Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 13th of October, 2005, 12:05
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Cazio's Chapter

Firstday, Firstweek Mirtul, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

The past week has been peaceful, as you pursue your research. While Mystra cannot grant you answers and helps on your study being out of contact, trying her best to conceal the location of Mythals, you are still granted spells daily for your faith. Occationally Lashiman's advisor will contact you via Sending regarding the process of his fort and how things are stablizing in the Silver March area, as would Alassra of situations between Aglarond and Thay.

Mr. Ermenegildo, Master Lashiman wishes to inform you that things have quieted down here, we can confidently say there are no more conflicts west of Dalelands.

How are things going? You won't believe how the scums from Thay actually send people to ask for their Zulkir back. Ha, wail until...

... until you hear about what I ask them to do. Curse this inferior spell with its limits! When these swines finish wasting my time, I'm...

Today, while finally making a break through on the Creation spell, you decide to take a short break. Developing a method to create a focus that draws in nearby Astral Vapors and Ectoplasma is fairly difficult, but at least you have completed the first step towards your goal. Enjoying a cup of milk tea, the quietness is suddenly disrupted by the screams of several townsfolks outside your window, followed by one of your acolyte downstairs.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.

Last edited by Darken; 21st of November, 2005 at 14:52.
  #2  
Unread 24th of November, 2005, 03:12
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Lady help me, he says as he stands and mounts the stairs, heading downstairs in search of whatever manner of horror has visted itself on his village.
  #3  
Unread 24th of November, 2005, 15:45
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
A quick glance outside your window prior to decending downstairs reveals a couple of commoners lie dead in a bloody mess. Downstairs, one of your acolyte backs into a wall, trying to escape the wrath of a dark-armored knight as your Celestial companion fends him off, while the other struggles to free himself from the grasp of another knight. Both knights appear to be of Thayan origin, evidently from their armor design as well as the two Red Wizard standing by the door.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #4  
Unread 26th of November, 2005, 04:17
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
The Red Wizards tracked me down! Cazio shrieks in his mind as he makes his way downstairs.

He intones a single word in Celestial and flicks his wrist to hold the Circle of Seven Stars before him as he strides downstairs, the anger in his eyes only matched by the fury of fire pouring onto the Red Wizards at the door. The fire not yet finished roaring, he intones, "Lady of Mysteries, shine with your glory here in your holy house." A single silver star pulses to life on his shoulder and immediately lashes out with a bolt of pulsing light, searing the air as it arcs towards the knight attempting to harm his acolyte.

[OOC: Quickened flame strike for 15d6 on the Red Wizards, then holy star, targeting the knight grappling with the acolyte with a fire bolt at +7 for 7d6 damage.]

Last edited by Jackelope King; 26th of November, 2005 at 04:37.
  #5  
Unread 29th of November, 2005, 00:22
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The Flamestrike seems unaffective as you fail to penatrate the Red Wizard's Spell Resistence. The bolt of fire strikes the Knight easily, and while the magical flame sears his flesh, he seems completely ignorant of it and continues to drag the acolyte towards the Red Wizards.

One of the Red Wizards exclaims, "Ah, Mr. Ermenegildo, we have been expecting you! How are things going? Actually, you are probably doing quite well, but your friends here sure doesn't look good... I think there are a couple of innocent bystanders in need of some Raise Dead outside, all because of you."

The attacking Knight stops its attack and slow backs away, while the one who has captured your acolyte stands near the Red Wizards. "Now then, your young priest here is probably only slightly tougher to deal with than the folks outside, so why don't you stop your spells, and we can have a nice talk?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #6  
Unread 29th of November, 2005, 04:26
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Screaming at them in his mind, Cazio thinks, You killed innocent townsfolk just to get my attention? What sort of monsters are you?

More logically he realizes, They must've finally gotten a strong enough divination specialist to locate me, then teleported here to avoid the defenders in the woods. That's why I didn't have any advance warning.

Odds are they're here to seek a trade for the Zulkir I helped to capture. Or they're just out for revenge. Or, most likely, a little bit of both.


But more politely he says, "Very well. Call off your hounds outside and we can talk like responsible folk."
  #7  
Unread 29th of November, 2005, 14:16
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Excellent, Excellent!" The Red Wizard in front grins widely and dramatically. "Worry not, there are no more goons outside. More people doesn't necessarily mean things will get done faster. Now, chitchats aside, we are wondering if you'll do us a favor? As you must remember, one of our Zulkir was captured in the battle of the Endless Wastes, and currently the Witch Queen holds him in her prison. She can be quite a stubborn woman, and maybe you can convince her to let us have our member back? Her current conditions in exchange of our Zulkir's freedom are quite... irritating."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #8  
Unread 30th of November, 2005, 11:01
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"And what, if I might be so bold as to ask, are her conditions?"
  #9  
Unread 30th of November, 2005, 15:46
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"That would be for us to abandon slavery. While that maybe viewed as a good thing in her culture, it is certainly not our custom; quite frustrating to have other's custom imposed upon you, no?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #10  
Unread 1st of December, 2005, 02:43
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"I'd ask your slaves," Cazio replies curtly.
  #11  
Unread 1st of December, 2005, 04:58
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Now that's just silly, surely a wise man like you understand the definition of slaves? Anyways, perhaps we should speed this up, your little friend here is getting rather uncomfortable. Maybe you can help us convince the Queen to simply release her prisoner? In return, we can promise a long term peace pact, as well as the termination of the search of Mythal on our part. What do you say?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #12  
Unread 3rd of December, 2005, 08:43
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Cazio considers the Red Wizard's offer. "I have no qualms with delivering your message, but you'll forgive my curiosity in wondering on whose authority you offer a peace pact? One of your Zulkirs? All of them? I'd feel like a heel delivering an offer of peace and not being able to tell how genuine that peace might be, as I'm passingly familiar with the difficulties of Thayan politics."
  #13  
Unread 4th of December, 2005, 04:59
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"The whole Thaymount, of course... we value our Zulkir just as you people do."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #14  
Unread 4th of December, 2005, 05:33
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"Very well then. You've delivered your message, so now I'll ask you to leave my village immediately," Cazio says as he stands. "And as responsible folk, you'll understand that I hold you and the Zulkirs who sent you here personally responsible for any death or destruction I find here as a result of your arrival here. You may leave safely now, but you are not to return without my personal invitation, or I'll send you back to Thay in pieces. In return for this, I will carry your grievances for you."
  #15  
Unread 4th of December, 2005, 16:15
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"I am sorry, I neglected to mention that the orders from our superior is that we will temporarily remain at your fair establishment and keep your friends here company during your absence... your trip to Alagrond, that is. If we can come here easily and cause this... inconvience to occur, perhaps we should stay to keep out other troubling beings to harasse your friends, yes? Worry not, we will take good care of them; surely you know our magical capabilities to make things comfortable. Please, don't mind us, make whatever preparation you need, and should you require some assistance to reach Alagrond, we'd be glad to help you."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #16  
Unread 5th of December, 2005, 04:56
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Cazio's eyebrow twitches involuntarily, and he struggles to maintain his composure.

"Why don't you tell me the rest of your orders right now?" he says, a demanding tone creeping into his voice. "It seems to me that a messenger's orders should only go so far as to deliver the message, yet yours seem much more detailed than that."
  #17  
Unread 5th of December, 2005, 07:11
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The Red Wizard behind suddenly shouts out, "Alright, that's enough nonsense out of you! Either you do as we say or..."

"Easy, easy..." The Red Wizard at the front waves his hand and stops his companion who seems to want to leap out and tear your limps out and construct a trophey out of them. "You will have to forgive my impatient friend here, Mr. Ermenegildo. We have no other orders; we were simply sent here to deliver the message as well as observe your actions base on our... recommendations. My friend's outburst do carry some weight, however... please do consider the safety of your associates here when making your decisions."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #18  
Unread 6th of December, 2005, 08:54
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
His eyes drift down to his accolyte, then back up to the Red Wizards.

"Very well. I will deliver your message, and I will allow you to remain here in my village while I am gone. But in return, I expect you to behave like well-mannered guests. Understood?"

With their confirmation or (more likely) snide, backhanded response, he says to his companion in Celestial, "Keep an eye on our guests and tend to what injuries you can. I will not be gone long."

Cazio ventures downstairs to the library to quickly secure his notes, then back upstairs to strap on his armor and gather the rest of his notes. I should at least ensure that they do not get their hands on my research. If Thay were to produce its own extraplanar watchpost...

With his equipment gathered, he stands before his mirror and opens a portal to Lashiman's fortress and strides through in search of his friend and ally before venturing on to deliver the message.
  #19  
Unread 6th of December, 2005, 15:56
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Of course. We wish for your success, otherwise things can get really complicated here..." The Red Wizard replies with the expected kind of remark, and you leave the main hall.

Travel through your mirror and arriving at Lashiman's fortress, you are greeted by one of his advisor. "Ah, Mr. Ermenegildo, welcome. Are you here to see Lord Lashiman? Unfortunately he is out on one of the regular scouting mission at the moment. They should in a few hours at noon. Is there anything I can help you with?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #20  
Unread 7th of December, 2005, 14:13
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"I can only remain for a few moments," he says. "The Thayans have managed to sneak a few Red Wizards and some warriors into my home village. Inform Lord Lashiman that if he doesn't hear from me before sundown that the people of my village may be in danger, and that I may require his assistance."

"Forgive my hasty exit, but I can trust you to deliver word of this to Lord Lashiman?"
  #21  
Unread 7th of December, 2005, 15:39
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Most certainly. I will see that he receive such message personally. Best of luck on your dealing with the vile Thayans..." He bows politely before seeing you off.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #22  
Unread 8th of December, 2005, 12:37
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"Odds are I'll need it," he sighs as he steps back through the portal into his chambers, then opens another portal in the Witch Queen's palace (or thereabouts).

[OOC: I can't remember if Cazio had made any sort of arrangements with Alisa (and I can't quite remember how to spell her real name either ) as to where he could open a portal or transport himself to in her stronghold. Odds are this'll mean Cazio is putting himself at the gates to the palace and requesting entrance the normal way, but if that's the case, so be it.]
  #23  
Unread 8th of December, 2005, 15:08
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
(OOC: Her real name is Alassra, and Cazio had not made any arrangement regarding a safe-teleport-spot)

You arrive in the courtyard of the Witch Queen's caste, before the main gate into the fortress-like palace. The guards seem alarmed and rush over at once, but when they realize your identity, they nod or bow slightly and return to their post.

"Welcome, servant of Lady Magic. How can we help you today?" A guard by the gate asks politely.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #24  
Unread 9th of December, 2005, 01:35
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"I require a few moments of her Majesty's time," he says simply, trying to maintain a facade of calm despite the nagging fear of what the Red Wizards are doing to his town in his absense.
  #25  
Unread 10th of December, 2005, 00:42
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Certainly. Please wait a moment, I'll see if the Queen is free right now." He bows once more and leads you to a waiting room, then leaves your sight. After several minutes, he returns and takes you to the meeting room where the Queen awaits.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren