate the impressive bottle and the glasses.

Niceties done with, he looks at Patrick to see whether he has any input at this point, or whether he wants to introduce himself.

Addressing McGreggor again, he says: “I understand you’re the officer in charge of the Inauguration Murders? We would like to know how far along the investigation is. Why don’t you tell us?”

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 7th of March, 2009 at 06:27.
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 06:37
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Member: #1716
Patrick rides with Christiaan, staying pretty silent during the ride. After reaching the restaurant Patrick lets Christiaan take the reins of their interview with the cop, staying quiet unless talked to and giving the presence of an enforcer or bodyguard. Plus, Patrick was pretty confident that Christiaan could give the same questions Patrick would ask. He would chime in only if he though something was relevant, or that the Dutchman forgot something.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 6th of March, 2009 at 07:15.
Unread 7th of March, 2009, 06:34
Wired*Nun

"No, not interrupting at all." He seems to be happy about something. He jokes, "I'm off duty...which just means I'm not getting paid for these hours."

We would like to know how far along the investigation is. Why don’t you tell us?”
Mcgreggor, whether from the command or because he wants to, explains that he is in charge of the team looking into the murders.

"It's only been a day, but here's what I know. The hooker that went out the window was killed by the fall. It looks like she was struck in the neck by some kind of natural weapon - bones, claws, something like that - as or before it was done. The ME says they didn't get enough of the material to sample properly. CSI pulled some fingerprints out of her apartment but they don't have any matches yet. They did say that she must have been running flat out, straight out her window, to have flown that far. I dunno. I looked, and I don't believe it." He rubs his chin, then taps the table and hums something tunelessly.

"The artist's place was wierder. The girl was hung slowly, strangled to death. What was hanging from the other wire...the ME says that was swan feathers and bones. With Swann gone, he's a suspect as well. But you know what? I think that's bullshit. The bones didn't like any bird I ever saw, and I worked at a poultry plant when I was in college. Some of it was human...or at least primate. And they were lifted into the loops by something strong, because the wire wasn't drawn over a beam or anything...it was fastened to hooks. There were no defensive wounds on her, either...but there was no evidence she was knocked out, either. No other evidence...no fingerprints."

"The ones in the freezer were drawn and quartered. It looks like they lay down peacefully, then allowed themselves to be hacked into quarters - here and here - " he draws his hand across his body, crotch to neck, then across his sternum - "but the cuts were not complete. The body was torn the rest of the way...like you'd section a chicken, but not finish it with the knife but just tear it the rest of the way. Then dumped into the big chest freezer on top of the Budweiser. There's no evidence of where this happened, or how the body parts were carried there."

"The ones upstairs were decapitated just like the media reported. The clock. The blood was drained out of them into the sink - they checked the plumbing. No fingerprints there either. The heads were chopped off by something extremely sharp and heavy."

"The ones in the playground...the man was dead long before he was impaled, maybe two weeks. The woman was alive when she was put on the pole. Must have been excruciating. Their heads and limbs were taped up to immobilize them. Again, someone very strong, maybe a couple of someones, must have done it. There were some scrapes near the poles where they stood on something, though we're not sure what."

"That's about all I know. All of the ME reports are preliminary, other samples are at the lab..." he falters, rubs a hand over his face. "I'm not sure why I'm telling you all this, except...some of the people must have been yours, I'm guessing?"

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 7th of March, 2009 at 09:02.
Unread 7th of March, 2009, 21:27
ikay
Bodak

“Yes,” Christiaan answers, although he leaves it deliberately unclear which part of McGreggor’s question and statement he is answering. He takes a moment to finish the notes he is making in the notepad he brought. There may not be much new information, but what there is is worth noting down, as is the way it is presented.

When he’s done, he brings the back-end of his pen to his lips, looking at the policeman with cool calculation. “I’m curious, why did you choose to reveal the facts in this particular order?”

After the captain answers, the next question is: “How were you alerted to each of these deaths? How and when where they called in?”
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 02:06
Wired*Nun

“I’m curious, why did you choose to reveal the facts in this particular order?”

"Ummm...I dunno. I guess it's the order I've been reviewing them in my mind..."

“How were you alerted to each of these deaths? How and when where they called in?”

He sits back, putting his hands on the edge of the table, his thumbs picking at the edge as he looks down in thought. "The hooker was called in by a Doctor Herrington. He runs a free clinic near where the body landed. The artist was discovered the next evening by the building super when some supplies came in that day, and Swann wouldn't answer the door. The ones at the pub were discovered by the day manager when he went to restock the bar with Bud. He called it in. The decapitations were discovered the next day when the super let the maid in. He called it in. The ones at Murphy Park playground were spotted by some kids who apparently told a Reverend Matthew Jackson, III, who phoned 911 around 9:30pm."

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 10th of March, 2009 at 04:23.
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 04:09
ikay
Bodak

Christiaan nods, once again making notes of the answers. Then he looks up and smiles his cool smile at the man. “Just to be complete, what are the names of the people that found these bodies? Other then Dr. Herrington, of course.” He supposes the names of the grown-ups will be easy enough to find, but he is especially interested in the names of the children. They tend to see things different from grown-ups, so perhaps there is new information to be found there.

Sitting straight up as he writes, Christiaan doesn’t look at Patrick much, but he makes sure to leaves pauses in the conversation so the other can jump in if he wants to. He makes sure the pauses don’t seem unnaturally long, though. Continuing the questions he says; “Can you tell us something of the relationships between the victims?”
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 04:31
Wired*Nun

"I don't know...it's in the reports, I'm sure, but I don't remember all the details. I'll have to call you later." He pulls out a notebook of his own, clicking a pen and holding it above the paper. "Number?"

“Can you tell us something of the relationships between the victims?”

"Relationships? Ahhh...nothing with the hooker. The artist girl did some modeling for Swann, but nothing else as far as we know. The bar owner and the other guy were lovers. Miss Lunmila and mister Adan were acquaintances, as far as we know, maybe though their interest in the occult. The gangbanger and the bimbo had no connection, as far as we can tell...he was known to deal drugs, and she was known to use, so maybe he was her supplier, but that's just pure speculation."
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 05:12
ikay
Bodak

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # "I don't know...it's in the reports, I'm sure, but I don't remember all the details. I'll have to call you later." He pulls out a notebook of his own, clicking a pen and holding it above the paper. "Number?""
Without hesitation, Christiaan gives the police officer the number of his cell-phone. He’s already stated that he comes to McGreggor by way of Miss Dobson and he has already given his name. However, it might be wise to repeat whatever insurance Dobson’s name lends. “In fact, if anything new turns up in your investigation I would be grateful if you could let me know. I’m sure Miss Dobson will appreciate it as well.”

He smoothes his tie as McGreggor speaks. It’s not a nervous gesture, more the movement of a man who takes care of the way he looks. “Mmm, I see. And do you think the crimes are separate issues? Or can you determine a relationship between the five crimes and the victims of each?” Christiaan spreads his hands, pen still in the left one, in a gesture that seems to say ‘I’m only looking for answers, just as much as you are’.

[Is there still wine in the bottle? Otherwise it might be polite to give our mortal companion another drink]
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 05:52
Wired*Nun

[No, and he's drinking coffee.]

"Separate? There is nothing physical that we know to link the crimes together - but five incidents at approximately the same time in the same neighborhood? That in itself is a link. And in four of them, there seem to be one of...of your people, and one of ours. In fact..." He thinks for a minute. "Is it possible that one of your people was killed along with the hooker, that we don't know about? It would seem to be...symmetrical. Or perhaps he or she got away? If so, maybe we have a witness hiding somewhere..."
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 06:47
ikay
Bodak

Making some quick assessments, Christiaan allows that letting the officer in on this cannot hurt their own investigation. The human might appreciate some quid pro quo, and who knows, they might even come up with something useful.

“No, you haven’t. He didn’t get away.”

Christiaan is silent for a moment, thinking. To gain a moment, he orders McGreggor another coffee and a tea for himself. He doesn’t offer Patrick anything, but once again leaves room for him to interject something.

Stumped for a specific question, Christiaan tries to gain more thinking time by asking: “Okay, so far this isn’t all that new. What has your investigation turned up so far beyond these starting details?”
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 11:57
Wired*Nun

"Ahhh." The police captain sits back. "So do you have the body? Or care to share what you know about him? It seems I've just spllied my guts, and if we're both working for the same thing...aren't we?"

“Okay, so far this isn’t all that new. What has your investigation turned up so far beyond these starting details?”
"That's it, all I can think of right now. I only got a couple hours sleep last night, and this wine didn't help any...I need to get to bed. If there's nothing else specific, Mr. van der Luyden, I think I'll take my leave. Call me if you have anything more, and I'll do the same, okay?" He slides out of the booth, sticking his hand out gamely to be shaken. It makes Christiaan wonder just how much he knows about Kindred.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 10th of March, 2009 at 21:56.
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 16:43
ikay
Bodak

The sudden decisiveness McGreggor displays takes surprises Christiaan a bit. Still, he didn’t come all the way here to receive what he sees as very little new information, nor to have this man treat him as an equal of any kind. The vampire would be happy to foster such feelings, but on his time, making it his decision. The whole situation makes him fall back on his powers earlier then he usually would. He purposely doesn’t answer the question, feeling he has been, hah, kind enough so far.

He smiles up at McGreggor, not reaching out to shake the man’s hand just yet. “Oh, I think it’s been a more then fair exchange of information so far, don’t you agree? In fact, why don’t you stay and divulge some more?”

[Christiaan uses dominate. Assuming McGreggor sits down again (otherwise I’ll think of something else)] Serious again, Christiaan goes on: “Now if you’re tired, why don’t we order you another coffee. I would really like to hear some more. Let’s start at the first file, then. What makes you say the hooker didn’t jump?”
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 22:16
Wired*Nun

MacGreggor sits back down, with a certain reluctance. "All right...yeah, gimme a double espresso, would you please? The hooker didn't jump because it's just too impossibly far. If I ran full tilt out the open window I couldn't have flown that far. But she definitely went out that window, because they found glass embedded in her body from that window. People heard the crash. The ME said she must have jumped, no evidence utherwise...it just doesn't make sense. Even if she went off the roof - 11 storeys up - it would be a stretch."
Unread 11th of March, 2009, 01:52
ikay
Bodak

Christiaan motions to the waiter, so McGreggor gets his drink. He listens to the man with a thoughtful face, trying to picture what the other is saying.

“Okay, I see what you mean. Did the neighbours see or hear anything, or were there signs of forced entry into the apartment? Signs of a struggle, maybe? And I suppose you’ve already spoken to her pimp, what was his name again? Maybe he knows something of who she was supposed to be with at the time of her death?” Apart from Reynaude, that is. “Or maybe some other hookers know, friends or rivals. Was it her own apartment, did she have a roommate?”

He taps his pen against his notepad, pondering. His tea has gone cold; he pushes the glass away, shaking his head at the waiter when they enquire whether he wants another drink. He waits until they are alone in the booth.
“Since this is the death that actually had witnesses, once she was out of the window anyway, there might have been someone who saw the murderer get away, even if they didn’t realize it at the moment. Anyone saw anything weird around then? Apart from the girl on the sidewalk, I mean.”
Unread 11th of March, 2009, 02:08
Wired*Nun

"No, and no. No forced entry, no struggle. We're looking for the pimp, he goes by Rolly. Real name James Cooper. The usual jacket. I figure he bolted to avoid answering questions, but there's no reason to think he did it or hand anything to do with it. No reason not to, either. His other girls say they haven't seen him, but he has to come up for air sometime, or abandon his business. We don't have enough people for a stakeout, but we'll keep after him. We interviewed a few of his girls, didn't get much out of them. They're scared, and as usual, they think talking will just make them targets." He thanks the waiter for the double espresso, then pours a long dollop of sugar into it. He stirs, then swallows half of it before going on.

"She didn't have a roommate. If you saw the place you'd know why, it's small, and not exactly upscale, if you know what I mean. Beat cops tried to interview people, but people generally don't want to talk extensively to the cops. We got a report from that doctor - Herrington? signed off at the time. Wasn't any reason to reinterview him, he's a standup guy."
Unread 11th of March, 2009, 23:12
ikay
Bodak

“We will definitely have to interview Dr. Herrington as well. If the pimp turns up, let me know, will you? Whether or not he has any useful information.”

Christiaan lowers his eyes a moment to look at his notes, then looks at McGreggor again. “Let’s move on to the next one, then. You’re saying someone lifted her into the loops? But if there were no fingerprints… Can’t it be that she stood on something which was subsequently removed?”
Someone knows a lot about domination, it’s the only answer to some of these murders. Or several someones, of course. “And what kind of wire was used? Was it something the perpetrator found in the studio, or was it brought there for this purpose?”

Last edited by ikay; 12th of March, 2009 at 03:00. Reason: grammatical stuff (Thanks Dave)
Unread 12th of March, 2009, 04:55
Wired*Nun

“We will definitely have to interview Dr. Herrington as well. If the pimp turns up, let me know, will you? Whether or not he has any useful information.”
MacGreggor looks down at the table. "Yeah...you do that. But not too much, right?" He lifts his eyes to stare at Christiaan in strange, hard way. "Doc Harrington has friends. People that might worry even you." He licks his lips. "I'm not threatening you, you understand. I'm just giving you some useful information."

Christiaan lowers his eyes a moment to look at his notes, then looks at McGreggor again. “Let’s move on to the next one, then. You’re saying someone lifted her into the loops? But if there were no fingerprints… Can’t it be that she stood on something which was subsequently removed?”
He stares at her for a long moment. "Why the hell would she do that? You think she suicided? Like maybe Swann convinced her to kill herself, then staged things later? Look, I leave the tricky stuff to the forensics people. I deal with the most likely scenarios. Most likely is somebody drugged her, or knocked her out, or just held on to her. And then put her in the noose. You got some other theory, feel free to share." He seems to be growing more irritable as time goes on. Low-level Domination in strong-willed people can produce a backlash, and seldom lasts for long.

“And what kind of wire was used? Was it something the perpetrator found in the studio, or was it brought there for this purpose?”
"It was piano wire, 2 millimeter, four meters long. Very strong stuff, high-carbon steel. Unless there were exactly two pieces laying around, I'd say the killer or killers probably brought it with them, and whoever handled it was strong, too. There were no tool-marks other than where it was cut off the roll, but the wire was tied into knots that Ironman would have trouble untying."
Unread 12th of March, 2009, 07:49
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Member: #1716
"What about surveillance tapes, anything get caught on tape?" Patrick chimes into the discussion for the first time.
Unread 12th of March, 2009, 08:02
ikay
Bodak

Christiaan looks at McGreggor, a look of haughty surprise on his face briefly before it slides back into a semi-friendly mask while Patrick pipes up. He awaits the answer before going on with his own questions. “Thanks for the warning, captain, I will certainly keep it in mind”. The fact that he scratches something in the margin next to Herrington’s name shows he’s serious. “Perhaps the good doctor won’t mind working with us. After all, we’re all on the same side here, are we not?” He uses the exact same tone of voice MsGreggor did.

Although he disagrees with McGreggor’s hostile statement, he’s not going to argue with the man. I don’t think my suggestion is any stranger then the idea she – and Swann- just let themselves be hung without a struggle. You did say no defensive wounds, no evidence of being knocked out. He makes a note to ask Rurik and Tatyana whether the ME said anything about this victim being drugged. Someone in the Clan can probably answer how strong one has to be to tie 2mm piano wires into knots, if McGreggor is about to really walk out, there are other, more specific questions he wants to ask.

So he brings himself to smile at the man, trying to placate him. “Mr. McGreggor, I understand you’re busy, so let’s go through the last files quickly. Do you know what was used to make the initial cuts in the bodies found in the pub? And to draw them apart, something had to do the drawing. Where there any marks on their arms and legs? Did someone hold onto them, or were they tied to something?”

After McGreggor answers, Christiaan asks another question about this case: “You said the bodies were dumped in the freezer, but do you know where the murder took place? And was it common knowledge that they were lovers?”

