Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

Unread 9th of November, 2005, 14:33
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #1476
"I do not deal with the Shades much, but the Clerics of the Wind Walker have extensive knowledge regrading their long time foe. I would recommend you to visit a temple or church of Shaundakul near the Anarach Desert... they fought the Shades vigoriously before. There's a head priest named Zeltaeber who should be fairly knowledgable."

Light, is the lack of darkness.
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 14:38
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Member: #1480
Tamara ponders this. "Yes, I am familiar with a temple of Shaundakul in that area. I shall seek out this Zeltaeber. I hope he doesn't offer to give me people or come along himself. I work alone. Anyway, it truly was a pleasure meeting you." Tamara takes the queen's hand, guides it to her lips, and gently kisses it. "I hope I could help you somewhat with your problem. Thank you for helping me with mine."
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 14:55
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"It was interesting meeting you as well. Meeting with an unique being like you certainly beats meeting hundreds of boring Red Wizards. Best of luck on your path to redeemption... or whatever it is that Tyr calls it."

Unread 9th of November, 2005, 14:59
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Tamara smiles. "Maybe we will meet again. You're certainly preferable to boring old wizards. Well, two mythals down, an indeterminate number to go. I shall be on my way to the desert. Farewell." Without further ado, Tamara teleports to the Anauroch desert, near a temple of Shaundakul.

She enters and looks around for a priest. "Good day to you, sir. I'm looking for the priest Zeltaeber. Could you tell me where I can find him?"
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 15:03
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

The priest who looks like a young acolyte replies, "Why, you can find him right here. I am Zeltaeber of the Wind Walker; how can I help you?"

Unread 9th of November, 2005, 15:08
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

"Oh. My apologies, I did not expect you to be so...attractive." Tamara smiles. "My name is Tamara Shahin. I work for Tyr and am investigating the mythals. I'm pretty much done at two locations and now want to infiltrate the Shade city to locate, study, and eventually take out or remove their mythal. The queen of Aglarond told me that you were the foremost expert about the Shades. Therefore, I have come to ask you about things like their customs, female names, female roles in society, anything that might help me pass for one of them." The Avariel smiles coyly, fully aware of the impact her information and questions are bound to have on this mortal.
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 15:15
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

His eyes open wide and looks at you silently for a moment. "O...kay. That's a lot of information to absorb. You..." He stops and tilts his head slightly in thought, as though figuring out how to continue his speech. He grasps the silver Holy symbol by his neck, incants a short prayer, and touches your shoulder. A warm feeling encircles your body, and had you any wounds, the power would have mended them. <Spellcraft: Heal>

"Alright then... why don't we try again. How can I help you, my friend?"

Unread 9th of November, 2005, 15:32
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Tamara inclines her head. "I'm sorry, did I go too fast for you? Thank you for the healing spell, but I don't quite know why you cast it on me. I apologize if I confused you. Do you have any information about the Shade culture that might be useful to me?"
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 14:44
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Oh, you were, uhh, serious." He clears his throat uncomfortably. "Forgive me for being blunt, but I cannot help but doubt your words. These matters you speak of, all of them, are rather... touchy right now."

Unread 10th of November, 2005, 15:08
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Tamara rolls her eyes. "I know that, of course. Listen, are you going to help me or not? The queen of Aglarond recommended you as a source of information on the Shades. If you don't want to talk to me, I will simply go there by myself and figure everything out as I go."
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 15:15
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"I would love to help you, but before that, please give me a few minutes. A short message to the Witch Queen should suffice as proof for me." He bows politely before sitting down and begins more Divine incantations. <Spellcraft: Sending>

After several minutes, he rises and gives you an even more friendly look. "You are right, I apologize for my attitude before. Now... you wish to know female names of Shades? Amafrey, Cefrey, Silifrey, Miri, Shandri... these are fairly common ones. I assume you need more from me than mere names?"

Unread 10th of November, 2005, 15:35
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Tamara smiles. "Thank you for that information. And yes, I would need some additional information. I've had dealings with an enclave of exiles on the Plane of Shadow, so I know what they look like. I can imitate their language without problems. The only things I am concerned about are their culture and traditions. Is there anything important to know about the role of females in their society? And any customs that might give me away as a stranger?"
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 15:44
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Hmm... well, in short, the Shades follow the tradition of old Netheril societies; they treat the power of magic as superme above everything else, and they cherish and protect ones who wield these power at the cost of all others. A extremist magocracy society, if you will. There are no particular custom or status difference based on gender."

Unread 10th of November, 2005, 15:58
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

"I see. Well, I suppose I'll go dress up as an arcanist, then. Do you have any other advice?"
Unread 11th of November, 2005, 14:36
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"You actually consider entering the city of Shade, along?" Zeltaebar shakes his head. "That's just suicide. Put aside the fact that they would most likely kill you if they find out your true identity, the place is shrouded in complete darkness, even spells as powerful as True Seeing give only extremely limited visions. In addition, there are plenty of magical wards of all sorts of different effects, some that's even lost knowledge to even the most knowledgable sage today."

Unread 11th of November, 2005, 14:57
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Tamara shrugs. "I can see in the darkness just fine. Hmm...unless they also have this irritating magical darkness that the people on the Plane of Shadows surrounded themselves with...oh well, I can always pretend that I can see. As for them recognizing me, the chances of that are fairly low. Trust me, they won't be seeing through my disguise. If they do, they deserve to catch me. The queen of Aglarond already told me that I should get some antimagic things. Plus, I'm very good at tricking magical wards and items. Hmm...they might be using passwords...oh well, I can always take them from their minds. If I pay for the material component, would you be willing to cast True Seeing on me just before I leave?"
Unread 14th of November, 2005, 13:14
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Oh of course, if the Queen sent you, you are our allies." Zeltaebar nods. "I am sure you are confident of your abilities, and do not want to appear to make light of them, but I was simply providing some words of caution. Anyways, let me know when you are ready, I will bestow the Wind Walker's blessing on your vision."

Unread 14th of November, 2005, 14:09
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Tamara nods. "Hmm...there are a few things I need to purchase first. I'll just pop over to Waterdeep and do that. I'll be back in a short while."

Tamara teleports to Waterdeep, back to her favored store and its owner Kurt. She smiles: "Hello again. This time, I'm looking for a scroll of Antimagic Field, the less expensive version please, and a Wand of Detect Magic, since my old one unfortunately blew up in my face."
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 06:49
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Kurt grins and opens his arm wide, "Welcome, welcome! How can I help you today?"

After hearing your request, he consults his list of inventories and replies, "We have several Wands of Detect Magic, most of them of Thayan make for 337 gold pieces and 5 silver... nah, I'll just make it 300 gold pieces for you. If you don't like Thayan wands, I have some of the local mage guilds going for 375 gold pieces. As for the sscroll... ah, we have a couple here from the Arcane Brotherhood for 1,650 gold pieces each, and one Thayan scroll for 1,485 gold pieces."

Unread 15th of November, 2005, 07:00
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Tamara smiles. "It's always a pleasure to do business here. I think I'll support the local economy and purchase the more expensive ones. I already did my part to support the Thayans today by negotiating the release of one of their Zulkirs. At least I think it was a Zulkir." Tamara studies the wand and the scroll. "These will be fine...tell me, do you have any partially charged wands? I'd rather have a few of those than just one, considering that the last one exploded."
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 08:10
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Kurt laughs, "I guess you are one of those people who plays around with magic trinkets without actually learning how to use them, eh? Well, anyways, I don't have any of those partially charged wands right now. Occationally people would sell those to me, but they are generally for spells or higher order... easy spells like Detect Magic generally do not attract much attention to warrent any price on an used wand."

Unread 15th of November, 2005, 10:31
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Tamara nods. "Makes sense. Let's see...I think I'll take two wands of Detect Magic, then. Just in case. What else could I need...do you happen to have wands with any of the following spells: Read Magic, Unseen Servant, See Invisibility, or Invisibility. Hmm...I should also get some more scrolls. Anti-magic field is good. In addition, do you have the spells True Seeing, Daylight, Freedom of Movement, or Arcane Sight?"
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 15:15
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Those are all available!" Kurt exclaims. "Wait up, wait up, let me take your order down first and get those things out. How many of those do you want each? Would you like them to be gift-wrapped? How about joining Kurt's People, where you will get 5% discount on all future purchases! That's a total of 15% discount on the Red Wizard's crafts!"

Unread 15th of November, 2005, 15:17
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Tamara ponders this. "How much would this Kurt's People thing cost me? As for the numbers, two wands of Detect Magic. One is enough for each of the other items. How much would those cost me in total, assuming that I buy the local stuff, not the Thayan items?"
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 15:28
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Uhh... well, it... doesn't cost you, since over time, you will definitely make your money back!" Sensing his tone, you are fairly certain that this Kurt's People concept is completely made up on the spot. "It's only 5,000... no, 3,000 gold pieces to join, and 100 gold pieces per month! You are a smart customer, you know it's totally worth it."

He quickly goes back to his calculation, and replies, "And your total comes to 14,475 gold pieces, ahh, I'll make it an even 16,000 gold pieces for the goods and your membership, and which accounts for the discount immediately! Come on, what do you say?"