Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Reply
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 01:01
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
I bow deeply, grinning at her comment, Much thanks, milady. I will remain here by these chimes, but facing away from the two of you. I doubt you will hear me when I leave. I bid you goodnight.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 03:39
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
"Good night."

With that, I walk down the dune towards OmniFrost.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 04:20
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I watch as Mizuki, begins down the slope, "I agree. It's not worth it without knowing if I'd be ending suffering, or causing it."

I stand as Mizuki approaches, "Hello Mizuki."
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 05:20
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
"Hello, Omnifrost. Am I interrupting anything?"
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 05:43
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I smile, "No, not at all. I'm just waiting for Malak to go up the rope with Aros. What can I do for you?"
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 05:55
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
I grin. "Me too. He may be a while. It's prayer time for him. I was going to sit down with you and wait, but only if I wouldn't be disturbing you as well."
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 05:59
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I gesture to the sand, "No, have a seat. I was just debating the scales of the cosmos. Would you like some bread and cheese?"
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 06:15
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
I sit down, smiling. "I'd love some bread and cheese, I haven't eaten in a while. Thanks! I'd offer to fill the meal out with something, but don't have my pack on me. I expect I'll find it by breakfast time, though. So, scales of the cosmos, huh? Do they offer any insight? Seems like they'd be rather indecisive."


Last edited by LadyGlutter; 1st of October, 2008 at 06:18.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 07:05
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I reach into the left pocket of my pants, dig around a bit and pull out two wrapped parcels. Unrolling the first, and extending the loaf of bread, "The bread may be a little stale, but the cheese is divine. It is the best the herders on Mount Kuth'tular have. So far it is the best I've ever found," then unrolling the second, which is obviously the cheese, and offering that as well.

"The scales are pretty much even I suppose. Really it's more myself weighing the effects of my actions on the rest of the cosmos, and how it would be affected."
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.

Last edited by LightBringer; 1st of October, 2008 at 07:09.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 07:24
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
I take a bit of each, and when I hear such praise, I definitely take a moment to pay attention to the cheese and look it over carefully, even sniffing it before eating it.

I nod, "I'm not familiar with that mountain... hm. From goats?" I take a bite and a minute to savor it. "Thank you again. I appreciate you sharing something so rare with me. I'm a fan of cheese anyway, thank you for the treat.

Anyway, I don't know that we can ever know just how far reaching our actions are. Are you talking about our supposed 'quest', or just in general?"
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 07:48
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
(The cheese has a strong odor, but not overwhelming. It looks almost brittle, and crumbles nicely into the mouth when bitten, then quickly softens with the heat of the mouth, and almost dissolves away. It has a very sharp, but rich flavor.)

After taking some myself and storing the parcels back into the pocket, I sit down. "Well,..... they're goat like." I laugh. My face lighting up with the broadest smile yet. "You are quite welcome. I don't mind sharing".

After a moment to recover, "I'm not on any quest right now." You can see the wheels turning, "She seems kind enough, and she is far from the rude mage-slayers."

I lower my voice slightly, "In all honesty, I have been debating about the bones by the staff. Malak says they belonged to a young boy, which may or may not be true. Let's say they are for arguements sake. If it were within my power to restore the boy's life, what would be the consequences? It has been many years according to the story. His family has surely adjusted, and moved on, if they are even alive. What if even though he was slain as Malak says, his soul is now at rest in a heavenly plane? Would it be right to rip him from such a place? I agree that our actions can be far-reaching, and sometimes unseen, but this one has some immediate, and definitive results".
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.

Last edited by LightBringer; 1st of October, 2008 at 07:59. Reason: Added voice change.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 10:30
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
"Mmmmm. It's good." I listen, then think for a while.

"I just told Malak that taking a life is not to be taken lightly. I think it's funny that you're contemplating the results of the opposite action, but I still hold the same opinion." I laugh. "Strange, but true. I wouldn't do it, if it were in MY power to, anyway. "
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 11:25
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
For a few moments I listen to the wind, "I know it's not something to take lightly. I had mostly ruled that option out. I prefer to follow the natural cycle, although there are exceptions. My main thoughts were on the status of the soul. I believe I can remedy that later though."

I smile again, my thoughts becoming less hectic, "Of course that is if Malak ever goes to bed. What about you? Why are you waiting for him to retire for the night?"
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 13:00
Doombot's Avatar
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1704
Location: Spartan Country
Posts: 3,964 (0.87 per day)
Blood everywhere. A lot of it is mine. More of it isn't. Neck hurts.

No, no time for that. Dahai can fix me later, or Rath. A pity Calor turned out to be more a hindrance than a help. He was a skilled field medic. Slippery blood. Hard to hold onto to
(Gurthang)
Anglachel. No worries, the sword knows I won't let go. Can't let go.

Gotta make it to the barghest. Black dragon-men everywhere, they're huge -- even bigger than IED. Good thing warforged don't care about that. Damn, he's brutal. We might make it.

Closed the distance. Not looking so smug anym -- sonofawhore! It jumped, just as I -- gotcha now! Pulse of hatred, through my arm, through
Anglachel, through its heart. Flesh and bone, parting under black iron. It's a good feeling. Blood everywhere.

One dragon left, too far away. Have to jump.
"IED, close ranks, flank right! Rath, cover Dahai!"
Too slow. Damn armor, have to talk to Jean about something lighter. Almost there. Quick strike, clean. Now it's just a party; two recruits with a stick can handle this now.


I toss and turn a little while longer, still armor-clad. Eventually my
(memory)
dream gives way to much needed sleep.
__________________
"thank that Doombot guy for making you grow a beard. You looked like an idiot without one." -- treehouse's wife
The Gold Standard for Creepy - .9999 pure.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Unread 2nd of October, 2008, 00:28
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.44 per day)
Malak - You are now able to turn your attention to prayer and in the relative quiet are able to properly meditate. The sand is less biting now as the wind continues to die down, though the chimes are still creating their clamorous song. Your meditations are only darkened in that you seem so very far away from The Shalm tonight, as if separated by a sea you cannot cross. You feel Obad-Hai, but it is as echoes in the mountains.

Mizuki and Omnifrost, as you are enjoying the quiet of the evening, it become apparent that Malak is beginning his evening prayers. The night wind is slowing to a dusty breeze, though it will be some time before the dust in the sky settles to the ground, if it ever does in this desolate place.

It is going to be another long night, Aros. Your dream-memory is only the beginning of your unstable sleep.

I see you on the sands Camlost. I feel your breath. Will you kill them as you killed Kumbhakarna? It would do you well to return to the path of blood, man of the waking world.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Unread 2nd of October, 2008, 00:56
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
"A few reasons. I like the stars, and don't want to go to bed yet. I was hungry, but that's better now. I also was thinking of flying up higher than I did before to see what I could see, if it is bright enough. This dress is not suited for where we are. I'm not changing in front of them in the morning, and anyway, I haven't found my stuff. Oh, and can I ask you, do you also have a dislike of dragons?"
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Unread 2nd of October, 2008, 01:18
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
My smile continues, "Dragons? Dragons are fine. Some of them are misunderstood, but generally I've found that they are pretty reasonable. You just have to be willing to talk, and accept their point of view as a valid arguement." I shrug.

"Would you like some water to wash that down?"
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Unread 2nd of October, 2008, 01:35
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
"Yes, pl... wait. How much water do you have?"
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Unread 2nd of October, 2008, 01:53
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I laugh, "Enough." As I withdraw the watering can from the right pocket, along with the tin cup, and fill it for Mizuki. I offer her the cup, and stick the can back in the pocket.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Unread 2nd of October, 2008, 03:31
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
I smile as I wash the food down, "Thanks again." And then return the cup to Omnifrost. After that I fall silent, staring up at the sky, checking on Malak from time to time.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Unread 2nd of October, 2008, 03:36
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I put the cup back in it's pocket. I sit down, and enjoy the breeze. Watching Mizuki from time to time.

"If you'd like to go flying feel free. If you'd like some company I could join you, or I could stay here. I know you'd like to find your pack."
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Unread 2nd of October, 2008, 04:30
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Hmmmm.... Maybe Scratch'll come out if we're flying. I sure wouldn't expect her to introduce herself to the others. But this way she's got the choice herself.

Without any allusion to what I'm thinking but, "Alright, lets see how well you keep up then" I take off, smiling and happy to be doing something. I circle the camp area a few times before heading straight up.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Unread 2nd of October, 2008, 04:48
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I laugh a little, "Oh, if only it were that easy." I take advantage of the circles to quickly dig in my pack, make some adjustments, and slide my pack back on.

Then I shoot up into the air and join Mizuki. "I have no doubt you'll blow me away, but I've always enjoyed chase." I look much the same, except now, in the rush, my necklace is hanging free.

(Mizuki would have seen Omni quickly take off her tunic, slide something shiny on, and then put her tunic back on.)
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Unread 2nd of October, 2008, 05:01
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
I take several moments to let my spirit rest, focusing on the sound of the blowing breeze, the patter-clatter of sand falling on sand, the subtle crunch and rumble of dunes shifting slightly, the aching silence of the desert and its duality of thirst and abhorrence for water. So doing I seek to become one with the desert, settling into the dune, burying my hands deep into the sand and feeling the residual warmth within - waiting in silence.

Shalm, my sense of your distance grows. Yet you are the guardian of ALL nature, I beg you draw near that my fellowship with you may mature and bear fruit. Put to death my doubts and second-guesses. As this day was born in expectation, it grew into tearful goodbyes, and now I lay it to rest with these awkward greetings which have transpired. I confess that I may have offended some in my growing eagerness, I beg you lay their concerns to rest. Plant the seed of wisdom and discernment in my heart and nurture it to fulness that I may sense and know those who are to be trusted and those who are not.

Morning Sun which wanes to Dust
And yields the night unto the Moon
To thee, oh Shalm, my life I trust
And beg thee watch me on this dune.
Grant that thy strength and vision be
Bestowed upon thy humble slave
That I might nature's defender be
'gainst abusive proud and vilest knave

Last edited by MadDogMaddux; 2nd of October, 2008 at 11:55. Reason: spelling errors
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Unread 2nd of October, 2008, 05:26
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
"Yay, you weren't angling to hitch a ride! Come on, there was a thermal around here somewhere. Let's see what if I can find it again." My eyes are positively dancing now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 04:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren