Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Unread 19th of January, 2011, 23:16
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
((No, not the armor, but something nearby, though... perhaps not on this plane. There is a path that avoids the glyphs, which reaches the other side of the hall. Other paths leading from the room are concealed and behind tapestries. Those areas are heavily warded. If your question is talking about hallways that you have not yet taken, you aren't completely sure. The complex is certainly large enough for hallways to double back upon each other.))

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 20th of January, 2011, 08:54
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Member: #2980
I nod, musing, Clever, this trap was likely built to trap those who think as prey. If we, instead think like the hunter, the one who laid this trap may find himself unprepared. It is a risk worth taking.
Unread 20th of January, 2011, 13:37
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Member: #2781
I shrug. "I can see the value in it. So, you hear the plan, Scratch?"
Unread 24th of January, 2011, 10:31
Chris Chandler

Scratch sends you good vibes, and you can tell that she heard the plan. She seems to think that it is a fun idea.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 02:13
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Very well then...shall we hold hands and click our heels together? I step towards the glyph.
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 04:25
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

Member: #1704
I've never heard of a ritual that involves heel-clicking, but joining hands may not be a bad idea.
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 13:54
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Member: #2777
I'm good with it as stated, so grab a hand and go.
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 14:01
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"How sweet!"

Yes, let's go! I'll make sure to try and be the one to trip the glyph, too.
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 14:38
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

I'll grab a hand and step to.
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 14:41
Chris Chandler

((Interesting!))

Holding hands is a good key, and the trap (which Mizuki manages to trip), will pull the lot of you into a new location with a flash of yellow and blue.

Firstly, it seems that you are within the same general compound, whatever tomb or catacombs this might be, based on the carvings, stonework, and general structure of the hall in which you are now standing. Secondly, this is what seems to be a well traveled path. You see none of the dust from the other rooms. This pathway is used. Malak you see boot marks all along this hallway, shuffling to and fro. Thirdly, the four of you are positive that you have not been in this section of the compound. It does not match either hall you have visited.

Now then, you aren't exactly sure where you are (in this compound that you do not know where it exists) and so you aren't entirely sure whether going down the hall in the direction you are facing or turning around and walking the other direction will take you back to your original location. Then again, that may not be your motive at all.

Anyways, here come the skeletal warriors. It's their boots, after all. They shamble in your direction until they sense your presence, and then they collectively raise ancient weapons in a silent rallying cry. They are dressed in an iron-age standard - long coat of chain, nasal helms, round shields, and either long spears, sturdy axes, or morningstars. Malak, you count 2 dozen, which might make up the number of prints you were beginning to pace out - they really didn't give you enough time to make that determination.

Unread 25th of January, 2011, 15:40
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

I bring Jess up as a sword, blazing with Holy Sacred light, and calmly take a five foot step to the fore, readying myself - and realizing that Mizuki will probably evaporate them before I get the chance to do anything.

(Ready action for when I have 4 or more targets in melee, then swipe once at each - Power Attack Full)
Unread 25th of January, 2011, 22:48
Doombot

I check behind us to make sure the way is clear, and unless I see lots of baddies I move up beside Malak and likewise prepare. That will likely put us between the undead and the girls, but defending them is less the goal here than kicking some skeletal ass.
Unread 26th of January, 2011, 13:54
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I get ready to defend, stepping out in front, but these aren't worth turning. Really I'm looking for the other shoe to drop. Where is it?
Unread 27th of January, 2011, 08:33
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

A big smile crosses my lips and I chuckle to myself as I watch the three of them via for the 'front' position, and I can't help myself...

"Malak is in the lead, oh no Aros takes the lead in the second turn. Now Mizuki makes her move in the 3rd turn, can the others make a final move in the last stretch...."

I'll be sure to keep my eyes to the rear.
Unread 27th of January, 2011, 10:30
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

I shrug and smile wryly, if they want to do the nitty gritty stuff, more power to them, I'll stay readh, but drop back and search the hallway for traps and tracks.
Unread 27th of January, 2011, 13:45
Chris Chandler

OmniFrost and Aros, you'll note that there are, indeed signs of activity behind you. You hear a steady, liquid movement, more of a slurp than a scrape, behind you in the distace, out of sight. Likewise, all of you hear, in a harsh ancient tongue, commands from behind the front flank of warriors. None of you readily recognize the language.

Malak, you can see that the floors here are free from any physical traps. If there were any, they've long since been sprung, with the way these skeletal warriors travel.

So you know, the hallway is smooth cut stone, with flagstones on the ground. The ceiling is roughly 10 feet high and about 20 feet wide.

Unread 31st of January, 2011, 13:47
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"Aw, OmniFrost, why do you have to call attention to it? We just want to make sure you're not squished."

I grin, ready for the fight, still holding my action.
Unread 1st of February, 2011, 08:56
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

"Well if you want to protect me from squishiness, there are some creepy-crawlies coming from the back as well."

((I'll cast a light spell down the hall if I can't because of darkness. If it's a turn or something like that, I'll wait.))
Unread 1st of February, 2011, 13:50
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

My attention immediately switches from these goons to behind OmniFrost. I'll take the step back in line with her and even turn around.
Unread 2nd of February, 2011, 02:10
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Having been "behind" with Omni, and about to form up on the flank, I am interrupted by the Chaotic Paladin jumping back into that place. I'll stop short and simply ask, Milady, where would you have me ready for combat?
Unread 2nd of February, 2011, 14:48
Chris Chandler

((I'll hold until we're resolved and clear))

Unread 9th of February, 2011, 12:46
Chris Chandler

((Sorry for the delay. My fault.))

Okay, the group of you stand your ground, and OmniFrost illuminates the rear passage. You still see nothing back there, OmniFrost, just inky blackness... wait... the blackness just moved! The whole hallway is completely filled, floor to ceiling with an enormous amorphous inky mass, and it is creeping toward you. The front rank of skeletal warriors form up and lock shields, presenting a sold shield wall, with a hedge of longspears in front. The second rank lower their longspears, as well. You can still hear the other voice barking orders, but you still cannot see the source, as it is obscured by the ranks of skeletons. You do catch a flash of orange light from behind the undead troops, but nothing more.

The skeletons are closing in on your position slowly.

Unread 10th of February, 2011, 07:38
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

"Oh shhhit, that's a big one. We need ooze control back here."
Unread 11th of February, 2011, 08:50
Doombot

I mutter a quick abjurative invocation and, with a glance to our rear, begin to move toward the ranks of skeletons with the intent of scattering them. I saw that orange flash, and I don't like it one bit.

((Attempt to cast Shield, then move forward to engage the skeletons, taking advantage of the reach granted by my currently embiggened state.))
Unread 11th of February, 2011, 11:13
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Mizuki, I have little experience with oozes, and quite a bit with undead. If you would be better suited to assist Omnifrost with the Ooze, might I suggest we castle?