Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 00:15
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"That I am afraid I cannot arrange for you... but, follow me." The guard takes you through the capital city and arrives at what persumes to be the palace; however, unlike other dwellings of powerful nobles or royalities, the Witch Queen's palace looks more like a fortress than a castle. He takes you to a side quarter, and introduces you to the captain of royal guards then explains your purpose here.

"Hmm... I am afraid the Queen is rather busy right now, due to some... political discussions with those Thayans." The captain gestures aggressively at the mentioning of the Thayans, and continues. "If you do have dire news, please give me a short message, and I will deliver it to the Queen. Should she deem it important enough, she'll agree to see you, I am sure."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #52  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 00:31
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Tamara nods, completely serious. "Of course, I understand. Tell her that I'm just coming from Myth Drannor and found some interesting clues about the mythal. If she deems that important enough, I'll be here for a bit before trying to find someone else to talk to." The guard captain earns a Happy, Diplomatic Smile Mark 2.
  #53  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 01:35
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The captain nods, "I will seek her decision right away. Please, have a seat." With that, he leaves you in the compound. Looking around, there are quite a few soldiers on guard duty or performing trainings... something you do not see inside every castle.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #54  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 02:39
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Tamara wanders around, doing her best to look cute and distract as many guards as possible while waiting for the guard captain to return.
  #55  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 03:36
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
After about ten minutes the captain returns. "I have delivered the message to the Queen's advisor. The Queen is currently in the process of an involved negotiation with the Thayans, but the advisor assured me that the Queen will certainly see you on the matter during the scheduled intermission this evening before suppertime. Until then, you may stay in one of her guest rooms if you so desire."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #56  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 03:40
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Tamara nods. "That will be..." She pauses. "Hmm...negotiations, you say? I am rather skilled in that area. Could I be of any help?"
  #57  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 04:13
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"That... would probably not be necessary." He forces out a smile, "I understand your willingness to help, but it's probably not the best idea for someone that does not have any cred... that neither side knows well, to join the negotiation."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #58  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 04:27
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Tamara smiles. "My credibility is my concern. I have quite a bit of experience brokering deals between factions. My experience is extensive, but I am afraid that it is also rather...confidential. I suppose that is something I can offer to the queen in person."
  #59  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 04:47
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"I hope I can help them see that; I believe you, but I don't know any reason to even let them allow your presence." The captain shrugs. "Unless you are willing to take the risk and enter uninvited? They will probably not care about the interruption if you can really do what you claim you can do; and if you cannot... well, then even the Goddess of Magic will not be able to help what would happen."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #60  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 05:44
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
The Avariel bursts out in loud laughter, taking aback the captain and drawing glances from quite a few of the guards. Most of the guards in fact. The only guards who are not glancing in her direction now are two deaf guards who are watching the skies for airbone threats.

Tamara regains her composure shortly afterwards. "A challenge? Well, I love a challenge. I believe I will enter uninvited. Just tell me where to go." She gives the captain another sweet smile.
  #61  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 09:40
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"I was actually just kidding. Hmm... well, follow me." He takes you through the compound and climbs several sets of stairs, navigating easily through the odd passages that seem to twist in unusual directions or cross each other from above or below, persumably for advantage in the event of combat. Soon, you reach a fairly large waiting room, and you see a woman sitting next to a huge set of stone doors.

"Counciller, I bring with me a skilled mediator. Perhaps we can try and have her join the negotiation?" The captain greets the woman, and gestures towards you.

"A mediator? Who is this, and where did you find her?" The woman looks at you suspiciously, though her questions are directed at the captain.

"Well, she is the one with the urgent message to deliver to the Queen..."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #62  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 10:25
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Tamara bows to the woman and smiles politely at her. "My name is Tamara Shahin. A pleasure to meet you. This lovely young man here issued a challenge to me that I could skip the process of waiting if I was willing to take the risk to interrupt the negotiations and speed them up a bit. Well, that sort of thing is exactly what I'm good at. Negotiations, I mean. Not waiting. I don't like waiting. So, may I enter to meet your famous queen and assist her in coming to an agreement with the Thayans?" Tamara gives the advisor a Happy Diplomatic Smile Mark 3.
  #63  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 12:16
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"I don't think that'll be a good idea. The importance of the matters at stake aside, I am not sure if either side can trust you. While a neutral mediator can be good... although the discussion at the table seems to be stuck at the moment." She shakes her head, then suddenly grins. "They are behind the door with heavy magical defenses, so watch every single thing that you do. I am under strict order of not allowing anyone to open these doors... should someone choose to enter without opening the doors, well, I can't really help that. You don't seem to be our citizen either, so I don't really have any authority of commanding you to do anything, do I?"

