Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Captain Gavis's Games > Seekers of the Lost Age

Reply
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 21st of September, 2010, 20:51
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.38 per day)
The Satrap looked very interested "And did you by chance look in this tome? was there writing of any sort? a key to its properties? what exactly did you do with it at the battle?" slowly the flow of the Satrap's questions seem less directed toward Calsin and assume a more introverted nature "Perhaps a spell?..."

-----------------------------
Saraban Jalisa laughs "A safeguard from the Elemental Dragons? Odd place to put it... Are you so certain it was the book that gave you the power?" She eyed Tobar lustily. "Or was it something dormant in you all along?"

Last edited by Captain Gavis; 24th of September, 2010 at 20:41. Reason: just noticed the wrong name
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Unread 22nd of September, 2010, 06:28
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.14 per day)
Conflicted, Zhung remains staunchly where he is, and will continue to do so, straining to hear anything of significance, until he is given a reason to move, or there is silence in the room for a full count to fifty. If he hears someone approach his position, he will leave,. If there is a full fifty count, he will sneak in and try to ascertain Calsin's status. Finally, should there be screams of pain or for help, he will enter and face whatver he finds the honest way - with a sledge.
__________________
LuneMoonShadow: (I'm sick)
Boomlaor: Didn't I tell you to be more careful in Singapore?
LuneMoonShadow: Failed my will save... Then my fort save.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Unread 22nd of September, 2010, 08:32
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Reflexively Tobar stands just a little taller, with a little more of his chest out, and a bit more of a smile as he says,

"Well, my swords didn't have much more effect against the Barbarians than the city troops, but I somehow knew where to be and how to distract them and the monster. The others, whom I guess were also guests of the Inn, did what they did to the monster to make it flee. I saw nothing special there either, just a few lucky hits from experienced mercenaries. The Dragon's work in mysterious ways, so perhaps it would be best if you consulted that Monk on such mysteries? Now, there are other mysterious of which I could enlighten you should you so desire."
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Unread 23rd of September, 2010, 14:56
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
Calsin waits silently for the Satrap to turn his attention fully back to him. He's sure that he's not off the hook, but no answer he can give now would help. Best to leave the man in his own thoughts for as long as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Unread 24th of September, 2010, 20:51
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.38 per day)
Jalisa lays a hand on Tobar's shoulder, "Well then warrior, shall we walk in the garden? You could tell me all your secrets and maybe I'll share some of mine." With a mischievous wink she almost literally bounces out the door and down the halls. Toabr heard her call back "Come find me."
----------------------------------------
Zhung, after waiting his fifty count and finding the door in front of him unlocked, is able to slowly edge the door open inward making not a sound as to try to remain undetected. Inside the room he saw the two men from earlier the dwarf off to the side with a set of cruel looking instruments and the well dressed man seems to be interviewing a prisoner chained in the center of the earthen room. Zhung realized that the prisoner was in fact Calsin!
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Unread 1st of October, 2010, 02:25
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.14 per day)
Zhung feels mildly horrified, though not surprised, to see the torture implements. He's torn between the desire to rush into the room and get his friend out, and the desire not to blow things out of proportion. Noting that the torture implements are not, as yet, covered in blood, he glances around for cover to hide behind and makes for it as silently as possible. If there is no cover near to hand, he closes the door most of the way and watches through a tiny slit, still ready to charge to the rescue if one of those nasty little tools are put to use.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Unread 1st of October, 2010, 06:22
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Oh, OK. I will count to 10......"

Tobar smiles and starts counting to 10, once she disappears around a corner. Then he walks at a normal pace after her, to the gardens where he does his best to find her. However, he makes sure that he moves at a normal pace and acts like he has every reason to be doing exactly what he is doing.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Unread 7th of October, 2010, 10:19
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.38 per day)
Calsin watched, inwardly horrified, as Zhung crept back out the boor into the tunnel. Turning his attention back to the satrap he realized he was being addressed again, "Was the book the only item in the chest? Can you describe it in detail? Were there any particular markings on it? Did you by chance observe the effects on the warriors in person?"
----------------------------------------

Tobar and Jalisa engaged in a game like a cross between tag and hide-and-seek. During the fun she continued to inquire into his past, where had he come from? What was his childhood like? Among other less significant questions, his favorite foods, colors, astral sign, etc. To Tobar it seemed like the woman was attempting to flirt with him.

Note: If Tobar chooses to ask anything back Jalisa will answer casual questions but nothing too deep.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Unread 11th of October, 2010, 03:28
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
More lies were necessary. Calsin heaved a mental sigh.

"Yes, my lord, the book was the only thing in the chest. I'm not very good at describing the physical attributes of an object, my lord, but I can say that it was of about average size, and apparently extremely old. Surprisingly, it was not too dusty, probably because the chest was magically sealed. I don't recall any markings specifically, but it was engraved as any old tome would be expected to be.

"As for the effects on the warriors, sadly I couldn't quite see their feats in detail from where I was. Nothing seemed to tie the book to the warriors specifically, save that as soon as I reached my vantage point, these three heroes seemed to attain superhuman abilities."
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Unread 12th of October, 2010, 02:07
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
If course, Tobar has played this game before, just not with an attractive young Dragonblood before. He plays along with the game, giving out little bits of information here and there. The stories of his childhood are colorful and adventurous and he describes different places and sites. He tries to keep personal information, like his date of birth and the stars above him to a limit however.

Meanwhile Tobar's questions hover a little deeper than just flirtatious and are somewhat designed to discover if this young lady might make a good life partner.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Unread 14th of October, 2010, 07:59
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.38 per day)
During the game/courting ritual Tobar was surprised to find that Jalisa is far from content with her life in the Satrap's household and longs for a life of adventure, the only thing hindering her being the lack for a champion to accompany her...Jalisa at this point in the conversation insinuated that Tobar might just be this sort of man, halfway asking him about his interest in filling such a role. She hesitated from making such a bold inquiry mostly due to etiquette but also because of Tobar's guardedness. Finally she got to the heart of the matter, "...Besides, We are all trapped here in this dreary place until the siege is lifted aren't we? At which point you will probably leave and not look back, won't you?"

------------------------------------
"Given the situation you understand that I can not allow you to roam free don't you?" the Satrap inquired of Calsin, "However, given the lack of proof to imprison you, I have no choice to keep you...perhaps a middle ground can be found? Hmmm...I know! You will be confined to quarters here in the palace so I may keep an eye on you...What do you say?" The satrap looked directly into Calsin expecting a response to his rhetorical question.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Unread 14th of October, 2010, 08:59
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Originally Posted by Captain Gavis # At which point you will probably leave and not look back, won't you?"
"Well originally I was coming here to initiate a possible trade deal up and down the river. Honestly, people under siege conditions need a lot of things and the river seemed safe enough. It isn't, but such is life. Should the siege be lifted, then of course we would still want a new trading ally. I often visit our various trade partners to help things go smoothly."

Naturally, he is lying just a bit, since previously to his exaltation he was something of a pain in the ass for his parents who would send him off on long hauls to keep him out of their hair. He looks at her and knows exactly where she is coming from.....a rebel, that doesn't want a cause, just freedom!

"I think, that you are much like myself, it would seem. However, there is still the problem of the siege and the barbarians that are keeping our spirits and prospects for adventure under wraps. What has your father done to rectify this situation?"

Last edited by Thanos; 16th of October, 2010 at 02:28.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Unread 15th of October, 2010, 02:02
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
"You are indeed wise, my lord. I understand fully that you cannot trust me, and thank you for trusting me enough to allow me a degree of freedom."

This has turned out about as well as I could have hoped. I just have to hope now that I shall have some opportunity to discuss things with my newfound allies at some point. And lets hope Zhung does nothing too rash...
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Unread 16th of October, 2010, 07:13
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.38 per day)
"Well then, Let's get these off you." The satrap snapped his fingers and the ugly man withdrew a keyring from inside his robe sleeve. He came toward Calsin and with shaky hands unlocked the chains and let them drop to the floor. "Now shall I show you to your quarters?" the Satrap then began to open the door behind him turning his back to Calsin.
------------------------------
From inside the room Zhung heard the unmistakable sound of chains rattling and the creak of the door handle. Now what would he do? try to flee up the tunnel or confront Calsin's captors?
-----------------------------
Jalisa leads Tobar to a deactivated fountain in the center of the garden and sat upon the side of it. "My father rarely consults me on matters of state, instead he relies on the wisdom of my brother. What I do know is that the Winglord and he barely get along and it is only this siege that unites them "Enemy of my enemy" and all."
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Unread 16th of October, 2010, 08:32
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
Calsin rubbed his wrists after the chains had been removed.

"Gladly, my lord."

Calsin fell into place behind the Satrap.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Unread 16th of October, 2010, 11:05
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Rubbing the scant bits of stubble on his chin Tobar looks a bit off into the distance seeming deep in thought.

"While trade is my area of expertise, I do know something of warfare. Often our caravans have been attacked, although not like the massive armies like our fair city here. Is your brother then wise in the ways of war? Have ambassadors been sent to the barbarians to sue for peace? Being under siege as long as you have, it seems that something more should have been done by now......"
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Unread 17th of October, 2010, 00:57
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.14 per day)
Zhung leans against the door slightly, trying to see whether torture has begun. He activates Earth Dragon form as he does so, preparing to spring if he sees his friend being hurt.
__________________
LuneMoonShadow: (I'm sick)
Boomlaor: Didn't I tell you to be more careful in Singapore?
LuneMoonShadow: Failed my will save... Then my fort save.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Unread 19th of October, 2010, 08:04
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.38 per day)
The Satrap began to open the door, turning his back to Calsin, intending to exit the room but was surprised to find his path blocked by what he first took to be a boulder solidly grounded in his path but was, in fact, Zhung. Crossing his arms in front of him and looking sternly at Zhung, Deris began tapping his foot "And what do we have here? What rock is this that obstructs my path?" Craning his neck to see around the Satrap, Calsin recognized the face of his fellow Solar.
------------------------------------
"Alas, Tobar, the last emissaries we sent to negotiate with the beasts returned as mangled corpses, it seemed that they did not wish to negotiate which has lead all to believe that they solely wish to destroy us. A while ago I went to visit an old sage that used to reside in the city and he told me that they would be relentless in their attack until faced with a bulwark of true law, whatever that means."

Last edited by Captain Gavis; 19th of October, 2010 at 10:41.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Unread 19th of October, 2010, 13:27
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.14 per day)
Still in the form of the earth dragon, Zhung pulled himself into a kneeling position. "My lord, I beg your forgiveness, and for more than obstructing your path. When this man was arrested, I followed to see what was to become of him. When the guards brought him in here, instead of to the palace, I feared treachery. Clearly, as you are here, all is well, and I was wrong to question the honor of your servants." With that, still kneeling, head bowed, Zhung dismisses his form, returning to being his more mortal looking self.

Last edited by Merbak; 19th of October, 2010 at 21:06.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Unread 20th of October, 2010, 06:38
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Well at least then there is hope. Perhaps he meant that copy of the 1000 Correct Actions? That certainly is taken as law amongst soldiers.....as to bulwark, I am not sure. Maybe that meant those willing to resist, like a wall or bulwark against an incoming army. What do you think?"
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Unread 21st of October, 2010, 21:18
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.38 per day)
Deris looked at Zhung with mild contempt and moderate disbelief, "Who is this man to you that you would risk spying upon the Satrap of this city?" He gestured off hand toward Calsin, "Especially so since this man was only recently half-cleared of a charge of treason and espionage."
----------------------------
Jalisa giggled slightly, "Is not that the inherent flaw in prophecy? The meanings of such warnings are only made clear when they happen. If yesterday's battle was any indication it would appear that the bulwark of law has appeared, now we just need to find what exactly it is and we can send those terrible mongrels running with their tails between their legs!"
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Unread 22nd of October, 2010, 02:08
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.14 per day)
"First of all, sir, I would have you know that I did not come here intending to spy upon you, but to determine why this man was not being taken to the palace. Is it not within the perogatives of one blessed by Pasiap to ascertain the honesty of mortals? I did and do, however, apologize for questioning the loyalty of your men, as clearly they were in the right, and were not taking for some suspicious purpose, but to meet with you as they said.

"As for who this man is: while not blessed by the Dragons, this man is kin to my reason for being in this city in the first place. I was planning to come to you personally to ask about her anyways, but assumed it would have to wait until after we had saved this city. Have you any word of the Paragon of Pasiap, Mnemon Harasa? She was last seen defending a village against a demon, east of here."
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Unread 22nd of October, 2010, 02:40
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
It seemes like with every problem solved, a new one arises. I hope Zhung knows what he is doing, bringing his request up now.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Unread 22nd of October, 2010, 05:20
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Smiling down at Jalisa many thoughts go through Tobar's head....but none seem to surface to his lips just yet. He reaches up with his hand to her cheek and gently caresses it while looking into her eyes. He blinks a couple of times seemingly to clear his head and says, "Your fervor and passion seem to entrance me......"
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Unread 26th of October, 2010, 10:56
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.38 per day)
Hearing the name Harasa, Deris began to look truly interested in Zhung, "Who are you that you have such intimate knowledge of the Paragon? You say she has gone missing? I had heard rumors but nothing confirmed solidly, yet, here you stand with more information on the subject than any other I have heard from..." He then looked to Calsin. "This man is her kin? It must be a distant relationship I see little of Pasiap's chosen in his face. Is this man's claim true?" the last question was directed to Calsin exclusively.
----------------------------
Jalisa blushes courtly and looks at the ground shyly, "I apologize for my forwardness, but I am like a free spirit caged in this city, yearning to wander the countryside. If only this siege would let up so I could make good my escape." from off in the distance a bell tolls loud and clear reverberating through the palace. "It appears that a visitor has arrived, but who could it be? My father is taking care of business of the state elsewhere so surely this can not be official business..." She stood, "Would you accompany me to see who comes calling?"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 05:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren