Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 10:04
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Kiara keeps her head right where it was. "Hmm...that might be a problem. Someone overly interested in power might take these objects and try to master them. Someone who is wise enough to know that mortals should not mess with such powers would be an ideal choice. Someone with a knowledge of power, but at the same time with a healthy respect for it. Do any of your contacts fit such a description?"
  #27  
Unread 22nd of October, 2005, 10:09
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Phillinade starts to shake his head, bumping his face into yours, and immediately turns away. "Hmm, no, those in this business are going to have rather difficult times fitting into your description. I know no such individuals, unfortunately."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #28  
Unread 22nd of October, 2005, 11:36
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Kiara sighs. "I expected that. Unfortunately, mortals tend to be very predictable in their greed." She straightens up, moving her head out of Phillinade's reach. "Sometimes, I wonder if I should just go back to my former allies. Sure, they are evil and absolutely untrustworthy...but their actions would probably disappoint me less. And I would exactly know how corrupt the people are that I deal with."
  #29  
Unread 24th of October, 2005, 10:01
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Phillinade makes no direct replies to your comment and simply shrugs hopelessly. "What's your plan then? We now have a pile of bones, some random collections of unreadable writings, and information that barely constitute as clues. I doubt the locals here or beings on Flaness will be able to know much about it without powerful supernatural means."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #30  
Unread 24th of October, 2005, 10:26
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
"Well...there is someone I could ask. An eccentric but powerful arcanist who is known to care for the well-being of Toril...I suppose I could deal with him. Of course, I should probably change."

Kiara ponders what disguise to best take and eventually settles on one of her favourites, Tamara. Kiara takes out her disguise materials and patiently gets to work.

After several minutes, she looks in her mirror, satisfied that her disguise is flawless as usual.

Tamara smiles at Phillinade as she parades about in front of him. "What do you think?"

[Take 10 on Disguise, result of 54, spot DC 58 to penetrate]
  #31  
Unread 24th of October, 2005, 12:19
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
He makes some sounds of approval, and replies, "Very impressive. Had I not been here watching, I would never believe you are the same person as the one under those disguises. Well then, I'll pack these up for you."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #32  
Unread 24th of October, 2005, 15:59
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Tamara watches Phillinade and absent-mindedly plays with her wings.

When he is done and Tamara has the items in her pockets, she hugs him. "Well, thank you for all your help. I'll see what I can find out and will return. If not, I may have died...again...that would be most irritating. For future reference, I do not recommend dying. It's not a pleasant experience. Although I did enjoy the coming-back-to-life part and the looks on everyone's faces." Tamara grins and kisses Phillinade on the cheek without thinking. She backs off and blushes slightly. "Uh....er...well...I should go now." She teleports right back to the portal to Toril.

Once there, she sits down for a few minutes to gather her thoughts. Eventually, she sighs and stands up again. Brushing some non-existant dust off her wings, she steps through the portal.

Back in Toril, Tamara tries to recall where she might be able to find the man Lady Lynkhab always used to call "That Elmo Guy", more frequently referred to as Elminster.
  #33  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 10:03
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You recall the Sage Elminster generally resides at his strange reverse tower in Shadowdale, but more recently, due to the war and his critical role, he can be anywhere near Myth Drannor in the Cormyr region or the eastern Dales. The most recent sighting of him would be a famour Celestial-blooded lord Lashiman in the Silver Marches when he is helped by the Sage against the army of Shades.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #34  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 10:26
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Tamara ponders the information she recalled. Right. I remember that. When Lady Lynkhab told me about him, she mentioned that he had the tendency to travel around a lot. She chuckles. A lot like me. Well, a hero's work is never done...neither is a heroine's...wait...is that what I am now? Nah, I don't think so. I'm...hmm...I have no idea what I am now. But I'm definitely not a heroine. A true heroine wouldn't feel the constant temptations that haunt me. Whenever I see a holy warrior, I still have to struggle not to seduce and break them. Whenever I enter a shop, there's still this part of me that doesn't want to pay and just wants to talk people into giving me everything I want. Whenever I look at Phillinade...there's this small voice inside of me that desires to taste his soul.

The Avariel sighs and starts to soar into the blue sky, hopeful that the fresh breeze will help her forget her troubles. This isn't helpful. I have to think about where to start looking for him. I suppose his tower is the best place to start. If he's not there, someone in that area should know where he is now. Tamara visualizes the Dalelands and Elminster's famous tower and attempts to teleport there.
  #35  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 12:31
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Your vast knowledge of Faerunian landscape and geography aids you greatly in visualizing varies locations of Shadowdale, and moments later you arrive in front of the windmill... perhaps the most famous windmill in the multiverse, so to speak, that houses a reverse tower beneath. You do not see much activity in this secluded area away from the center of town, probably why Arcanists or other beings who dislike social activities would enjoy these types of locations uniformly. Although you do recall some strange reference about the Sage being a great dancer.

After some random thoughts, you casually walk towards the windmill.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #36  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 12:33
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Well, I'm here. Now let's go meet the Sage. I wonder if I can get him to dance with me...I am pretty cute.

Tamara walks up to the windwill and knocks.
  #37  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 12:44
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The door is unlocked and not even closed properly. At the first knock, it creaks open, revealing a small, empty warehouse. The inside looks disorganized with random items of no use, but in general is fairly clean with little dust. Other than broken wooden objects which you will never figure out what they originally are, as well as a few still intact, but empty, barrels, you see no one or nothing of interest.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #38  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 12:48
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Odd...wait...the tower is underneath, isn't it? Let's see if I can find a door or something. I suppose I should also announce myself, just in case."Hello? Mr. Elminster?" Tamara advances carefully, looking for anything that might be an entrance to the tower.
  #39  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 01:25
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You do not receive any response. However, you find a trapdoor easily enough near the center of the room, opening to a 10-ft wide staircase leading down. At the end of the staircase no more than 15-ft forward and down is another set of marble doors, which upon closer inspection, appear to be actually carved out of fine ivory. No handles or keyholes alike are seen on the door.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #40  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 02:16
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
"Mr. Elminster? Hello? I'm coming in, if you don't mind. The matter is rather important."

Tamara knocks at the marble door. In case she doesn't receive a reply, she will enter the Ethereal Plane, step through the door, and return to the Material Plane.
  #41  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 09:43
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You do not receive a reply. You step into the Ethereal Plane and enters, but unfortunately is blocked by an invisible force barrier, its nature similiar to a Wall of Force spell, that overlaps the ivory door.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #42  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 10:03
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Fine. Be that way.

Tamara touches the door and pretends to be Elminster or anything else the door desires, hoping to find a way to activate it. The door refuses to open, frustrating the elf.

She steps back onto the Ethereal Plane, studies the area behind the accursed Wall of Force, teleports past it, and returns to the Material Plane.

"I apologize for the intrusion, but it really is quite important that I talk to you."

Last edited by Crazy Eben; 26th of October, 2005 at 10:11.
  #43  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 10:23
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You travel via the Astral Plane towards your destination. When you step out of the Astral Plane, however, you notices that you are not where you had hoped to be. Closing your eyes and opening them again to confirm the surrounding, you are certain this is not the inside of the tower; in fact, this is the outside of the tower, outside the semi-broken windmill.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #44  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 10:31
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Brr....I bloody hate wizards.

Tamara grumbles, walks back inside the stupid windwill, goes back down the stupid staircase, returns to the Ethereal Plane and proceeds to poke around the Wall of Force until she finds a gap that she can use to slip inside.
  #45  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 11:54
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You find that the wall of force extends to great perimeters, going deep beneath the earth, and horizontally covers about at least 100 ft by 100 ft on average; on some levels smaller, some others bigger. It would appear that unless you are extremely skilled in escaping bounds, you will not be able to find any weak spot within these indestructible barriers.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #46  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 12:27
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
I tire of this. Damn, I hate wizards. Silly mortals who think they wield power. I'll just ask someone.

Tamara heads back up, exits the Ethereal Plane and looks for someone who might know Elminster and how to get in touch with him. Once she finds someone like that, she will smile at him or her and say "Good day to you. Please apologize for the interruption, but I was wondering if you would happen to know how I might be able to meet Elminster. If he is not here currently, do you know anything about where he might be at the moment? I realize that people probably ask you this sort of thing all the time, but I really do need to talk to him quite urgently."
  #47  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 12:38
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The random Dalesfolk replies, "The Sage? He's not here right now. Last I heard he's near the frontline in Myth Drannor assisting the Alliance... but you never know about those crazy Wizards, you know, with their magic that go all over the places. Why don't you go to a temple of Mystra and ask? They might know something about it."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #48  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 12:42
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
"Myth Drannor? ... ... Blast!" Tamara smiles as the woman talking to her looks taken aback. "My apologies. I just came from there. Thank you for the information."

She walks away, mumbling even more angrily than before. "Stupid wizards. I knew I shouldn't have gone to someone like this. Fine, I'll go somewhere else."

Recalling what she knows about Aglarond, Tamara visualizes the grand palace in the capital Velprintalar and teleports there. Once she reaches her goal, she addresses the nearest guard. "Pardon me, is the queen in town?"
  #49  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 12:58
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You consult the great map of Faerun in your mind and travel to Aglarond instantly. A neaby guard hesistates to answer your question, but your diplomatic tongue easily sways his mind. "Yes, the Queen is in the city right now. Can I help you with something?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #50  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 13:07
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.32 per day)
Tamara beams at the guard. "That's wonderful! Can I request an audience with her? It is rather important and concerns a matter of great urgency for all of Toril." The Avariel flashes one of her cuter and more diplomatic smiles.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren