Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Greyroar's Games > Classic Adventure

Unread 20th of August, 2009, 08:29
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #2780
Mende turns back to the crowd from the inn. "Uh, we seem to be in need of some assistance. Does anyone know where we might find some horses? And er... Well I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask if there are any skilled warriors here capable of dealing with evil beasts..."

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Unread 20th of August, 2009, 22:01
Greyroar
Ghoul [GM]

Member: #7432
Around the corner Lionel sees two horses being lead into the stable by the stable hand. He also sees a heavily armored figure who stands roughly five feet in height along with a much taller and slender figure dressed in a green riding cloak.
Unread 20th of August, 2009, 22:51
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Mende searches the crowd for any possible candidates. He didn't much like the idea of facing a vicious unnatural beast with just the three of them, and he was willing to take what help he could get. The Barbarian lady was kind of scary, but he'd feel better with a real scarred, battle hardened warrior, or perhaps a skilled magic user. That Lionel just didn't seem all that compelling as he wandered off in search of horses.

Unread 21st of August, 2009, 02:06
Shmitty85
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #7530
Thorlond says his farewells to the lady in green, he then turns his attention to Lionel. Thorlond replies to Lionel " O' course I would mind if ye borrowed me horse.Tho I'm sure tha' stable boy could set ye up with however many ye need for a fair price, but first tell me of this impending danger and how i maybe of service."
Unread 21st of August, 2009, 04:35
Scythe
Bodak

Member: #2925
The young wizard shoots a desperate look to the man: "A fellow resident of this desert town seems to have had a rough encounter with a fearsome creature.... where is this stable boy? I have but few coins to spare..."
Unread 21st of August, 2009, 05:48
Greyroar
Ghoul [GM]

The lady in green, interested by Lionel's statement, turns toward him, "A monster you say? What kind? See, I collect rare specimen would you mind if I accompany you while you seek it out? I would of course allow you to ride my horse."
Unread 21st of August, 2009, 06:13
Scythe
Bodak

Lyonel sighs of relief, at least he'll be able to move quickly. However, he seems to be insecure with the idea of letting a beautiful lady follow him and his companions in danger: "I would be eternally grateful; however, I fear for your security and well-being milady. In exchange for your loan, I will do my best to collect a specimen for your collection, if that is what you wish... "
Unread 21st of August, 2009, 07:52
Greyroar
Ghoul [GM]

She nods her head,"I am honored by your courtesy, and I mean no offense when I ask, how can i be assured that you will return my horse?"
Unread 21st of August, 2009, 08:54
Scythe
Bodak

Lyonel thinks for a few moments, unsure of what to say: "You can't, I may only offer my word, thus is the only thing I may barter; and a few coins, if gold is what milady desires?"
Unread 22nd of August, 2009, 07:13
Greyroar
Ghoul [GM]

the lady replies, "Might I atleast aquire the name of the one who seeks to borrow my steed?"
Unread 23rd of August, 2009, 04:43
Greyroar
Ghoul [GM]

As Mende searches the crowd behind him he sees the usual motly assortment of traveling patrons, a few of which stick out in particular. The most prominent of which is a trio of men who have the bearing of soldiers, that seem interested but are purposefuly making sure they aren't obtrusive about it. Each of the men is dressed in a dark green uniform which includes a leather cuirass, a shortsword and a dagger. The second most prominent figure is a gaudily dressed woman who looks like a gypsy, her outfit is complete with a tamborine at her hip and a set of castonets hanging from her belt. Finaly there is a robed figure hovering back from the rest of the crowd; the hood to the robe is drawn and it is difficult to discern anything aside from height and a strange bulge on its back. However it is strangely the only one who responds to Mende's inquiry for horses. In a soft, crooning voice it speaks, "I have a horse you may borrow and I haven't many skills but those I do have I am willing to put at your disposal."

Last edited by Greyroar; 23rd of August, 2009 at 04:48.
Unread 23rd of August, 2009, 07:24
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Mende cocks his head curiously at the hooded person but then smiles and nods, beggers after all could not be choosers. "Truely? That would be most helpful. Thank you." He would have liked to know more about this mystery man... or woman... but time was of the essense. He looks around at the rest of the crowd, his eyes falling to the most prominent of them. The green uniformed warriorish men, and the strangely dressed woman. The men looked as though they might be helpful if they could be convinced to help, but the woman, despite her somewhat exotic appearance, did not seem to bear any skills that would assist in either helping the peasant's wife, nor defending against whatever this beast was. From her rich clothing however, she was either an entertainer, or someone of means. If she were the latter she might have horses that could be used. "Mi'lady. I see you have taken an interest in this. Perhaps you could assist us somehow?"

