Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 1st of December, 2005, 15:09
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
(OOC: All SR checks and SVs are already taken into consideration. What I did forget is the damage, as well as your Spellcraft result vs the incoming spell, which has been edited to the previous post; please review it and update your character status where necessary)

As you have your back against an oak, the woman reaches you and swings, but misses you. The swordsman moves into position and prepares to launch his attacks as well. The apparent Arcanist again holds his action and watches you carefully, while the other man advances slowly.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #52  
Unread 1st of December, 2005, 15:40
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek is surprised that his prepared attack did not land. He redoubles his efforts and launches an all-out assault against the swordswoman who engaged him.

OOC:
Claws +23/+23 melee (2d4 + 13 damage), Bite +17 melee (2d8 + 8 damage); Improved grab- Grapple +24
  #53  
Unread 2nd of December, 2005, 02:18
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The woman eyes the other swordsman, who sways and dodges as he moves to flank you, and begins his attack with the woman's simutaneously. All of their attempts miss due to your surprising agility in a massive bear form. The Arcanist frowns and changes his tactic, incants to aid the melee combatants and creeps behind the mace-wielder. <Spellcraft: Haste>

While your earlier claw attack fails to strike your incoming target, you slash the your foe twice this time, but both time she resists your attempt to pin her. Your bite lands, but cannot penatrate her armor.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #54  
Unread 2nd of December, 2005, 21:54
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek takes a parting shot at the female warrior that he struck earller, then disappears.

OOC:
Claw vs. wounded target. Forego the improved grab (standard action).
Use ghost step ki ability (swift action).
Move 40 ft towards the mace-wielding opponent (ending adjacent to him if possible).
  #55  
Unread 3rd of December, 2005, 03:17
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You strike the woman once more before attempting to slink into the shadows once more, but finds that you are still fully visible.

(OOC: Invisibility does not seem to be working. Zeek has taken one attack and one swift action; this is still his turn in case you wish to alter your remaining actions.)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #56  
Unread 5th of December, 2005, 13:30
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek now realizes that all powers of invisibility have been purged from the area. He steps in the direction of the arcane caster.

(OOC 5 foot step)
  #57  
Unread 6th of December, 2005, 05:52
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The two foes facing you in melee shifts their steps and position themselves between you and the other foes rather than attempting to flank as before, and attack. While you are able to dodge all of their attacks, the woman's attacks are more furious and rapid, indicating she is the more dangerous threat among the two. The Arcanist casts another spell your mind feels the compulsion to cease your movements, but you resist the attempt. <Spellcraft: Hold Monster>

The mace-wielder snickers, says something to the others, then vanishes after uttering a powerful divine word. <Spellcraft: Miracle>
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #58  
Unread 6th of December, 2005, 12:43
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek is unhappy to see the mace-wielder disappear. Like with a mosquito, he would prefer to know where he is.

Zeek's lightning storm is still in effect, so he takes a step back and brings down a bolt on the arcane spellcaster.

He is pleased to have survived relatively unscathed so far, but he realizes luck has been with him. Fortunately, Number 3 Tiger will be materalizing shortly to help out.


OOC:
5' step back. Direct a lightning bolt as a standard action.
  #59  
Unread 6th of December, 2005, 16:08
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The lightning bolt strikes down at the Arcanist, but he leaps out of the way at the last moment, evading the full elemental assault. Muttering something that perhaps his own companion cannot understand, he slows his movement and attempts the same spell as before, but you shrug off it once more.

The male swordsman swings to no result and yells loudly, while the female frowns and switches her sword to her off hand, and reaches her right hand towards you, black, smoky substance shimmer about it. She touches your left elbow, and you feel a powerful shock to both your body and your mind; the utter, unspeakable evil threatens to tear your soul into pieces while the wrecking pain nearly causes a blackout as you stumble to maintain your balance. (55 damage)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #60  
Unread 6th of December, 2005, 16:45
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek has satisfied his curiosity at this point. Outnumbered as he is, these foul opponents might do him some real harm if he remains much longer.

"Zaijian!" he says ("Goodbye" in Shou), and leaves. The immense celestial dire bear retreats through the forest in the storm at full speed, relying on Number 3 Tiger to follow.

With the storm limiting visibility to one quarter and making ranged attacks impossible, Zeek hopes that his superior speed will allow him to escape. He deliberately heads through the toughest brush, taking advantage of his druidic ability to ignore such impediments.


OOC: Withdraw full round action. 80 ft (double move) with a couple of minor turns around trees and using underbrush to prevent his opponents from running or charging after him.

Last edited by crueldespot; 6th of December, 2005 at 16:48.
  #61  
Unread 7th of December, 2005, 05:48
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
After a few seconds, your Tiger companion takes on physical form and follows your speedy retreat. Your full-plate clad foes yell and curse as their voice fade and the distance between you increase. After a couple minutes in the storm, you are fairly confident that they will not be able to catch up to, nor track down, you anymore.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #62  
Unread 11th of December, 2005, 13:24
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek travels beyond the area of the storm and prepares to rest. As usual, he assumes tree form, allowing Number 3 Tiger to sleep in his branches after the cat has hunted its supper.
  #63  
Unread 12th of December, 2005, 15:14
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You are not able to rest calmly, as you feel the several mental intrusions attempting to spy upon you. While you are able to ward it off several times, the feelings have stopped. Having knowledge in spellcasting yourself, this can mean two very different things: either your foe has given up on their attempts, or they have succeeded in their remote viewing attempt.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #64  
Unread 12th of December, 2005, 18:09
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek realizes that each attempt to scry on him must be made by a different spellcaster, so he must now be the target of a squad of enemy magic users. "Good. It seems I have stirred the hornet's nest."

He hopes that even a successful attempt to observe him would confuse them, since they would see only another tree in the forest. "And if they are not fooled, then let them come." Zeek the tree goes back to sleep.
  #65  
Unread 13th of December, 2005, 03:49
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
It doesn't take long until your questions are answered, as you preceived a dozen, or maybe two dozen, Humanoids suddenly appear around you. Your Tiger friend immediately wakes up and notify you of the visitors, as you can feel several of them approach with chains, while some are getting ready to deal with the unfriendly Tiger.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #66  
Unread 13th of December, 2005, 11:36
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
"Are they really trying to chain up a druid?" wonders Zeek.

He transforms from a tree into human form, turns into an invisible hawk and takes to the air.

OOC:
end tree shape spell (free action), ghost step ninja power (swift action), fast wildshape into celestial hawk (move action), fly up 30 feet (move action).

Last edited by crueldespot; 13th of December, 2005 at 11:39.
  #67  
Unread 13th of December, 2005, 13:53
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You begin to ascend into the nightsky, but finds your power of invisibility once again foiled by some kind of magic, as you are still visible. Gaining your vision back once again, you see about ten or eleven black-armored men around you. About four of them quickly surrounds the Tiger and drawing their blades, while several of the rest draws forth bows and arrows, aiming at your hawk form.

One of the man shouts something to you, but you do not understand his words.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #68  
Unread 13th of December, 2005, 21:22
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek levels out and and flies directly away from the opponents. As he flies, he attempts once more to use his ghost step ability, hoping that he is beyond the range of power inhibiting it. He lands on a tree branch, using the tree trunk as cover between himself and the foes on the ground.

He hopes that Number 3 Tiger takes the hint and retreats.

OOC: Move 60 ft at altitude 30. Then use ghost step as a swift action. Distance from the bad guys is now 90 ft, so Zeek should be beyond the radius of the caster who has an invisibility purge on himself. If not, it means the dude is 18th level, which would be pretty scary. Zeek then makes another 60 ft move, ending on a tree branch on the far side of a tree, so that the tree trunk provides total cover.

What time of day or night is it now?
  #69  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 00:20
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You glide away from the enemies as five arrows are loosed against you; all of the miss, however. You successfully activates your power of invisibility and descend behind a tree. A squad quickly begins to move towards your previous location, then, as though their apparent leader can discern your location despite your invisibility and cover, directs the squad to travel towards your current location. The cloest warrior is but ten to fifteen feet from you at the moment. While you are certain none of them is able to see you at the point due to your small form, they seem to have no problem finding you. In addition, you find their steps and movement agile even in their full platemails.

The remaining five begins their attack against the Tiger as it attempts to disengage from melee, and even though you cannot see his gestures, you can tell one of them incants the Divine words of Dispel Magic.

(OOC: It is currently 2 hours past midnight)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #70  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 12:11
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek looks down from his branch to see the approaching enemies, thirty feet below.

He uses his ghost step ki ability again, hoping that it will allow him to avoid some missiles that might distract his spellcasting.

He then begins to cast "Call Lightning Storm."



OOC: Note that Zeek did not descend to the ground. He landed on a branch at 30 ft altitude.
  #71  
Unread 16th of December, 2005, 02:48
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Your enemies continue their pursue and circle around the tree. The commander points out your location to the other where your Invisibility is once again removed from you, and the warriors fire another round of arrows that hurt only the tree. With your animal appendages and bird-like screeches, you begin to call forth the wrath of nature once more.

about 70 feet away, your Tiger is fighting its way over to you, but have a difficult time getting pass the four warriors and a Cleric that apparently keeps their wounds healed.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #72  
Unread 16th of December, 2005, 15:05
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek calls down the first bolt of lightning onto the enemy divine caster.
  #73  
Unread 17th of December, 2005, 15:18
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You complete the spell and calls down a bolt, which strikes dead-on the priest that's been directing the enemy squad. He yells loudly and incants to mend his own wounds <Spellcraft: Cure Critical Wounds>, while the others continue to empty their quivers. In this numbers' game, 3 arrows actually strike you. (22 damage)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #74  
Unread 19th of December, 2005, 07:27
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek flies up and away in the general direction that Number 3 Tiger is headed. He perches on another tree branch higher up, such that the tree trunk provides him total cover from the enemies, then casts a spell of "cure critical wounds" on himself.
  #75  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 00:56
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
While you escape to another tree, the leading priest commands the others to follow as he casts another spell to heal himself. <Spellcraft: Cure Critical Wounds> Your similiar spell restores some wounds (32 HP). The Tiger continues to struggle towards you, but it's getting harder and harder to see his movements in the forest after your speedy retreat. Normally, his speed can match yours no problem even in hawk form, but you feel the distance between you increase as you move away.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren