Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Reply
Thread Tools
  #201  
Unread 19th of January, 2011, 23:16
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
((No, not the armor, but something nearby, though... perhaps not on this plane. There is a path that avoids the glyphs, which reaches the other side of the hall. Other paths leading from the room are concealed and behind tapestries. Those areas are heavily warded. If your question is talking about hallways that you have not yet taken, you aren't completely sure. The complex is certainly large enough for hallways to double back upon each other.))
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Unread 20th of January, 2011, 08:54
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
I nod, musing, Clever, this trap was likely built to trap those who think as prey. If we, instead think like the hunter, the one who laid this trap may find himself unprepared. It is a risk worth taking.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Unread 20th of January, 2011, 13:37
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
I shrug. "I can see the value in it. So, you hear the plan, Scratch?"
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Unread 24th of January, 2011, 10:31
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
Scratch sends you good vibes, and you can tell that she heard the plan. She seems to think that it is a fun idea.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 02:13
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
Very well then...shall we hold hands and click our heels together? I step towards the glyph.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 04:25
Doombot's Avatar
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1704
Location: Spartan Country
Posts: 3,964 (0.86 per day)
I've never heard of a ritual that involves heel-clicking, but joining hands may not be a bad idea.
__________________
"thank that Doombot guy for making you grow a beard. You looked like an idiot without one." -- treehouse's wife
The Gold Standard for Creepy - .9999 pure.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 13:54
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
I'm good with it as stated, so grab a hand and go.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 14:01
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
"How sweet!"

Yes, let's go! I'll make sure to try and be the one to trip the glyph, too.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 14:38
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
I'll grab a hand and step to.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 14:41
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
((Interesting!))

Holding hands is a good key, and the trap (which Mizuki manages to trip), will pull the lot of you into a new location with a flash of yellow and blue.

Firstly, it seems that you are within the same general compound, whatever tomb or catacombs this might be, based on the carvings, stonework, and general structure of the hall in which you are now standing. Secondly, this is what seems to be a well traveled path. You see none of the dust from the other rooms. This pathway is used. Malak you see boot marks all along this hallway, shuffling to and fro. Thirdly, the four of you are positive that you have not been in this section of the compound. It does not match either hall you have visited.

Now then, you aren't exactly sure where you are (in this compound that you do not know where it exists) and so you aren't entirely sure whether going down the hall in the direction you are facing or turning around and walking the other direction will take you back to your original location. Then again, that may not be your motive at all.

Anyways, here come the skeletal warriors. It's their boots, after all. They shamble in your direction until they sense your presence, and then they collectively raise ancient weapons in a silent rallying cry. They are dressed in an iron-age standard - long coat of chain, nasal helms, round shields, and either long spears, sturdy axes, or morningstars. Malak, you count 2 dozen, which might make up the number of prints you were beginning to pace out - they really didn't give you enough time to make that determination.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 15:40
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
I bring Jess up as a sword, blazing with Holy Sacred light, and calmly take a five foot step to the fore, readying myself - and realizing that Mizuki will probably evaporate them before I get the chance to do anything.

(Ready action for when I have 4 or more targets in melee, then swipe once at each - Power Attack Full)
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 22:48
Doombot's Avatar
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1704
Location: Spartan Country
Posts: 3,964 (0.86 per day)
I check behind us to make sure the way is clear, and unless I see lots of baddies I move up beside Malak and likewise prepare. That will likely put us between the undead and the girls, but defending them is less the goal here than kicking some skeletal ass.
__________________
"thank that Doombot guy for making you grow a beard. You looked like an idiot without one." -- treehouse's wife
The Gold Standard for Creepy - .9999 pure.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Unread 26th of January, 2011, 13:54
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
I get ready to defend, stepping out in front, but these aren't worth turning. Really I'm looking for the other shoe to drop. Where is it?
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Unread 27th of January, 2011, 08:33
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
A big smile crosses my lips and I chuckle to myself as I watch the three of them via for the 'front' position, and I can't help myself...

"Malak is in the lead, oh no Aros takes the lead in the second turn. Now Mizuki makes her move in the 3rd turn, can the others make a final move in the last stretch...."

I'll be sure to keep my eyes to the rear.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Unread 27th of January, 2011, 10:30
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
I shrug and smile wryly, if they want to do the nitty gritty stuff, more power to them, I'll stay readh, but drop back and search the hallway for traps and tracks.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Unread 27th of January, 2011, 13:45
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
OmniFrost and Aros, you'll note that there are, indeed signs of activity behind you. You hear a steady, liquid movement, more of a slurp than a scrape, behind you in the distace, out of sight. Likewise, all of you hear, in a harsh ancient tongue, commands from behind the front flank of warriors. None of you readily recognize the language.

Malak, you can see that the floors here are free from any physical traps. If there were any, they've long since been sprung, with the way these skeletal warriors travel.

So you know, the hallway is smooth cut stone, with flagstones on the ground. The ceiling is roughly 10 feet high and about 20 feet wide.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Unread 31st of January, 2011, 13:47
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
"Aw, OmniFrost, why do you have to call attention to it? We just want to make sure you're not squished."

I grin, ready for the fight, still holding my action.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Unread 1st of February, 2011, 08:56
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
"Well if you want to protect me from squishiness, there are some creepy-crawlies coming from the back as well."

((I'll cast a light spell down the hall if I can't because of darkness. If it's a turn or something like that, I'll wait.))
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Unread 1st of February, 2011, 13:50
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
My attention immediately switches from these goons to behind OmniFrost. I'll take the step back in line with her and even turn around.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Unread 2nd of February, 2011, 02:10
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
Having been "behind" with Omni, and about to form up on the flank, I am interrupted by the Chaotic Paladin jumping back into that place. I'll stop short and simply ask, Milady, where would you have me ready for combat?
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Unread 2nd of February, 2011, 14:48
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
((I'll hold until we're resolved and clear))
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Unread 9th of February, 2011, 12:46
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
((Sorry for the delay. My fault.))

Okay, the group of you stand your ground, and OmniFrost illuminates the rear passage. You still see nothing back there, OmniFrost, just inky blackness... wait... the blackness just moved! The whole hallway is completely filled, floor to ceiling with an enormous amorphous inky mass, and it is creeping toward you. The front rank of skeletal warriors form up and lock shields, presenting a sold shield wall, with a hedge of longspears in front. The second rank lower their longspears, as well. You can still hear the other voice barking orders, but you still cannot see the source, as it is obscured by the ranks of skeletons. You do catch a flash of orange light from behind the undead troops, but nothing more.

The skeletons are closing in on your position slowly.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Unread 10th of February, 2011, 07:38
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
"Oh shhhit, that's a big one. We need ooze control back here."
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Unread 11th of February, 2011, 08:50
Doombot's Avatar
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1704
Location: Spartan Country
Posts: 3,964 (0.86 per day)
I mutter a quick abjurative invocation and, with a glance to our rear, begin to move toward the ranks of skeletons with the intent of scattering them. I saw that orange flash, and I don't like it one bit.

((Attempt to cast Shield, then move forward to engage the skeletons, taking advantage of the reach granted by my currently embiggened state.))
__________________
"thank that Doombot guy for making you grow a beard. You looked like an idiot without one." -- treehouse's wife
The Gold Standard for Creepy - .9999 pure.
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Unread 11th of February, 2011, 11:13
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
Mizuki, I have little experience with oozes, and quite a bit with undead. If you would be better suited to assist Omnifrost with the Ooze, might I suggest we castle?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 19:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren