Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 22nd of October, 2005, 10:21
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Tauro's Chapter

Tenthday, Thirdweek Tarsakh, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting. Traveling through the war zone was uneasy, but you are able the evade most of the forces on either side. Finally arriving at Essembia, the town looks to be operating fairly normally, but armed guards and soldiers still move around at alarming frequency. You ponder your move after entering a tavern to relax your legs.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #2  
Unread 23rd of October, 2005, 00:07
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
Immediately prior to entering the town Tauro had adjusted his appearance to that of a non-descript human male of perhaps 50 years, dressed in clothing typical for a pedlar, he had a pack slung across his back, and a long walking stave in his right hand.

Passing virtually ignored through the streets he had headed straight for the tavern. As he entered, hed almost instinctively chosen the seat furthest from the door or any other patrons, reaching into a small belt pouch hed taken out a couple of silver pieces (part of a small hoard of coin he maintained for such occasions) and waiting until he got the attention of a young female serving maid had ordered a pitcher of water and some simple food. The girl had looked strangely at him, perhaps she was unused to men who did not drink ale, but apparently shed been sufficiently reassured by his blandly bearded mien and had set off to get his order.

Now perhaps fifteen minutes later he sits quietly contemplating his next move, hed walked through the Dalelands for the last ten days, his journey of pilgrimage to the Great Oak a pressing need upon him, the dream needed to be answered to be explained.

After around an hour Tauro stands to leave, he quickly gathers his belongings, nods and smiles to the tavern keeper and strides out into the street.

How he hates the vile stench of cities such as this, their decadent deviation of the natural order. Quickly he rejects his original plan of spending a night here, despite the lateness in the day he sets of briskly for the North gate, to leave this pile of offal they call a city. The streets full of humanity, blind most of them to the true nature of existence.

__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"

Last edited by jedric; 9th of November, 2005 at 23:02.
  #3  
Unread 24th of October, 2005, 18:46
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
As soon as Tauro is out of sight of the city he resumes his natural form, he is a somewhat incongruous sight, tall, slim, gracefully athletic, but possessed of a wild-eyed visage and long dark unruly hair, which seems to create a mane about his head and face, his clothing is unkempt, ragged even. He carries an elaborately carved staff in his right hand, and has a curved blade at his hip, a haversack is slung across his back. Otherwise he seems somewhat unprepared for travel in the wild.

The day lengthens into evening; Tauro walks on through the forest warily, searching for signs of man, or of any unnatural danger. As the darkness descends he finds a small clearing and sets about making camp, a small fire is soon blazing. [Full equipment list to follow]

Planting his staff into the forest floor he concentrates for some seconds then steps back as the staff transforms into a tree-like figure. [Changestaff, Lvl7]
With a few well-chosen words Tauro instructs the Treant to guard this place.

Tauro settles into his bedroll for the night and sleeps peacefully. Assuming he is undisturbed during the night, he retrieves his staff in the morning and spends a short time replenishing his spells. [List to follow]

Once completed he heads off for the Oak, his sacred place.
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"

Last edited by jedric; 9th of November, 2005 at 23:08.
  #4  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 10:22
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Your travel is undistrubed, as is your rest during the night. The forest sooths you much better than the city at night, and you rest soundly as one with nature. Occationally, the spirit of the land whispers into your sleep about ancient magic that disrupts the land, however their whispers are rather incoherent and rarely understood.

Greengrass, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

You awake and travel towards your destination, the Oak. After it was a surprisingly long walk, and you reach it at late morning, approximately an hour before noon.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #5  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 19:39
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
Tauro smiles as he nears the oak and the grove about it. He walks forward and runs his hands across the seemed bark of the great tree for some minutes.

Removing his pack he sets his staff down along side the tree. He sits with his back to the tree and attempts to commence communion, he is unsure if this will ultimately be the means to answer his questions but it has been so long that he simply yearns to feel the world around him from this centre of his belief, the heart of his world.

Tauro slows his breathing and concentrates, very slowly he extends his senses out into the surrounding countryside. [Commune with Nature, Lvl5]
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"
  #6  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 01:43
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You feel your sense drift further and further away, yet still focused on yourself; as though a bird ascend into the sky while looking down. The land murmurs and whispers to you, and for the most part it tells of the war and its crime against nature. In addition, you feel major distrubence to the northwest, the direction of the ancient ruin Myth Drannor.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.