[OOC; unless Christiaan already knows the answer to that question, of course]

Last edited by ikay; 12th of March, 2009 at 08:09.
Unread 12th of March, 2009, 11:01
Wired*Nun

"What about surveillance tapes, anything get caught on tape?" Patrick chimes into the discussion for the first time.
"There aren't any cameras in that area. It's low-rent, walkup, run down. One of my guys looked at the tapes at the nearest gas station, and two ATM tapes. Nothing out of the ordinary, though we do have them in evidence if we need to look closed. You have some specific idea of what we're looking for? A description of a suspect we can compare against people who used the ATMs maybe?"

“Perhaps the good doctor won’t mind working with us. After all, we’re all on the same side here, are we not?” He uses the exact same tone of voice MsGreggor did.
"If you say so." His face is blank, which really says he isn't really sure of that.

“Mr. McGreggor, I understand you’re busy, so let’s go through the last files quickly. Do you know what was used to make the initial cuts in the bodies found in the pub? And to draw them apart, something had to do the drawing. Where there any marks on their arms and legs? Did someone hold onto them, or were they tied to something?”
"Captain. MacGreggor. Please. I believe I've earned the title," he says dryly. He drains the rest of the espresso. "The cuts were made by something big and heavy, and sharp, like a meat cleaver. A big meat cleaver. The pieces were torn by pulling on ropes, tied around each limb. The rope marks are clear, but they are postmortem. There's no way of knowing what held the ropes. Four strong men, maybe."

"In medieval days they used to do that to live people, with a horse attached to each limb. They called it being drawn and quartered...it was a very public demonstration of punishment for criminals, designed to scare the hell out of anyone that would even think of doing...whatever crime was done."

After McGreggor answers, Christiaan asks another question about this case: “You said the bodies were dumped in the freezer, but do you know where the murder took place? And was it common knowledge that they were lovers?”
"We haven't found the place this was done for sure. My suspicion is a big Halal meat market and butcher shop just across M, called Al-Jabili Halal Meats. There's no conclusive evidence of that, but it's the perfect place to do butchery and hide the blood and debris. The plastic they were wrapped in was of the same type as they use there. Forensics is trying to determine chemical composition, manufacturing marks and cut pattern to see if it came off the same roll. And yes, it was more or less common knowledge that they were a pair. We actually have a separate file with some anti-gay hate mail, death threats, stuff like that...we're looking through that too, but somehow I don't think this was about their particular lifestyle. Unless we have some kind of religious extremist trying to kill all the 'sinners.'"
Unread 12th of March, 2009, 20:43
ikay
Bodak

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # You have some specific idea of what we're looking for? A description of a suspect we can compare against people who used the ATMs maybe?"

Christiaan shakes his head with a wry expression on his face, “No, unfortunately. We are here because we were actually hoping you could help us with that.”

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # "Captain. MacGreggor. Please.” <snip> "In medieval days they used to do that to live people”

Medieval punishments… Mmm, there’s an idea.

Giving another placating smile, Christiaan amends, “Captain, off course, I’m sorry. So they were dead before the quartering.” The ease with which the Dutchman comes up with the term shows he’s familiar with the concept. “Was the pressure on all for quarters the same, or was one part thorn from another, suggesting they were tied to something stationary while something powerful pulled on the other side? And presumably there was blood-flow from the cuts,” From the moral, at least, “For as long as they were still alive at least. Is there a way to determine how long the whole process took?” Christiaan is a bit unsure about these questions, they might draw McGreggor’s attention to the abnormalities on Kellough’s corpse, but it’s necessary if they are to create a time-table.

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # "We haven't found the place this was done for sure. My suspicion is a big Halal meat market and butcher shop just across M, called Al-Jabili Halal Meats.

“Uh-huh,” he nods as he writes this down.

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # We actually have a separate file with some anti-gay hate mail, death threats, stuff like that...we're looking through that too, but somehow I don't think this was about their particular lifestyle. Unless we have some kind of religious extremist trying to kill all the 'sinners.'"

Wheels turning in his mind, the vampire looks McGreggor in the eye again. “I would actually like to have a look at that file. Religious nuts isn’t such a strange leap; look at this, we’ve got a queer, a drug-dealer, occultists, and an artist, who was apparently into voodoo-like stuff. And a defenestrated hooker, particularly biblical for a Jezebel, won’t you think?” Christiaan almost grins, McGreggor handed him the perfect scapegoats. As soon as the Camarilla feels the police have given all they can, they can spin the mortal interest in that direction, keeping the Masquerade safe. Kellough and Circe could’ve been gay, or the mortal could’ve been a ghoul or another king of retainer. Someone would know.

He taps the fountain pen to his lips again, before making a show of getting back to business. “Very well, next up; the decapitations. We’re they done with the same weapon that made the cuts on the pub-owner? Any information on the relationship between these two victims?"

With a slight frown he adds:”How does one get from the pub to the apartment, or vice versa? Do you have to go outside, or is there a way to do this within the building? Any security camera’s around that area?”
Unread 15th of March, 2009, 01:59
Wired*Nun

"I dunno about the exact method of quartering. The cuts probably made it about even, but I only read the preliminary, the ME is pretty busy with the whole thing. They were unresisting when they were butchered, probably unconscious, and the cutting really killed them. The quartering happened within fifteen minutes of the cutting, I'm told."

I would actually like to have a look at that file. Religious nuts isn’t such a strange leap; look at this, we’ve got a queer, a drug-dealer, occultists, and an artist, who was apparently into voodoo-like stuff. And a defenestrated hooker, particularly biblical for a Jezebel, won’t you think?”
MacGreggor looks blank at the classical references. "Uh, yeah. Confirmation class was a long time ago...If you wanna come in to my office to look at the hate file tomorrow, gimme a call."

“Very well, next up; the decapitations. We’re they done with the same weapon that made the cuts on the pub-owner? Any information on the relationship between these two victims?"
"It could have been the same weapon, yeah. Something heavy, sharp and thick, like a butcher's cleaver. We don't know how well they knew each other, they weren't cohabiting, and the other residents don't remember seeing the man around a lot with the woman. Could have been somebody she just met."

:”How does one get from the pub to the apartment, or vice versa? Do you have to go outside, or is there a way to do this within the building? Any security cameras around that area?”
"Yeah, you can get from inside the pub through the kitchen and work area, into the interior of the building, up the stairs, easy. But there aren't any security cameras there, this ain't that kinda fancy neigborhood."
Unread 15th of March, 2009, 22:30
ikay
Bodak

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # They were unresisting when they were butchered, probably unconscious, and the cutting really killed them.

That’s probably true in the case of the mortal, but the vampire…? The quartering is more likely to have done him in. See whether the ME has anything to add.

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # MacGreggor looks blank at the classical references. "Uh, yeah. Confirmation class was a long time ago...If you wanna come in to my office to look at the hate file tomorrow, gimme a call."

Really, for someone who’s aware of kindred existence… But he just looks faintly friendly and answers: “I’ll be unable to make it during office hours, I’m afraid. Is the evening a possibility? Or I could send an aide to pick up a copy?” He’s probably not going to go for that, giving away police files, but I can always try.

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # "Yeah, you can get from inside the pub through the kitchen and work area, into the interior of the building, up the stairs, easy. But there aren't any security cameras there, this ain't that kinda fancy neigborhood."

“Too bad. Oh well, can you verify how the killer entered? Were there signs of forced entry, things like that? What were the victims doing before they let themselves be killed? Did the neighbours notice anything?”
Unread 16th of March, 2009, 10:55
Wired*Nun

“I’ll be unable to make it during office hours, I’m afraid. Is the evening a possibility? Or I could send an aide to pick up a copy?”
He laughs. "I know you people don't like daylight. I'm working more like seven to nine with this one anyway, so if you come by around 7pm I can show you the file." He is ignoring the idea of someone picking it up, apparently.

"There are no signs of forced entry whatsoever. It's like they just appeared inside locked rooms. You know anyone capable of doing something like that?" He raises his eyebrows melodramatically. "No, no one noticed anything, no one heard anything, it's a freakin' Sherlock Holmes mystery." He looks disgusted. "I hope you people can figure it out, because I'm stumped, and so are my guys."
Closed Thread