Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Captain Gavis's Games > Seekers of the Lost Age

Unread 10th of April, 2010, 12:29
Merbak
Wraith

Member: #1873
Golden Mountain

Zhung was something of an odd child. He rarely talked to anyone, and performed all tasks he was set to diligently and skillfully. In spite of his discreetness and skill, everyone who heard of it was somewhat surprised when Mnemon Harasa accepted the slave boy as a body servant.

Zhung served his mistress for many years, carrying messages and items for her, observing her teaching of her students. Though it would have been blasphemy for an un-exalted mortal to participate, he still watched and tried to memorize everything he saw. When Mnemon began to make a bid for the scarlet throne, Harasa took her leave of the Empire to wander the Threshold, Zhung in tow.

After a great deal of visiting with other Immaculates, Harasa came upon a wounded and dying monk. From the monk she learned of a demon carving a wide, long swath of death from somewhere off west toward Jades, which was still many hundreds of miles east. "The demon," explained the monk, "Boasted that it could not be slain by any mortal or Immaculate, and had done in enough monks that the claim seemed valid. Not to be routed by a force of evil, I had made contact with a nearby wyld hunt party, and asked for their help with the demon." In his last breaths Zhung and Harasa learned that while the monks had been successful in wounding the demon, this monk was the last survivor.

With a gesture, Harasa opened the earth and formed a cairn for the fallen man, and was off like a shot toward the home of a nearby retired Dragon Blood, whose collection of curios was tolerated solely on the basis of his having obtained them by slaying Anathema. There she obtained several artifacts that were not designed for use by Immaculates, hoping they would give her the edge over the beast, as much as she loathed the idea of wearing them, she could not reconcile herself to the idea of allowing the beast to go any further.

When she left the exalt's home, she was out-fitted like an anathema of old, and shined like the sun. Silver-Golden plate armor covered her body, and enormous golden hammer was slung over her shoulder. Her boots, bracers, helmet and tiara were all likewise glowing, and her standard jade cord held her cloak around her neck. With a nod at Zhung, she was off running to the east. Zhung ran harder than he ever had before trying to keep up, but more and more he fell behind.

After two days of running, he heard the sounds of battle from in front of him. As he closed the distance on the combat, he saw that Harasa was making her stand just outside the walls of a small city. The spawn of darkness seemed to be injured, but just as it seemed that Harasa had defeated it, it lashed out at her, and sent her body flying almost directly toward Zhung. The monster, believing its foe defeated, began to destroy the walls of the city.

Zhung rushed to his master's side, realizing by her stillness that she had been rendered unconscious, perhaps permanently. Zhung looked up, and knew that the city, knowing that he could not defeat it, even in its very injured state. Looking down at his master, he struck on the idea of trying to use some of the anathema weapons his master had been using to slay the beast. As he undid a knot on her cape, his hands turned to rock, moving quickly and with greater strength than he had ever possessed before. Emboldened, he divested her of her armor, and began donning the under layer when he saw a socket with a pulsing magical stone in her shoulder. Hoping for the best, he carefully removed it, and inserted it into his own, and felt a power that he had only heard of before flow into his blood - Essence. Looking up toward the city, he saw guardsmen dying right and left, but continued equipping himself, trying to ensure the best chances for his own survival and success in the battle.

Knowing that he could not possibly don the full set of plate armor, he contented himself with the buff Jacket under-lining. He reached down to grab the Grand Gore Maul, and quickly realized that he would not be able to use that either, as he could barely shift the haft, let alone budge the head. So, equipped with just the armor, cape, and the claws of the Earth Dragon himself, Zhung charged toward the demon. Essence from the socket flowed through his muscles and into the armor, lightening it, and lengthening his stride.

Zhung ran in through the hole the demon left in the wall, and cut through an alley to get ahead of the beast. "Die foul spawn!" he shouted, launching into an attack he had witnessed his master showing her students. The demon and Zhung were equally surprised when the technique actually worked, an unexpected flash of gold leaping from the demon's body as Zhung's claws pierced its hide. "What... What are you d..." Moaned the demon as it vanished in an acrid puff of black smoke with a golden lining. Shocked, Zhung ran from the village without looking back or giving his name, he ran from the city, hoping his master still lived.

When he arrived at the fallen tree and indentation in the earth her landing had caused, he found she had vanished. All of her effects were gone along with her, and there were no visible tracks left other than Zhung's coming and leaving. Perplexed and wondering where she had gone and why, Zhung set off for Jades, the nearest large city, where he hoped to find some answers.

Zhung, Adamant Cliff Storm
Zenith Caste Solar
Anima Banner: A towering golden mountain under a white gold noon-day sun.
Implacable Warrior, Defender of the Weak
6'3", a rock solid 260 lbs, with eyes of flint and slate grey hair.
XP Spent: 4

Attributes
Str 3
Dex 4
Sta 4
Cha 3
Man 1
App 3
Per 3
Int 2
Wits 4

Abilities:
Martial Arts 5 (2fb), 2 specialties in Elemental Dragon Style Martial Arts (1fb)

Integrity 3
Performance 3
Presence 1
Resistance 3
Survival 1

Craft(wood) 1
Investigation 2
Lore 1
Occult 3

Athletics 1
Awareness 2
Dodge 4
Stealth 1

Linguistics 3 (High Realm, Old Realm, Skytongue, Riverspeak)

Backgrounds:
Artifact 3 Jade Sorcery Capturing Cord (1 casting of Earth Dragon's claws knotted)
Artifact 2 (Reinforced Buff Jacket - Orichalcum)
Manse 4 (Gem of Adamant Skin) (3fb)
Artifact 2 Skin Mount Amulet (2fb)

Virtues:
Compassion 1
Temperance 1
Conviction 3
Valor 4 Flaw: Foolhardy Contempt

Willpower 7
Permanent Essence 3 (7 fb)

Peripheral Essence: 45
Personal Essence: 16

Wounds:
-0 []
-1 [][][][]
-2 [][][][][][]
-4 []
Incapacitated/Dying []

(All lethal damage is converted to bashing before soaking, if all wounds are filled, extra still converts back to lethal)
Soak: 11L/16B (+5A/L/B if Earth Dragon Form, +5L/B if Stone Dragon Skin, +2L/4B if Unbreakable Bones of Stone)
Hardness: 6L/6B (+5A/L/B if Earth Dragon Form)

Charms:
1st Martial Arts Excellency
Force of the Mountain (Manual of Exalted Power: the Dragon-Blooded)
Unmoving Mountain Stance (MoEP:tDB)
Stone Dragon's Skin (MoEP:tDB)
Earth Dragon Form (MoEP:tDB)
Ox-Body Techniquex (2x-1, 4x-2)
Terrestrial Circle Sorcery
Unbreakable Bones of Stone
Earth Dragon's Claw

Equipment:
Long cloak with hood
Long knife
Rope (mundane)

Last edited by Merbak; 4th of August, 2010 at 21:07. Reason: Bumping Performance to 3,
Unread 1st of May, 2010, 03:35
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
You should make another post or edit in your 'combat' stats. You should also specify that your Spell Capture Cord uses 1st Edition description if the ST will allow such.

Your a SOAK machine either way. You might also want to trade in an Ox-Body for Invulnerable Skin of Bronze (which lasts a day as well). Also, to max out the character a LITTLE bit, I would dump the armor, the specials in E-MA and get another dot in Valor! That ups your WP by 1 and increases your motes by 3, while giving you 5 dice to regain WP each day instead of 4.

But that is just me min-maxing again!
Unread 1st of May, 2010, 06:06
Sharky
Small Zombie

Member: #8109
Nice read dude, though I dont see how the sorcery part fits in the story.
Hope you dont see that as nagging, just hoping youll roleplay that out later.
Havent seen the dramatic action of exaltation yet so Im assuming we are still in for a treat?
again im new to this

Im still catching up to everything though dont mind me too much.
Had a couple of really busy days, havent been able to catch up as id like to.

Again liked the read
Unread 1st of May, 2010, 11:00
Merbak
Wraith

Member: #1873
To Thanos: As a long-time power gamer, for the past few months I've been trying to make intentionally sub-optimal builds to be accurate for the characters I envision. It's been tough, but fun. (it's always a little more aggravating when I'm a single success from goodness, though, knowing I could have had a couple more dice if I'd have set up just a little more for power)

To Sharky: You need to read what people write, bud. You blow through people's posts, and apologize for being new, but you don't seem to read. We. Are. Not. Exalted. Yet. We are mortal characters who will be exalting soon.
Unread 1st of May, 2010, 15:30
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Ah, no problems then....as you can see, my character is relatively streamlined, but not close to power-gamed....having no artifacts, no manse, and not even an extra point dropped into a background! I am looking for strong role-playing opportunities and the ability to dominate mechanically in them!
Unread 1st of May, 2010, 19:43
Sharky
Small Zombie

Member: #8109
Ohh no I read it all.
Its just a lot to take in, thats why I asked.
Dont see no harm in that?
Unread 28th of May, 2010, 03:54
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

I am spending 4 of Merbaks XP on getting his Performance up to a 3.

Just so everybody knows.