Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 13:28
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The Lost Souls' Chapter

-Date Currently Unknown-
-Location Unknow-

You awake on a large, open, and nearly endless grassfield. Other than some kind of hill or mountain to the far northeast, you see nothing around you. Shielding your eyes from the bright sunlight and fighting your splitting headache, you struggle to at least sit up before you are about to refocus your mind on the current situation. Taking a deep breath, you groan as even breathing hurts your aching muscles. You hear a similiar groan not far from you and see a familiar face; it certainly makes things better knowing you are not in this alone.

Kit, Gordon, our futures depend on you.

The Gods have vested their powers on you, you are the chosen ones.

Seal the gate of evil!

Your physical pain slowly fades, as you begin to recall seemingly random pieces of conversation. You were sent here together, on some kind of mission...
  #2  
Unread 22nd of October, 2005, 06:19
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"What the hell is going on?" Gordon grimaces, as the last of the aches vanish. Forcing himself to get up before the pain is entirely gone Gordon looks around.

"Kit, any idea what's happening?"
  #3  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 07:43
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Rubbing both of his eyes with his palms, Kit rolls his head from side to side on the ground. "Damned if I knew, Gordon. Damned if I..."

Suddenly sitting bolt-upright, he calls out, "Moyra! Has anyone seen Moyra?"
__________________
In the beginning, the world was at its end...
  #4  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 09:59
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Moyra is nowhere to be seen; fortunately, Kit spot near you on the grass field, tracks of wolf's step towards the east. Looking over the east prompts another quick averting of your eyes from the searing sun, but at least Kit senses that his animal friend is most likely still nearby.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #5  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 21:43
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Rolling his eyes at Kit's concern over that oversized dog, Gordon takes stock of what he's wearing, checking to see if his weapons and armor are in place.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #6  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 01:51
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
After taking a few deep breaths to calm yourself down and access the situation you are in, you suddenly realize that none of your belongings and adventuring gears are still with you. In fact, the cloth you wear are badly damage by unknown means and barely cover your bodies. On top of that, you realize another grave concern: you do not have any food, nor water, with you.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #7  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 02:29
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Uttering not a few explitives, Gordon starts looking about for a sign of human habitation.

"Kit, think you could get that four legged friend of yours to find us some food if we can't find some farmer or other local inhabitant to help us out?"
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #8  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 04:23
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Staring down at the tracks, Kit nods. "Yeah, once I find her." He takes a not-so-discrete sniff at his rags. "Woof-ah. She's going to hate how bad these clothes they gave us stink."

He kneels down and touches the paw prints. "She should be somewhere nearby. Let's go try to track her down."
  #9  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 05:29
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Nodding in agreement, Gordon follows Kit's lead while keeping an eye out around them for signs of human habitation. He also keeps an eye out for a branch or stick that will make a good cudgel. He may not have his spear or crossbow, but a good club will be better than nothing.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #10  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 10:04
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
One following the other, the two of you trace the tracks on the ground, hoping to find your lost animal companion. The whole way, you couldn't find any sign of Human activities, nor can you find some crude items worthy of using as weapon to defend yourself. The tracks show that the Wolf sometimes stops and circles around before turns to one direction and continues its travel. Finally, after about half an hour, you see the Wolf. Even more pleasing to you, it's standing right next to a small pond of clear water.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #11  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 12:27
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"Good girl," Kit pants as he walks over to pat the wolf on the head. "Found us a friend and found us some water." He gives Gordon a nod. "Not bad, all things considered."
  #12  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 23:05
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Grunting, Gordan ackowledges the fact that finding the water was certianly a good thing, however, he's still made more than a little uncomfortable by the fact that he can't even find a stick to use as a club in this god-forsaken place.

"What the hell are we going to do? We've no food or weapons, and only these rags for clothing. Now, while we may have water, we've seen absolutely no sign of human habitation, or anything else that may help us get back on our feet."

