Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Captain Gavis's Games > Seekers of the Lost Age

Unread 7th of April, 2010, 21:43
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

Member: #8003
Mnemon Calsin

Calsin finds himself in a blackness utterly complete, a blackness he has experienced but once before. As he steels himself for another troublesome message from the future, he is dazzled by a sudden light. His vision clears, and he drops to his knees, seeing before him a vision of the utmost beauty: Jupiter, the Maiden of Secrets.
Calsin cannot speak, but he needs not, for Jupiter speaks, in a voice like rustling of a hidden brook, "Mnemon Calsin, yours is a great destiny. The Unconquered Sun himself has his eyes on you. You are not fated to wander the lands forever. No, should you seek to unravel the mystery of your future, Jades is your goal. Once there, you shall meet a number of interesting people, who's fate shall become intertwined with your own. You have no choice but to venture forth and discover the Truth."
As she finishes speaking, her image starts to fade. Calsin stands, and tries to run towards her, but he makes no progress, and just as Jupiter disappears completely...

...Calsin wakes. To the starry night sky, the monk remarks, "Well, that's it then. Come Hell or high water, I will arrive in Jades. If Jupiter herself has set me a quest shrouded in mystery, in search of the Truth, there is nothing I can do but fulfill my destiny."

Mnemon Calsin. Non-dragon-blooded dynast missionary, turned Twilight Solar Exalted.

5'7", bald

His anima is a blazing, golden, ornate scroll, with a shining green key “drawn” on it. May use this anima as a protective sheild.

Motivation: Discover why there aren't any Chosen of the Maidens.

Attributes:

Primary- Mental: (4 fb)
Intelligence: 5
Wits:4
Perception:3

Secondary- Social:

Charisma: 4
Manipulation: 2
Apperance: 3

Tertiary- Physical:
Strength: 1
Dexterity: 4
Stamina: 2

Abilities:

Caste abilities:
Craft (air): 1
Lore: 5 (2fb)
Investigate: 3
Medicine: 0
Occult: 3

Favoured abilities:
Martial Arts: 5 (2fb)
Athletics: 1
Linguistics: 3 (Old Realm, High Realm, Riverspeak, Forest-tongue)
Presence: 1
Socialize: 1

Other:
Awareness: 1
Resistance: 3
Performance: 1
Stealth: 1
Archery: 1
Melee: 1
Survival: 1

(Note: being a dynast, he's had an education in many abilities. I added most of these, but ditched sailing. Since it is only really taught until age 10, and he didn't care for it much, he simply forgot sailing.)

Advantages:

Virtues:
Compassion 2
Conviction 2
Temperance 4 (Ascetic Drive flaw)
Valor 1

Background:
Resources 0 (has only what a wandering Immaculate monk might be expected to have)
Backing 1 (Is still officially an Immaculate monk, and receives the benefits of being such, until the Realm learns that he is Anathema)
Inluence 1 (Is a dynast, until the Realm learns he is Anathema)
Artifact 2 - Orihalcum Hearthstone Bracers
Mentor 3 - Jalid Safar, Sidereal that Calsin met (as a village elder), who has taken an interest in Calsin's destiny. Jalid Safar is his name as advisor to the Satrap in Jades.

Willpower: 6

Essence: 3 (7fb)
Personal Essence: 15
Peripheral Essence: 36

Charms:
Durability of Oak Meditation
Iron Skin Concentration
Terrestrial Circle Sorcery
Spirit Detecting Glance
Spirit-Cutting Attack
Striking Cobra Technique
Serpentine Evasion
Snake Form
Essence Fangs and Scales

Spells:
Invulnerable Skin of Bronze

Health Levels:

-0 []
-1 [] []
-2 [] []
-4 []
Incapacitated []

Equipment:
Buff Jacket
Orihalcum Hearthstone Bracers

Last edited by Explosive Cheese; 4th of June, 2010 at 05:26. Reason: Rescaled the anima banner image
Unread 30th of April, 2010, 09:26
Explosive Cheese

Thanos brought to my attention that I only had 9 charms, and after discussing a bit with him, we've decided that I'll take Spirit-Cutting Attack now. And probably Ox-Body as my next charm.
Unread 16th of May, 2010, 14:05
Explosive Cheese

While you all are having fun with the combat scene, I'm gonna be working a bit on Calsin's background over here.

Beliefs: For now he accepts the immaculate philosophy for the most part but he has grown uneasy about them. His wanderings are in part an opportunity for him to learn the philosophies of others. Openly he claims that this is to better understand the true meaning and need of the Immaculate Philosophy. Privately, he is seeking to fuse these other philosophies to his own.
A meeting with a village elder shortly after receiving a vision of himself as a Solar Exalt fighting Dragon-Blooded has left Calsin with a different view of Anathema. He does not view them as demons anymore, and accepts that they are the chosen of the gods. This has led him to be intensely curious over the missing Chosen of the Maidens.

Name: Since he's a First Coil monk, he should have a different name, right? Something diminutive, that has to do with his personality? I was thinking kitten, as in "Curiosity killed the cat". Or something. Since we've already referred to him as Calsin throughout the posts here though, maybe we should just leave it.

Background: Got a nice bio in my head, I'll post it soon, after I've read some more on the Immaculate Order.