She winks, then walks to a chair, sits down, and starts to read a parchment.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #64  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 12:44
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Tamara grins back. "I understand completely. Thank you." She then turns to the guard captain, takes his arm, kisses him on the cheek, and makes herself ethereal, trying to pretend that she's actually casting the spell Ethereal Jaunt instead of using her demonic powers of diplomatic cuteness.

She then walks through the door on the Ethereal Plane, smiles at seeing that nothing blocks her passage, and returns to the Material Plane. Tamara flashes a bright smile at those assembled in the meeting room. "Good day to you all. Pardon my interruption, but it has come to my attention that your efforts to reach an agreement have stalled somewhat. Since I need to discuss some non-related matters with the honored queen, I decided that the fastest way to do that is to help all of you reach a mutually beneficial agreement. Now, I understand that the Thayans have certain reservations about non-humans. Rest assured that I am sympathetic to your beliefs and will of course respect them. If it would make you more comfortable, I could change my appearance to that of a human. Anyway, why don't we all sit down again and resume the negotiations? That way, we can all get what we want and we can be done in time for a wonderful dinner. My name is Tamara Shahin and I am at your service." Tamara bows and gives the room her most sublime diplomatic smile, Politely Persuasive Diplomatic Smile Mark 1.

[OOC: Use Bluff and Spellcraft to simulate casting of Ethereal Jaunt, take 10 on Spellcraft]
  #65  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 13:16
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
A traditional long table are placed in the middle, and you see a total of four individuals who turns to you slowly with some confused looks. To your left is the famous Witch Queen of Aglarond standing besides her seat, and to your right, you see three tattooed Humen in Red Robes, two of them standing behind one seated.

"Well my Queen, had I known the lack of defense in your mighty fortress, I would have prepared additional defensive measures enough for the both of us." The seated Red Wizard mocks, "This random Elf who happens to walk in seems to have a way with words, why don't you let her join? Then perhaps this tea party will actually make more sense."

"I find no need to prepare for exceptional defenses for powerful Arcanists such as yourself, but apparently the presence of this little Elf is of grave danger to you. Such is certainly my oversight, and I do apologize." The Witch Queen mocks back, then flicks her fingers. A small stool rises up from the ground besides the table in your direction. "Please, have a sit, and be careful. At his age, any sudden surprise may claim his life."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #66  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 13:22
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Tamara smiles. "Thank you, madam." She nods at the queen. "Sir." She nods at the seated red wizard. While walking to the newly arisen stool, she continues "Rest assured, you have nothing to fear from me. I'm not even armed." She glances at the longsword at her side. "Hmm, right. I keep forgetting that I have this. Trust me, I have no idea how to use this. It's just to scare would-be robbers away." She sits down. "So, what can I do for you?"
  #67  
Unread 29th of October, 2005, 12:13
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"The matter is actually quite simple, but somehow the terms here are being derived by our illogical Queen here." The Thayan Wizard says calmly, resting his chin on his hand with the elbow on the table. "Let me briefly tell you the story then. The Queen of Aglarond ventured into the Great Waste with a large army, outside of her reign, when we were conducting some studies. She managed to catch us off guard and captured one of our important members; even worse, now she threatens us with said member in order to make her selfish demands. We are simply here to request the Queen to release her prisoner."

The Simbul seems unmoved by the words and makes no plan on rebuttal. She folds her arms, nods, and comments, "Hmm, yes, that about summarizes it fairly well."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.

Last edited by Darken; 29th of October, 2005 at 12:16.
  #68  
Unread 29th of October, 2005, 12:41
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Tamara nods. "I see. I believe that we are dealing with two separate issues here. The first is the battle your forces fought in the Wastes, the second is the return of someone who is important to you. Let's deal with the battle first. You said, quite rightly, that the Queen of Aglarond was outside her legal area of influence in the Wastes. However, I believe that the Wastes are likewise not formally part of Thay. Therefore, they are just as much outside your sphere of influence as they are outside of hers. Consequently, we have a case of two armies meeting on neutral ground for a fair fight. If we can agree to this, then we can focus on what seems to be the more pivotal issue here - the prisoner."

The Avariel smiles and absent-mindedly strokes her wings. I actually missed this. It's kinda fun to show mortals how foolish they are and how obvious the solutions to their meaningless problems are. It's definitely more rewarding than thinking about what to do with my life.

She then non-chalantly moves on to the prisoner issue. "Let us talk about the prisoner now, without regard for how the Queen of Aglarond came to acquire said prisoner. Assuming that the prisoner was taken in a fair fight, the queen naturally can expect to receive some compensation in exchange for the release. Now, this could be very easy if the Thayans have some prisoners of their own that they would release in exchange. However, given that these negotiations have dragged on for so long, I surmise that this is not the case. Furthermore, I cannot help but get the impression that the prisoner is very important to the Thayans. Given all of these things, what I would like to know is what exactly the Queen of Aglarond demands in exchange for the release of her prisoner."

Tamara smiles at the Simbul.

Last edited by Crazy Eben; 29th of October, 2005 at 12:46.
  #69  
Unread 29th of October, 2005, 12:52
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Oh, I quite agree." The Thayan replies, "Under those circumstances, we were defeated, and those who are captured are the winner's rightful prisoners, hence we have come here, bringing wealth as our offering in exchange for the prisoner. Not that the Queen has any shortage of coins or magical crafts, but such is the standard of our nation's... produces. However, the Queen refuted our offering, and instead begins to make her demands. Care to refresh our memory, O Queen?"

"I am offering you some ways to save your coins." The Simbul snickers. "It's a simple demand. I ask them to behave. No more slavery, no more invasions, no more black marketting. None of these have anything to do with your strength of magical acadmy and research."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #70  
Unread 29th of October, 2005, 13:04
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
"Hmm...I see why you are having problems with the negotiations. I would request a few clarifications, please - no more slavery is fairly obvious. However, does no more invasions refer to a binding agreement that the Thayans not attack Aglarond or is it meant to be a blanket statement forbidding them from engaging in any unprovoked offensive action against any nation? Likewise, when you talk of black marketing, what exactly do you mean?"
  #71  
Unread 29th of October, 2005, 13:12
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The Queen rolls her eyes. "Why do you people always try to find loopholes and ways to evade rules? No invasion is just that, no invasion. Not just us, but just no invasion. No black marketing simply means no illicit trades. They are skilled magical craftsmen, no need for them to deal in dishonorable trades."

The Thayan yawns. "And I am probably repeating myself yet again. How would you feel if we are to force you to adapt our customs?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.

Last edited by Darken; 30th of October, 2005 at 01:02.
  #72  
Unread 29th of October, 2005, 14:28
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
"Those are rather impressive demands indeed. The Thayans obviously do not believe that the prisoner is worth all that. Of the things you mentioned, which is the single most important one to you?"
  #73  
Unread 30th of October, 2005, 01:07
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Out of the three examples I provided? I would say an end to slavery is the one most important to me. Note that I did not provide them with three demands, I provide them with one, that is 'To Behave.'" The Simbul sits down on her chair and leans back, taking a more comfortable position.

"Allow me to explain it to you, young Elf, she meant 'You Red Wizards should act as what I would act on all events and situations.'" The Thayan grins. "I would have stormed out here in more than one unpleasant ways should I have not received instruction from our circle that I should attempt to retrieve the prisoner at all costs." Pausing briefly, he adds, "And I interpret that to be all reasonable costs."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #74  
Unread 30th of October, 2005, 03:00
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
What is wrong with these mortals? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Oh well, let's see if I can do anything.

Tamara briefly ponders these positions. She asks the Simbul, "Are you willing to execute the prisoner? Or would you simply not release him or her if your demands are not met to your satisfaction?"

To the Red Wizard in charge, she addresses another question. "Given that the Queen appears to be utterly uninterested in monetary compensation for the prisoner, which is quite understandable given that she is a queen, what other sorts of costs would you be willing to incur? For example, would you agree to abandon slavery in exchange for the prisoner?"
  #75  
Unread 31st of October, 2005, 13:30
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"I have no intention of executing the prisoner, if returning it would bring some benefits." She shrugs, "If he is no use to us alive, killing him will not extract more use out of him. I am simply saying that this man is important enough to warrant my demand. Abandoning all slavery is a good start... I guess I'll keep this guy for, say, a year, and if I observe that the Thayans have abandoned slavery, I will escort him back home. "
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren