Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Unread 13th of November, 2013, 11:09
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
<<Oh, if they are epic, then they are like Hiawatha, no? They should be able to pick which wing on the fly they clip. >>

Aros, you move at speed toward the hill, and the figures do seem to notice you. As you make your approach, the silhouettes begin to become defined, and you see shapes of well-dressed (if ancient) nobility. They look human, two men, and lady wearing a bronze crown. They seem civil enough, and the woman smiles at you. They wait.

Malak - you observe Aros making his way across the field and see the figures react. From your vantage they also are hoping for a peaceful meeting.

The fish snorts and then replies -

He's been not exactly dead for centuries, and has been stuck here in a prison of his own making the entire time. I'd say he still has a mind, but I would never say that he's sane. He wasn't sane when he was living.

Omni - any response?

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 13th of November, 2013, 13:53
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Member: #2777
I'm pondering. Perhaps he may want revenge against said powers. I'm still trying to keep the swans attention. I don't know if it saw Mizuki, and is it would bother her...

"Do you know anything of the dragon that watches this place?"
Unread 14th of November, 2013, 00:55
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

Member: #1704
I will approach to within half a dozen paces, arms still out and low, palms outward. Hail, friends. I am Aros and my companions and I are new to these lands, if such you can call them. May I ask who you are, and how you came to be here?

Last edited by Doombot; 26th of November, 2013 at 01:59.
Unread 16th of November, 2013, 02:22
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Member: #2781
Have you given up all hope, too?
Unread 16th of November, 2013, 03:14
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Member: #2980
*waiting, watching, ready*
Unread 20th of November, 2013, 11:52
Chris Chandler

Malak - You watch the exchange from afar. It seems civil from your vantage.

Omni - You speak of the dragon to the Swan and her eyes widen in surprise.

You mean that she still lives? Certainly I thought that after the last - well, that is... No, I might not ought to discuss such things, considering. I... am quite glad that the ol' girl is still counted amongst the living, such as it is. How is it you have met her and still live?

Mizuki -

The fish shakes it's head and responds, saying Oh, no, definitely not. I'm only hiding in these rushes because we heard you and those humans arrive. I've live quite a happy existence as a fish for these many years. You come along and it might end right now, even if i did paint it.

Aros, the woman nods her head and then curtsies befitting her station, while the men bow low. She speaks for all three -

I am Alana, widow of Aethling Ulbrect. These are Eorlings Raff and Gunnar, my retainers. They also serve as my bodyguard. I am the ruler of this domain, if such you can call it.

She says that last with a wry smile. She continues -

Welcome to Ulbrect's Hold.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 21st of November, 2013, 00:59
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

What the ? You painted it?! You are being most unforthcom- ah, no!

Fair fish, although I understand that is not your true form, I apologize for my rudeness. Mizuki, at your service.
Unread 23rd of November, 2013, 01:29
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

I smile, "Just lucky I guess, or she's attempting to manipulate us for a reason only she knows. Of course thats been tried before, and oh how they wish they never met me." I pause, then continue, "Hopefully she just felt we could help, and has no other motive."
Unread 26th of November, 2013, 02:00
Doombot

An unusual domain it is, to say the least. Well met then, Widow Ulbrecht. Can you tell me more about this place?
Unread 5th of December, 2013, 06:42
Chris Chandler

Mizuki -

The fish peers out of the rushes and then, seemingly boldly swims out and then around you slowly. Afterwards he speaks -

Mizuki, eh? Quite a name, I must say. Suppose you've lived to fill it. Now then, yes, I am the creator of the mural, but not of the enchantment that lay upon it. That is the young man's doing. I truly wonder how you ever made it to the mountain to even see my work. The young man's not one for small-talk... unless of course he put you in here. That would explain a lot.

Omnifrost -

The swan nods and replies-

The ol' girl certainly has her own motives, especially if she was in her right mind. That's truly the only way you survived, that she wasn't under his direct control. She's orders to devour anyone, you know. I wonder... No. Shouldn't pry.

She pauses -

[COLOR="rgb(154, 205, 50)"]Now that you are here, what do you hope to find?[/color]

Aros -

The lady laughs loudly (so loudly that Malak can easily hear her), and then replies -

Oh, it's a bloody painting come to life, that's what it is. It's the mural, but living. We can only travel to the places that are on the mural, which is frighteningly small, you might have gathered. If you know what you are doing, you can... control some parts of the mural, but only temporarily. It changes back with time. That's another thing. We've been at sunset for as long as we've been here, and the moon's been a crescent for just as long. No day, no night, no seasons save summer, no peace.

Past that it's lovely, really lovely.

Unread 12th of December, 2013, 01:52
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"Well, our journey hasn't been one you could draw on a map, really. We were most recently in a desert plain in a place called Athas. Have you heard of it? We are all strangers, but were brought there in a way that I don't think any of us quite understood. We've been traveling together for a very short time, trying to find out why some of us are linked together, when we encountered a being of great power, a demi-lich. I managed to ... disrupt his being for a day, but we knew we would be able to regroup and come back if we didn't finish releasing his soul. Somehow we find ourselves here now. So I don't know if this is your young man's doing or not."
Unread 12th of December, 2013, 13:32
Doombot

Is there no way to leave this place? Or do you desire to stay? We at least must leave at some point.
Unread 18th of December, 2013, 07:09
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

I sit down by the side of the pond with my legs crossed, "Well our original purpose was to gather information on the being who created this place and trapped everyone in here. I suppose that's still the main goal, but I enjoy just traveling and learning about people and places.

Is there anymore you can tell me about the 'man' that keeps you here? If not. feel free to tell me about yourself."
Unread 19th of December, 2013, 05:55
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Malak is more a man of action than of unraveling mysteries. He waits, remaining poised to protect Aros, but at the same time searches the terrain - even these conversationalists - for any clue or sign that might indicate what course of action should be taken.
Unread 10th of January, 2014, 04:17
Chris Chandler

Aros -

The lady responds, saying-

Oh, it would be lovely to leave. To feel cold stone, smell wood smoke, taste fresh fruit. That would be divine. We're all cursed to stay, though, and through the years none of us has been able to open the door out.

Omni -

The swan splashes slightly and replies -

Well, I grew up with him. He is... was... I'm not sure any more. The young man is my brother, though he's hardly considered himself family for some time. We never really got along well. He was very angry, very driven, and very distant, even as a child. He didn't care for father's new wife, the lady Alana, and blamed them both for our mother's death. He's very bitter, or was before he... Before he became a true monster.

Mizuki -

The fish responds -

Athas, can't say as I have ever heard of a country of that name. Though, I'm no expert on geography. You might find it in the library of the keep, but you never know.

So... you met the young man, and put him back to sleep, at least for a time. He is going to be quite angry, though I must say, you picked the perfect place to hide. He rarely visits here.

Man of Action -

You scan the horizon, and you get the feeling that if you were to walk over the hills past the keep you would hit your nose on the sunset. The area actually feels like it is closing in on you a bit after you realize that the sky is paint.

Unread 10th of January, 2014, 05:54
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

_Is that claustrophobia, or reality?_

Malak furrows his brow, looking for any sort of means of escape. _We entered the painting by touching it, perhaps we can leave it the same way?_
Unread 16th of January, 2014, 05:26
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"He was already quite angry, so more ire will not surprise me. But the keep has a library? That is interesting! Thank you for your help. Is there nothing I can do to help you?"
Unread 21st of January, 2014, 00:50
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

"Well, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sure she was quite a lovely person."

"To bad your bother couldn't simply accept that death is part of the cycle. Without it our lives, and all that they hold become... lessened." After a thought, "Perhaps this is why he keeps you and the others prisoners. In a feeble attempt to hold on to life."
Unread 5th of February, 2014, 07:15
Chris Chandler

Malak -

It is claustrophobia. The walls do not seem to actually be moving. It's simply the awareness that the sky is a mural that is causing the closed in feeling. The sky is a bow-shot away.

OmniFrost -

The swan bows her head in agreement. She replies -

This is true. He rarely visits, but sometimes sends us messages. They... speak of his torment. I would imagine that he will send us a message soon. Such messages are rather unpleasant.

Mizuki -

Oh, my help is less than nothing. Take it or leave it. At least I talked to a beautiful stranger for a bit. That's better than watching that swan's tailfeathers any day.

What you can do to help? Free me, and I suppose the rest of these fools, put the young man to a permanent rest, and abolish poverty and greed while you're at it. If I see any one of those three I'll consider my life charmed.

Aros -

Alana looks expectant after her statement. Have you a response?

Unread 28th of February, 2014, 07:31
Chris Chandler

((bump))

Unread 28th of February, 2014, 13:28
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

((I got nothing to add, at the moment. Sorry. Did you see the second half of my previous post?))
Unread 6th of March, 2014, 12:23
Doombot

((Sorry, must have missed this.))

If there is a door out, then there must be a way to open it. I for one do not intend to remain here; I cannot imagine that my companions would feel otherwise. Walk with me, and tell us what you know of this door.

I make to walk back to the party, hoping Alana will follow.
Unread 14th of March, 2014, 00:17
Chris Chandler

Aros -

Alana looks to her companions and waves them away. They both nod and turn toward the keep. She follows closely, replying -

It is as any of the other doors in my home are. It is a sturdy oaken door with a simple latch, with a wide brass plate across the middle of the door. It actually does open, but our captor has a poor sense of humor, as it opens to a blank stone wall. We've excavated the wall, but there is nothing behind the stone, and it repairs over time. There are words etched on the brass plate, well, letters of a sort, but I do not know them, and they are not found in the library. My men cannot read them either.

By the time she finishes, you've arrived back at your group. You do not readily see Mizuki, and Omni appears to be speaking to waterfowl. Malak is looking toward the horizon.

Malak -

Unless one of the clouds is obscuring some sort of portal, your keen vision does not betray any hidden entrance along the sky or horizon. The only way to test your hypothesis about leaving by touching would be to touch it.

Unread 14th of March, 2014, 06:15
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

((How much of the conversation between Aros and Alana did my keen were-ears pick up? Think I have a +1,000,000 to Listen...))
Unread 20th of March, 2014, 12:54
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Omni is ponder the swan's last statement before replying.