"And what the hell was with that voice? What do you suppose it meant, 'Seal the gate of evil'?"
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #13  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 00:36
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Dipping his hands into the water to try to quench his thirst, Kit takes a long sip before he says, "I couldn't tell you. We need to get our bearings, figure out where we are, and then try to figure how to get out of here.

"But that voice... I wrote it off as my throbbing head. But if you heard it too..."
  #14  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 01:20
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"Heard it? The damn thing was like some one shouting inside my head. If I never experience that feeling again, it will be too soon."

Stooping to take a quick drink from the pool, Gordon then gets up and wanders its edge. If it was the only source of water in the nearby area, then perhaps there would be a game trail leading away from it. It was too bad, however, that Gordon really didn't understand how to look for such things.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #15  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 02:32
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The water sooths your throats and tastes like the best beverage in the world... your world, that is. You have never been to or even heard of a place like this in the world; persumably, you are far, far away from home now.

Attempting to decipher the voice you have heard, you are drawing a a strange feeling. You cannot grasp anything concrete, but you know it's something important to you.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #16  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 02:51
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"Moyra can probably help us find some food," Kit says, "but if we've got this water here, I'm half-afraid of getting lost somewhere and losing the water even if we do find a meal."
  #17  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 03:22
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"I agree," Gordon replies reluctantly, "but while we need water and food to survive more than a couple of days, we may need shelter to last the night. We've no idea where we are, or what the night might bring. These rags may not be enough to keep us warm and alive."

Gordon then resumes his likely fruitless search around the water's edge for some signs of a trail.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #18  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 03:56
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Unfortunately, other than the obvious, fresh track of the two of you and the wolf, Gordon is simply not experienced enough to figure out whether or not there had been other signs of activities. Kit joins the search, and likely finds nothing.

Perhaps some foreign gods here have answered your prayer, and you see by the horizon to the north, there seems to be some people moving by, along with some carts and wagons, towards the west.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #19  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 04:06
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"Hello!" Gordon exclaims when he spots the caravan, "Come on Kit! Let's try and catch up with this caravan and see if they can't help out."

Taking off at a run, Gordon heads after the caravan, periodically yelling in an attempt to attract attention.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #20  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 09:21
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Kit nods. "Hope they don't get a scare from her," he says, glancing back at Moyra as he follows after Gordon.
  #21  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 12:07
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The caraven stops, allowing you to approach them with ease. As you get closer, your see this seems to be a merchant group consisting of Humen and Halflings; at least, so far, the demographic of this world is not that different from yours.

"Wow, what happened to you people?" A Human comments when you move near. "Bandits? But what bandits would come out here in the middle of nowhere?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #22  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 23:05
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"Not a clue," Gordon replies, "All I can remember is that we were... talking... to... someone, and then we woke up here. I suppose we might have been drugged or something and left out here to die. I can't really think of a reason why though."

"Can you help us out? We need some clothes and supplies obviously, and passage to... well... whatever the closest town is. We'd be very grateful. Where are we anyway?"
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #23  
Unread 29th of October, 2005, 12:22
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"Be good," Kit says sternly to Moyra as they approach the caravan. "If your stomach is growling half as loud as mine, then you'll want these folks to spare some food for us too."
  #24  
Unread 31st of October, 2005, 12:58
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Well, we can't leave you out here in the middle of nowhere, come along." The man gestures for you to get into a caravan. "We don't really have any extra clothings right now, but we have several blankets that should at least help you in the night... it gets fairly cold then, unlike now. We have some rations, they don't really taste good, but at least you won't starve to death out here."

The man pauses briefly, and continues, "The name is Ramas. I am a merchant trading between Mulhorand and Kura-tar... you are lucky I've decided to take a shortcut this time through the Plains of Purple Dust instead of walking around like always."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #25  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 01:02
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"I'm Gordon and this is Kit," Gordan replies, "and I thank you for your generosity. If there is anything I can do to help while we travel, don't be afraid to ask."

"Which way are you headed? To Mulhorand or Kura-tar?"
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren