Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

Unread 10th of November, 2005, 19:20
jedric
Ghoul

Member: #1102
OOC I assume Tauro has identified the War Room/Tent?

Tauro gives himself a mental shake.

I must not allow myself to become complacent. More direct means now, confront this commander, let us see how he reacts.

Tauro in bat-form takes to the air and flits quickly out from the tent and flies toward the War Room. Above the camp he flies in the dark, outside of the light of campfires and torches until he nears his destination.

He enters carefully and looks around to ensure he is aware of all those present. If the commander is not alone Tauro will wait. If the commander is alone Tauro reverts to his true form and stands before the commander staff in hand.
Unread 11th of November, 2005, 14:41
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #1476
You note that the commander seems rather busy and is never along in the war room. Even after most of the orders have been given and soldiers dispatched, still a few relatively high ranking individuals remain, discussing further strategies with no signs of wanting to rest for the night.

Light, is the lack of darkness.
Unread 11th of November, 2005, 20:18
jedric
Ghoul

Slightly exasperated Tauro watches and waits.

Why can they not leave, why is the commander never left alone?

Finally unable to wait longer Tauro decides to chance it. Waiting until there are as few people present as possible he flits to a position in a darkened corner away from the entrance [if there is one?].

He quickly transforms into his true form, his cloak wrapped about him. He stands with head lowered, but with eyes surveying the tent. His staff rests on his right shoulder, his wild eyes and hair making appear almost alien.

"This will not do. You may not harm us in this way!" he declares.
Unread 14th of November, 2005, 13:19
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

You catch a good chance when the commander dispatches two commanders to move the surrounding camps, as well as issuing out several messengers to request for current position reports. Within the tent, only the commander and a soldier, as well as an adventurer looking Human female is present. You step into a shadowy corner away from the entrence and change into your true form while making your statement.

Everyone is surprised, and as the commander take a deep breath, persumably to call for security personels, the female eyes him and stops his attempt. The command clears his throat and asks in a normal voice, "Greetings, visitor of the night. I am not sure I understand you... I don't believe I am harming you..." He looks around blankly then then back to you, "all of you, whoever you are, in anyway.'

Unread 14th of November, 2005, 18:22
jedric
Ghoul

Tauro watches the three people, taking in their reactions and the content of the commanders speech.

"You are harming Us" Tauro gestures around as he says Us, indicating everyone nearby and perhaps beyond.

Another blinkered fool. The world to him is iron and stone. Does he not see the harm he will do, to himself, to all living things

He frowns as he continues to speak as if having difficulty remembering.
"... by searching for the source of power. You and all your pretty little army are but leaves on the wind to the power you will unleash upon the world, if you would avert disaster you will stop, desist, leave now!"
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 06:40
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"There must be some misunderstanding here." The commander relaxes somewhat and shrugs, "First of all, you are absolutely right, searching for source of power does no one any good. We are here precisely for that reason, to stop foolish individuals who think otherwise." He pauses briefly, and continues, "I am Clenet, of the Purple Dragon Knights here to assist the Alliance in fending off the Zhentarim armies."

Unread 15th of November, 2005, 18:19
jedric
Ghoul

Tauro frowns in confusion then steps forward into the lantern light.

"I am Tauro Dan-Uial, servant of the Oak Lord... You would stop the uncovering of this power? You Clenet, and your army. Do you undertsand what power will be brought to bear upon you here?"
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 02:56
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

The man bows politely, "Sir Clenet Azurewind, at your service." He seems more at ease now than before. "You are correct; we are stopping those who believe they can control this power. While the power is great, it will only lead to the downfall of Faerun."

Unread 17th of November, 2005, 05:31
jedric
Ghoul

Tauro smiles as he shakes his head.

"How strange, I had not expected this... Well then Clenet Azurewind it seems that our goals may coincide." he remarks dubiously.

With a sigh and a rueful smile he bows.

"If you will it, an ally I shall be in this endeavor, I shall wield the might of the Old Oak for so long His will and your goals are not in conflict. What say you?"
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 15:29
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Of course, it is always good to have an ally rather than a foe." Clenet smiles, "It's also refreshing to hear someone claiming that the powers should not be uncovered at this time and this place."

Unread 17th of November, 2005, 20:51
jedric
Ghoul

Tauro smiles and shakes his head in amusement.

"The desires of the rulers of men are of no consequence to me, no more important than the specific desires of say the matriarch of an ants nest... But the great balance of nature must be maintained, to protect this I will aid you, that you may in turn aid me."

Tauro glances at the others in the room.

"Please, lord Clenet, introduce me." he requests with a short bow to the two others.

Turning back he comments, "Then I would have you tell me of your order, the Purple Dragon Knights was it, I have heard something of you, but in truth it is very little, also I would hear of this Alliance and the Zhentarim for I must know who I aid and who I oppose."

Come Clenet let us see how much you are willing to say, what you share and more importantly what you leave out.
Unread 20th of November, 2005, 14:35
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"This is Miekel, an associate of mine in the army." Clenet gestures to the soldier, then to the woman, "This is Raven, an adventurer who has decided to aid us in the time of need; much like yourself, I persume. As for the Alliance or Zhentarim, also known as the Black Network, the details could take some time. Suffice to say we stand for the well-being of all Faerunians, while the Zhentarim is one of the major evil organization that plagues the land. If you are interested in more details, perhaps you'd best talk to a scholar; I fear that I have no time at this moment to explain the history of them to you right now."

Unread 21st of November, 2005, 02:01
jedric
Ghoul

Tauro smiles at Clenet, then turns to each of the others present and performs a perfunctory bow, "Miekel... Raven." he intones by way of introduction.

Turning back to Clenet he shakes his head and comments, "No, I will not need to consult with a scholar thank you, the information you have given will suffice, I am interested to see that you do not resort to rhetoric and innuendo when you describe your enemies."

Conscious choice or natural honour I wonder?

" If I might stay to observe for some time perhaps then we can agree upon how we may best aid one another?"

This is the test Clenet, how confident are you, how trusting, if you allow this on my word alone we are lost
Unread 21st of November, 2005, 14:25
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Certainly; I only ask that you do not hinder our troops, and you may observe as you wish. Some of their values may be different from yours, in particular, how this forest battle field may be harmed by... friendly fire." Clenet ponders his choice of words. "Regardless, a wise man like yourself can surely understand that this is for the greater good. Likewise, I am sure you can understand if I do not... disclose tactical commands to you, for obvious reasons."

Unread 21st of November, 2005, 21:40
jedric
Ghoul

Tauro inclines his head.

"I understand that many may seek to gain knowledge, few know how to use it."

Tauro pauses and smiles.

"If I might stay for a while and accompany any... expeditions... you feel might be suitable I will then perhaps gain a greater insight into your mission and how it may coincide with my own aims. Since we seem to be of like minds regarding the hidden power of this place, I am at your disposal, for now at least."

Let us see what he wants from me, whether he truly is what he claims
Unread 22nd of November, 2005, 08:45
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Sure thing. I understand you people do not enjoy artificial dwellings, so I guess there is no need to arrange for a tent for you? In any event, we have recently completed one of our operation, and until we receive further instructions, we'll be on the defensive."

Unread 22nd of November, 2005, 19:51
jedric
Ghoul

Tauro nods and smiles briefly.

"Very well I shall find a place to rest, somewhere nearby. Perhaps you would inform your men that I am friendly that I may re-enter the camp in a more mundane manner."

Assuming Clenet agrees Tauro will leave the camp, and find a place to rest.
Usual procedure Psuedo-Treant guardian and all.

He will replenish spells in the morning. Same list.
Unread 23rd of November, 2005, 06:16
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Thirdday, Firstweek Mirtul, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

Clenet agreed to your proposal and has since dispatched messngers to inform the guards near the camp entrences. You spend the night in the nearby forest, and renew your spells come morning.

Unread 24th of November, 2005, 03:34
jedric
Ghoul

Tauro spends the next day or so becoming familiar with the layout of the ruins and the disposition of the two armies.

If needed he'll be available. He'll tell Clenet to signal by having a double horn blast blown.
Unread 29th of November, 2005, 00:12
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

You proceed to observe and travel the surrounding areas on the western side of Myth Drannor. The layout, while ancient, are not complex; you notice several earth-bound entrances which you can tell from your experience lead to the Underdark, and the Alliance soldier informs you of the occational Drow attack from them. The day is peaceful, and you do not hear any warning signals from Clenet.

Unread 29th of November, 2005, 08:43
jedric
Ghoul

Toward evening Tauro reenters the encampment and heads toward Clenet's tent.

Assuming he is allowed free access he goes to speak with the commander.
Unread 29th of November, 2005, 14:21
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

After some inquiries, you are able to see the commander once again; he doesn't seem to sleep much, and is in a constant state of planning and preparation for battle plans.

"Ah, Tauro, how can I help you?"

Unread 2nd of December, 2005, 19:01
jedric
Ghoul

Tauro nods in greeting. His assessment of this man is not complete and so he offers no bow.

"Commander, what of the caverns, they seem to allow egress to creatures of the Underdark. I would assume that they represent a point of weakness, have you plans to render them inaccessible, or at least guard them? Also might I ask, is there progress in locating that which we seek to protect?"
Unread 3rd of December, 2005, 03:23
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"The tunnels to Underdark? Yes, indeed they are a concern; but unfortunately we lack sufficient manpower to guard them. Not to mention that one, we do not currently have complete control of Myth Drannor, and two, if anything, we want to guard and prevent entries down, as that's persumably the direction to Mythal. I am afraid we have little alternatives at this point."

Unread 5th of December, 2005, 02:07
jedric
Ghoul

Madness! How can we prevent access if the way is unguarded, unsecured? Must we locate the Mythal and then secure it elsewhere? By the spirit of the Oak may I choose correctly now!

"Commander. I see your problems and believe me I accept that you mean well, but if we cannot prevent others gaining the Mythal why are we here?"

Tauro speaks in a neutral tone watching Clenet for signs of anger, annoyance or indeed weakness.

Last edited by jedric; 6th of December, 2005 at 20:44.