Last edited by Darken; 26th of October, 2005 at 09:49.
  #7  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 03:38
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
CURRENT SPELL LIST
Spells in RED are already cast

Level-0
Create Water
Cure Minor Wounds
Detect Magic
Know Direction
Light
Read Magic

Level-1
Cure Light Wounds * 2
Entangle
Faerie Fire
Good Berry
Invis. To Animals
Obscuring Mist

Level-2
Charm Person or Animal
Fire Trap
Flame Blade
Resist Elements
Speak with Animals
Summon Swarm

Level-3
Call Lightning
Cure Moderate Wounds
Neutralise Poison
Protection from Elements
Speak with Plants

Level-4
Cure Serious Wounds
Dispel Magic
Flame Strike
Control Plants
Sleet Storm

Level-5
Animal Growth
Commune with Nature
Control Winds
Cure Critical Wounds
Tree Stride

Level-6
Fire Seeds
Greater Dispelling
Iron Wood

Level-7
Changestaff
Sunbeam

Level-8
Reverse Gravity
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"

Last edited by jedric; 26th of October, 2005 at 17:39.
  #8  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 03:47
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
Tauro sits enrapt for an hour or so, enjoying the feeling of oneness. Awakening to himself he sighs and stretches before standing.

To Myth Drannor then, he isn't sure this is a true sign but it bears investigation. Taking his haversack and staff he sets off at best speed North Easterly.

Each time he is forced to spend the night out doors he will make camp and cast Changestaff to create a guardian while he sleeps. Then replenish his spells on the following day. If he begins to run short of food & water, he while create some, but only as much as he needs.
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"
  #9  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 09:52
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Secondday, Firstweek Mirtul, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

You travel for two days and are forced to halt your advance. Armies of the Alliance and Zhentarim have surrounded the Myth Drannor area; it would be rather difficult to travel through noticed, as either side can be picky with explainations at this point.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #10  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 16:30
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
Tauro watches the twin armies with perhaps a hint of sadness. So much effort so much life lost so many people who could otherwise have added to the well-being of the world.

To him their actions are no more profound than any territorial animal staking its claim. Natural yes, world shaking no.

Soldiers patrol, secure in their training, their formation and their skill. Tauro smiles crookedly and after a moments concentration he transforms into the form of an eagle and continues his journey. [Wild Shape - Small or Medium?]
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"
  #11  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 01:31
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You continue your travel after changing into the shape of a small eagle. Taking the air, you are able to somewhat see the deployment of both armies, but most of them are concealed by magical means. After about half a day, you can now see the ancient ruin of Myth Drannor.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #12  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 04:50
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
Tauro spends an hour or so reconnoitering the ruins looking for any signs of activity.

His aim is to find somewhere within the ruins that he can land unmolested and assume a more suitable form in order to investigate further.
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"
  #13  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 09:35
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
While the ruins are occupied by both forces at different locations, there are still plenty of spaces in between that neither side is about to claim for long. With the crumbled ruins and walls, you can easily find several places to land unnoticed.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #14  
Unread 30th of October, 2005, 19:17
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
Tauro spots a convenient place well away from humans. A ruined house, only one wall still stands fully upright.

Swift Tauro descends and lands atop the remains of an inner wall, then hops down to the rubble strewn ground. Moments later a jackal stands in the eagles place. It sniffs the air, nose raised, then slinks off using the rubble and any alleyways for cover.

[Tauro is looking for anything unusual, if he comes across people he will hide and try to listen in if they are talking, otherwise he'll wait until they pass and the continue looking around; for now]
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"
  #15  
Unread 31st of October, 2005, 13:33
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Occationally you notice some small groups of soldiers, persumably scouts, from either side of the army. None of them pay any special attention to you, and you think you are faily lucky no spellcaster are encountered that may detect magical auras. Walking about in the ancient ruins, you find fairly little things of interest... in fact, the complete lack of them. What can be seen with the naked eye must have been searched throughly over the years by now.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #16  
Unread 1st of November, 2005, 01:41
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
Patiently Tauro finds a quiet out of the way place to rest up until nightfall. He then begins his exploration once more this time heading for the nearest encampment.

He retains his Jackal form during this time, and attempts to slip through unnoticed, if he is seen he will flee into the night. Otherwise he will head for the central / command section, slowly, staying low, taking advantage of his size and available cover.

OOC: Not sure which encampment is nearest, but the nearest one will do
Query: Do magic item qualities carry over into Animal forms i.e. Elven Cloak/boots?
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"

Last edited by jedric; 1st of November, 2005 at 07:06.
  #17  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 00:37
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The nearer camp seems to be the camp of the Alliance, with the flag of Purple Dragon Knights of the Cromyr army. Until you are fairly close, they pay no particular attention to you; however, when you attempt to enter the camp, the guards try to chase you away.

(OOC: As per Wildshape, which references Polymorph, items that your new form cannot wear will meld into it and becomes non-functional. Most Humanoid equipments will not function under Animal form.)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #18  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 02:06
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
Tauro mimics a sense of shock as the guards rush forward. He emits a startled yip, then bolts away, but deliberately comes almost within reach of another guard.

If the guard blocks his way and he feels that he will not gain access this way he will flee. Alternatively if the second guard attempts to rush him, Tauro again mimics shock and panic, leaping [read: DODGING] away in the direction of the camp.

If this leaves him a clear run he will bolt into the camp. As he passes any form of large obstacle he will immediately cut off in another direction. Then he will hide for long enough to transform back into his true form before assuming the form of a soldier, or directly from Jackal to soldier if that's possibly.


[Assuming he's seen some soldiers within the camp, and has noted the style/color etc of their dress he should be able to create a reasonable uniform etc. If he has any knowledge of rank insignia etc he'll choose to be an NCO. The form he assumes will be of average height, medium build, medium hair color and complexion. In short a cipher]
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"
  #19  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 14:26
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You are quickly chased away by the soldiers, although you are able to get a good look of their uniforms during the process. You conceal yourself nearby and assume the form of Human once more, only this time changing your appearance to that of a typical Cormyrian soldier.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #20  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 21:34
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
Tauro moves some distance away, staying in cover. He sits and thinks carefully for some minutes.

Do I need to enter here? Will they know where the source of the disruption is? What it is? Will they part with the information? I must try one more time, if they have any information and I can get even part of it I will at least know more than I do now. May the Oak Lord protect me.

Tauro stands and begins working on an enchantment. Suddenly he thinks better of it and cancels the spell. [I assume its wasted: Obscuring Mist - LVL1]

Quickly he abandons the human soldier form in favour of that of a small bat. He quickly flits toward the camp, low to the ground. In the darkness Tauro is barely visible. Tauro moves toward the camp's perimeter, he is aiming for a point between guard positions.

If he succeeds in entering the camp he will find a suitable out of the way place to transform into his true shape and from there into the inconspicuous soldier form, he will then walk toward the camp's centre, mingling with the real soldiers for an hour or so before beginning his search.

He knows that if this attempt fails he must look elsewhere. i.e. he'll fly away and then decide what to do.
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"

Last edited by jedric; 10th of November, 2005 at 19:28. Reason: Crappy choice of action
  #21  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 14:26
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
(OOC: You simply decide not to cast the spell, it's still prepared. Your character would have known better with its great Wisdom)

Shapechanging into a tiny bat, you easily gain entrance to the camp without any further incidents. After securing a location to safely transform back into the soldier guise, you casually move about the camp, and there seems to be little questioning of you. You notice that a large number of tents are empty, indicating the soldiers must be out on some kind of mission currently.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #22  
Unread 4th of November, 2005, 00:43
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
With a mixture of relief and confusion at the absence of so many from the camp during the hours of darkness, Tauro moves slowly around the camp, periodically changing his persona slightly; different height, weight, rank etc. So that he will be even less conspicuous.

He responds in a casual slightly bored manner to any comments that come his way and will beg off, stating that he is under orders if pressed.

When he is sure he has the lay of the encampment committed to memory he looks for the command tent. When he finds it he transforms into his bat form once more and heads toward the entrance, if he can fly high and come down to the top of the entrance from direction of the tent's roof so much the better.

Once he is inside he will hide in a corner, watch and listen.

[That's number 4 use of Wildshape, 1 left today!]
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"

Last edited by jedric; 10th of November, 2005 at 19:30.
  #23  
Unread 7th of November, 2005, 14:30
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The commander or higher ranking officials appear to be absent at this point. From the conversations of the remaining soldiers inside, you hear them talk about special deployments to cut off the Zhent's supply forces, and varies tactical movement of the camps to advance eastwards.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #24  
Unread 8th of November, 2005, 18:59
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
Tauro reasons that the commander should return soon.

If so he decides that remaining hidden will allow him time to wait and watch. If not then Tauro will have a perfect opportunity to rest and recuperate. If he becomes tired he will sleep.
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"

Last edited by jedric; 9th of November, 2005 at 23:13.
  #25  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 15:03
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You rest and wait for the commander's return. After several hours, right before you decide you would retire for the night, you hear some speech between the soldiers. It would appear that the commander has returned to the war room, and is currently assigning extra guard duties as well as defensive deployments of nearby sites urgently.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren