Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Captain Gavis's Games > Seekers of the Lost Age

Unread 6th of May, 2010, 22:35
Merbak
Wraith

Member: #1873
Zhung hesitates in his efforts to rise. Why do I do this? To protect the weak? No, it is what I do, but it's not the reason. For glory? Glory is fine, but she's a fickle mistress.

He answers the earthquake voice with pride, "If I fight and die then it's the same as if I cower and die, except that I die conent, having spit in the eye of my killer. If I fight and win, then I get to continue living, and the fool who tried to slay me can rot in my place. I suppose, then, I fight because I refuse to roll over and die."

With that, Zhung drags himself to his feet again, grips his sledge a bit tighter, and prepares to give the beast another piece of his mind.
Unread 7th of May, 2010, 06:01
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #7805
The earthen voice responded to Zhung with a "laugh" that sounded like a crash of rhinos in stampede. "You have the bravery of the unyielding stone! The tenacity of the unconquered Sun even! The Sun and the Mountain stand together at their zeniths so shall we! Stand firm Golden Mountain and you will not wear away for you stand with both the Sun and the Mountain's Blessing." From the very earth it self Zhung felt power infuse his muscles traveling from foot to arm to head.
Unread 7th of May, 2010, 09:08
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

The tome within the chest is old, very old. The cover is worn leather and bears an insignia of a setting sun. Looking within Calsin notices the aged pages are completely blank. Jalid mean while shifted uncomfortably behind him "We should be going m'lord. Those tremors could not be a good sign we should investigate."
Unread 7th of May, 2010, 09:21
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

Member: #8003
Calsin continues staring at the book for few more seconds, before he finally realizes that Jalid has spoken. He mentally shakes himself, and, placing the book under one arm, walks over to the heavy doors.
"Yes, I suppose I'll have to save my investigation of this tome for another time, though it is indeed a very intriguing find. The pages are all completely blank!"
With one last look of longing at the vast library, Calsin follows Jalid out into the corridor.
Unread 11th of May, 2010, 00:34
Merbak
Wraith

Essence surges into Zhung's body in an explosion of power. With the blessing of Earth and Sun, he launches himself toward the large beast at a run, dragging the sledge along the ground beside him, kicking up a trail of dust. As he reaches the burrower's flank, his feet root instantly to the ground, and the sledge flies forward propelled by its momentum, and that of its weilder, as well as a charge of essence.
Unread 11th of May, 2010, 02:40
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

With their new found powers bolstering their resolve, Zhung and Soaring Leopard sprang at the gigantic beast. Leopard landed squarely on the shoulders of the Burrow Lok and buried the tip of his great blade between the beast's shoulders. Meanwhile Zhung's hammer struck the beast on its knee joint collapsing the leg. Neither strike was overtly damaging but the combination of the two strikes caused the beast to bellow out in pain and frustration.
Unread 11th of May, 2010, 05:00
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
Amazed at his new prowess Tobar moves towards the formation of Beastmen. As he gets closer he realizes how much bigger they are, how savage the seem, and his heart begins to thud. Thank you Brilliant Lord for your gifts that allow me to face such monsters!

Tobar actives Blade of the Battlemaiden with his remaining personal essence and attacks one of the Beastmen with one of his hooked swords.

-----------------------
Speed: 5
Charm: 14m/2w
Motes: 0/40 WP:6
Parry Defense 10
Dodge Defense 5
Unread 11th of May, 2010, 05:24
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Tobar's sword grazes the tall wolf-man's arm opening a deep gash. The wound is deep enough that the wolf-man seems to be having trouble wielding his great-axe.
Unread 12th of May, 2010, 05:36
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Pivoting on its good leg, the Burrow Lok swiped a massive paw at Zhung who quickly moved his blades to deflect the attack.
Unread 12th of May, 2010, 06:11
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

Member: #1110
Leopard quickly brought his daiklave back around in a sweeping upward arc aimed that the creature's muzzle. He felt Grasscutter pulling his arm toward where the damage could be greatest. He grinned as he felt the weapon bite into flesh.
Unread 13th of May, 2010, 21:30
Merbak
Wraith

Settling in for the long haul, Zhung adopts a more firmly rooted position and prepares himself internally to strike the beast again. As his essence flows out and permeates his skin, it begins to turn to a granite like substance, even his hair looking rockier as he prepares to take the next blow from the beast.

PDV:4
DDV:5
(soak/hardness is now 21/11 unless it's agg)
Unread 13th of May, 2010, 22:57
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Panic takes over the Burrow Lok. Reverting to natural instincts of self-preservation the Burrow Lok turns and begins to sprint toward its hole to escape the painful attacks of the warriors.
Unread 14th of May, 2010, 11:18
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
Tobar is amazed at the deep gash he put into the beastman, Well if I can do that, lets see what a rapid series of strikes can do?

Using one hooked sword he makes sure that the beast-man to the left of his target could not get past his defenses while with the other he reaches in twice to slice at other open bits of flesh that the wounded beast-man might be showing. The wretch does attempt to parry, but his already bleeding wounds dull his effectiveness to the point that Tobar can easily reach around or inside its defenses. SLASH!

-------------------
Speed: 5
Charm: None Used
Motes: 0/40 WP:6
Parry Defense 9
Dodge Defense 4

Last edited by Thanos; 14th of May, 2010 at 12:11.
Unread 20th of May, 2010, 21:07
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

With the disappearance of their main offense due to a group of particularly strong warriors the beastmen's morale shatters. During the retreat the forces of Jades' militia are able to strike a mighty blow to the retreating strike force killing nearly 3/4 of the wretches. Victory it seems has been won that day and a great cheer rises among the soldiers for Tobar, Zhung, and Leopard.

Calsin arrived on the scene to see the men he met last night being heralded as the heroes of the day and saviors of Jades.

From of to the side and on top of a large building the Satrap watched with more than ample interest for the strange group of warriors. against impossible odds they had nearly destroyed a titanic beast that would have destroyed the city and repelled the invaders.