Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

Unread 8th of November, 2005, 06:30
Wisp
Ghoul

Member: #694
'Well that puts a damper on things.' thinks Yvonne. After mulling over the news for awhile she decides on a new plan. Leaving her sword and armor back in her inn room, she heads out and uses what limited gold she has to buy a robe, staff, and some other misellanous things that spellcaster's generally wear.
Unread 8th of November, 2005, 14:07
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #1476
While the merchants generally carries military gears in the city, common equipments such as hooded robes and walking sticks are easy enough to acquire. You are able to assemble the traditional Arcanist look in short order with limited spending.

(OOC: 4 golds)

Light, is the lack of darkness.
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 05:03
Wisp
Ghoul

Looking into a mirror, Yvonne comments 'Perfect, now the only way someone could tell I'm not just a regular mage is if they reconize that the tatoo on my face is the symbol of the Ice Troll Beserker Lodge. However, I'm guessing that most the people here won't reconize it.' Heading out(leaving the sword and armor behind of course), Yvonne will polietly ask someone who appears to be native to the city if there are any laws or restrictions on magic use or magic users in the city.
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 14:01
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

A guard looks at you and smiles, "Ah, newcomer? Nay, there are no laws governing spellcasting within the city, save for obvious hostile actions. You may practice your talent as you wish as long as you do not hurt the others."

Unread 12th of November, 2005, 14:27
Wisp
Ghoul

"I thank you for your time." says Yvonne "I have heard of cities that have laws governing spellcasting and did not wish to cause any disturbances by accident."

With that she heads off, and attempts to inquire about local spellcaster's that reside in the city.
Unread 14th of November, 2005, 13:29
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Spellcasters are scarce in the city, but after an hour, you hear able an Elven scholar who practice in Arcane magic living near the castle by the name of Valarion. People comment on him the most often when you ask about spellcasters, as he is apparently a Thayan; an Elf of Thayan origin is rare enough, yet an Elven Thayan residing in the country of political opposition seems, for the lack of more severe descriptions, blizzare.

Unread 20th of November, 2005, 14:56
Wisp
Ghoul

'Just because he's Thayan doesn'y mean he's a one of the Red Wizards.' thinks Yvonne, though that barely is able to allow herself to stomach her dislike of Thayans. Following that she decides to pay the wizard a visit. She heads out to his tower/house/whatever, getting directions from a local.
Unread 20th of November, 2005, 16:54
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

You easily find the Wizard's dwellings, and it looks like a simple stone-built house, blend but clean. Knocking on the wooden doors prompts a Human man answering the door. He is probably not the Elven Wizard you had hoped to encounter, but from your experience and his dress, this is a Thayan Red Wizard for sure.

Unread 22nd of November, 2005, 12:01
Wisp
Ghoul

"I'm... here to see Valarion. Since I am quite positive your not him, could you tell me where he is?" says Yvonne, trying her very best to keep any venom or spite from entering her tone of voice.
Unread 22nd of November, 2005, 13:34
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"I see. Who am I speaking to, so that I may inform him of his visitor?" The man asks politely.

Unread 24th of November, 2005, 07:24
Wisp
Ghoul

"Yvonne the Sorceress. Tell him I think I might have something he might be interested in seeing." says Yvonne
Unread 24th of November, 2005, 15:57
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"One moment." The man closes the door.

Shortly after, the door opens again and an Elf stands before you, dressed likely in Thayan Red Wizard robes. "Yvonne the Sorceress? I do not believe that I know you. I am Valarion, the one you seek... how can I help you?"

Unread 29th of November, 2005, 09:07
Wisp
Ghoul

"A question first, if I may." says Yvonne, and assuming he does not discourage it asks "How is it an elf was able to join the Red Wizards of Thay?"
Unread 29th of November, 2005, 09:34
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Magic is magic, regardless of who practices it." He says dryly, as though he had repeated this answer many times in the past. "Restricting the study of it to a particular race of beings is much too narrow-minded for magic. Much has been changed in Thay... or, to be changed at least, I hope." He sighs, "Your turn, stranger."

Unread 5th of December, 2005, 07:37
Wisp
Ghoul

"I was hoping you could aid me in a perplexing mystery I've come across. First you would agree that to cast arcane magic one needs a clear and focused mind, correct?" says Yvonne
Unread 5th of December, 2005, 09:49
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"For the most part... yes." Valarion replies hesistantly. "If by cast, you mean learn and practice. There are some with inborn magical talents who will consider a clear and focused mind the least of their concerns."

Unread 9th of December, 2005, 23:10
Wisp
Ghoul

"Yes, I've heard of inborn magic before, however I wasn't exactly referring to learning magic. Perhaps if I made an example instead." Thinking for a moment she says "You have heard of beserkers no? Would you say that producing an arcane effect would be impossible for one under a beserker frenzy?"
Unread 10th of December, 2005, 02:02
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Hmm well, in that case, yes, I would say so." Valarion replies with a wierd look on his face, although he doubts the validity of this question.

Unread 10th of December, 2005, 13:46
Wisp
Ghoul

"What if I was to tell you I knew of someone who could?" asked Yvonne before adding on "Would you have any ideas on how this would be possible?"
Unread 12th of December, 2005, 14:59
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

He frowns and sets his gaze on you. "No, I would not know how that is possible, nor whether or not you speak the truth. In addition, are you going to be explaining why you are telling me all these, and why I should continue to expend my time with you?"

Unread 13th of December, 2005, 03:32
Wisp
Ghoul

"Because I do know of such a person, who is in fact in this very city. As for why I am telling you this, it's because I am trying to find out how this can be possible, and I do not possess the arcane knowledge to even fathom a guess." said Yvonne before adding "Though I am not sure that wasting any more of your time would yield any benefit for myself."
Unread 13th of December, 2005, 03:51
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Alas, I cannot help you, as I am not sure how this can be done. From my knowledge Arcane spellcasting, or any spellcasting in fact, requires concentration. If one is in a state of blood-thristy frenzy or anger, I cannot comprehend how they are still able to perform the Art. Perhaps if I can observe and study this individual..."

Unread 13th of December, 2005, 08:15
Wisp
Ghoul

"The only obstacle to this is my friend is not very fond of Red Wizards." says Yvonne with a shrug.
Unread 13th of December, 2005, 13:55
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Well, then for certain I cannot help you. Good day to you then." Valarion replies and begins to close the door.

Unread 15th of December, 2005, 11:20
Wisp
Ghoul

"Yah, good luck." says Yvonne in the nicest voice she can manage, before turning a leaving. 'Well, it does confirm that finding this information is going to be difficult to find. The most knowledgable person in this city is the Simbul, but I finding a way to meet her is the hard part.' thinks Yvonne. She heads back to her inn room, and after changing back into her usual gear, she heads to a tavern to mull over her problem with a drink.