Unread 23rd of August, 2009, 22:58
Greyroar
Ghoul [GM]

The woman smiles slightly and bows her head her black tresses falling over the left side of her face giving her a slightly seductive look, "I am but a simple entertainer but if you have need of a musician on your quest I can be of service. Unfortunately I haven't a horse as I was seperated from my troupe on the road by a band of goblins and my horse was slain when it took a spear to the head."
Unread 24th of August, 2009, 08:16
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

"Oh- that must have been terrible mi'lady! I too suffered a similar attack. Thank goodness you are well... er, I must warn you, it may be dangerous, but if you wish to come your uh..." Mende's eyes wander down fro her face momentarily "Contributions, would be most welcome!" He smiles nervously as his gaze snaps back to eye level, a hoeful expression on his face.

Unread 24th of August, 2009, 20:19
Scythe
Bodak

The young wizards grins: "My name? Lyonel Xin Jian, at your service". Accompanied with a slight bow, he smiles gracefully towards the lady. They say a name hides the true essence of one's soul; decided by birth, his name was also attached to his destiny. "If accompanying me is the only solution for lending me your horse, then so be it; however, I never break my word, my promise."

Last edited by Scythe; 24th of August, 2009 at 20:22.
Unread 25th of August, 2009, 20:49
Greyroar
Ghoul [GM]

The gypsy woman continues to smile and laughs even,"well, with such a powerful and persuasive man like you there to protect me, I don't think much harm should come my way. However, my accompanyment only worsens the trouble you seem to be having as I haven't a horse and you are in need of one, two if I were to go with you." She moves a little closer so she can whisper. "Though, I did see the three in the back come in on some mounts and a wagon they have stashed just outside of town."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lady smiles kindly at Lionel, "No sir, I have no wish to put myselef into outright danger. You may borrow my steed so that you may speedily obtain my specimen, and help that poor man over there. If at all possible I should like the specimen alive so I may experiment on it fully." She moves to hand the reigns over.
Unread 27th of August, 2009, 09:10
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

The woman's statement leaves Mende flustered and blushing. "Ah, well of course... I wouldn't let any harm come to you... hm, that could be just what we need. They also look to have some skill."

The cleric moves over towards the three and called out "Hail. You three have the look of warriors about you. We could use your assistance if you are so inclined."

Unread 28th of August, 2009, 10:08
Greyroar
Ghoul [GM]

One of the three men scoffs at you, "Come on guys we got drinkin' to do thas more excitin' than watchin commoners look fer a horse." He then turns around and reenters the bar, his two associates follow suit.
Unread 28th of August, 2009, 12:10
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

"Er..." Mende watches them go disappointingly. He looks back at the woman. "Oh dear. That didn't go very well... Still, a woman's life is at stake. Come on! We've got to convince them." He grabs her hand and runs after the three men into the bar. "You there! Please we've got to get your help! Didn't you hear what's going on?!" He points to the door. "That man's wife was attacked by a monster of some sort. We need to get there quickly. Now miss... um... miss..." He points to the gypsyish woman, "She told me you have a wagon. All I ask is that you let us borrow it so we can get there on time. Please."

Unread 4th of September, 2009, 06:28
Greyroar
Ghoul [GM]

The three men burst into laughter, the apparent leader speaks first, "A monster? Realy? Boy maybe you should run back to your momma there haven't been monsters in these parts for decades. As for a wagon your trollop lied, even if we had one we wouldn't lend it to the two of you." the men then resume their laughter and seat them selves at a table and order another round.
Unread 4th of September, 2009, 08:52
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Mende frowns at the men for a moment then slowly nods. "I see. My apologies, it seems we were mistaken about you. Well then, farewell, and may fate be merciful to you." He bows his head to them, and turns to leave.

Unread 4th of September, 2009, 10:31
Shmitty85
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #7530
"Well now that ye have a horse Lyonel, I shall grab mine and let us be off. 'less ye have any further business to attend to."
Unread 13th of September, 2009, 01:58
Scythe
Bodak

Lyonel smiles: "Of course, let's gather everyone and get moving!", he says enthusiastically as he saddles up the horse.

And before leaving completely, he turns around and gives a quick look at the lady in green: "Thank you again; and I dare say, I haven't even properly asked for your name..."

Last edited by Scythe; 13th of September, 2009 at 02:00.
Unread 13th of September, 2009, 10:38
Greyroar
Ghoul [GM]

"Xifeng, and mind you keep your end of the bargain." she then proceeds to enter the tavern.
Unread 21st of September, 2009, 07:03
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Mende turns to the woman, whom he still has not really exchanged introductions with. "It seems we misjudged them, they are not but armed drunkards. I am sorry for the way they treated you, but it merely served to proove their lack of worth... Miss uh... Er, it seems in my hurry I have made a severe beech of etequete. Please forgive me. My name is Mende. I am a priest of Pelor, well, a rather new one." He bows politely.