Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 20:10
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
I really should just kill them. They be beginning to bore me.

Arturo sighs. "How very... interesting. I do hope this be going somewhere. Did ye learn anything of value about them?"
  #27  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 06:19
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"That is an interesting question. If we refuse to tell you, it's obvious that you will kill us; if we do tell you, our warchief would kill us. Weighting these options, I choose not to answer this question at all."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #28  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 12:31
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo perks up "Really? I guess that answers my question. I suppose ye DID find something interesting."

"However, I think ye're missing out on an important little fact - I'm probably going to kill ye anyway, unless ye have some reason ye're useful, like ye just said. On the other hand, I might be willin to let ye live if ye DO prove to be useful, and yer warchief need never know ye told us anythin. I certainly haven't got any plans to be tellin him. HAR! So then, I'll give ye one last chance. Care to tell me anythin?"
  #29  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 14:55
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Our Orcale is all knowing. Chances are, he is watching us right now." Ungor snickers. "Our desire to live is certainly great, but if we die in battle, we will join Gruumsh in his glory. If we die for the cause of the Warchief, we may be transformed into outworldly beings and return to claim your life later. But... that aside, what are you willing to offer, save a reduction of meaningless threats, for our exclusive information and our service?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #30  
Unread 8th of November, 2005, 15:49
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo hides a snicker at the mention of becoming otherworldly beings when they die.

"Hmmph. This be neither here nor there, but no pithy Oracle can see into me ship. However, if I hear correctly, ye're actually trying to get me to let ye join me crew? Why should I even let ye do that? I imagine ye'd run off the second ye had a chance. If ye can give me some reason to trust ye, I might consider it. O' course, if ye actually believe ye'll become some otherworldly being," Arturo sneers as he says 'otherworldly being', "I dinna see how any deal could match that. What d'ye really want here? I be beginnin' to think ye're jus' playin' now."
  #31  
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 13:59
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Think what you will. Of course, I am not really sure what you mean by "trust" here... I can tell you straight and honestly, that me and Jewas here originally belong to the Orc horde in the northeastern High Forest, and we changed our side immediately upon seeing Melharn's invading army being much stronger than us. This can be another chance similiar to that for us, but what you offer should ensure that no one else can make a better offer."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #32  
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 18:55
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
The crewmen at the door quickly rally as Arturo motions them to take care of Jewas. "I be afraid I'm not in a position to offer ye any such thing" Arturo says as he pushes his sword into Ungor.

(OOC: Rally the Crew, activate! -> +3 atk & dmg)
(Also OOC: Preferably I'd like the crew to use ranged attacks, but that's up to them)

Last edited by Davmaster; 12th of November, 2005 at 09:26. Reason: add crew
  #33  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 14:39
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Ungor groans as your blade pierces his leather armor, drawing blood. Several of your crewsmen enters the room and surrounds Jewas who backs into a corner, and takes out two fairly rounds stones. These stones, while solid looking, do not appear to be weapons at all. Ungor pulls himself away from your blood dripping sword and draws a longsword of his own.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #34  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 17:34
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo briefly eyes the stones and calls for Talindra, "Talindra! cast something to hold the one in the corner!" then shifts his focus to Ungor once more.

"Idle threats, eh?" Arturo says as he continues to pierce Ungor with his rapier.

Last edited by Davmaster; 12th of November, 2005 at 09:22. Reason: more precise order
  #35  
Unread 14th of November, 2005, 13:11
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Talindra incants and briefly, a reflective surface springs into being then fades from view. Knowing her strategy in your previous adventures, she has encased Jewas as well as about three other crewmen in the corner, forcing the Orc to fight against unfavorable odds without means to escape. The Orc seems to whisper something into the stone instead of fighting back, while nimbly dodges all of the incoming attacks.

Your rapier strikes Ungor two more times, but each time is deflected by his armor and swift movement to absorb the blow. He hops and jumps back towards Jewas' corner, and lunges at another crewman in his way. The sword produces a deep cut on the crewman's side, causing it to stumble back in pain.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #36  
Unread 16th of November, 2005, 15:58
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
not wanting Ungor to reach Jewas, Arturo attempts to maneuver between Ungor and Jewas, continuing to attack Ungor. Meanwhile, he says to Talindra, "Good! now can you speed us up a bit?"

The crew continues their harrassment of Jewas.

(OOC: while Talindra casts haste, Arturo will move between Ungor and Jewas and attack Ungor. The crew attacks Jewas as much as they are able)
  #37  
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 04:34
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
As you have instructed, Talindra casts the spell to enhance your speed and movement, and you springs in between the two Orcs while pressing on with your attack. Ungor parries your attack and nimbly dashes directly for Talindra, stopping only to cleavinga crewman who attempts to intercept in half with his blade.

Jewas throws down the stones and looks frustrated, and his left leg circles about, striking all three crewmen, causing them to fall back and impact the invisible wall. hearing the commotion, more of your crews have approached by the door, anxious to see what's going on inside the room.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #38  
Unread 18th of November, 2005, 08:11
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo sees Ungor going for Talindra and again tries to maneuver between Ungor and his goal. He shouts at Talindra, "Watch out! and Hold him!" He also yells at the crewmen at the door "Dont just lay there, ye lazy lubbers! Attack the one in the corner! You, flank this one!"

(OOC: One crewman will flank Ungor with Arturo while moves to Ungor, and readies an action to move with Ungor if he tries to move away so he can take a full attack as soon as possible. Talindra casts Hold Monster on Ungor - if she has it, otherwise go for Ray of Enfeeblement or something to weaken him - and the rest of the crew holds Jewas off)

Last edited by Davmaster; 18th of November, 2005 at 08:17.
  #39  
Unread 20th of November, 2005, 14:43
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
(OOC: Talindra has cast Wall of Force to seal off Jewas and three of your crewmen in the corner, thus there are no physical means for more of your men to reach them at this point.)

You position yourself to attack Ungor's flank, and strikes him again, however you produce but a minor cut on his back. Talindra steps back away from Ungor and gestures, and suddenly Ungor ceases all of his actions and stands there, motionless. Over at the corner, Jewas punches one of your men left and right, then finishes off with a powerful knee strike, and his target falls to the floor, lifeless.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #40  
Unread 20th of November, 2005, 15:42
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo grins at Ungor's still form and chuckles as he takes his time to slip his sword into Ungor's spinal cord. Talindra watches critically, in her businesslike manner, and then begins chanting again. Two of the surviving crew walk over to the boudaries of the wall, angered at seeing their comrades fall.

(OOC: Coup de grace on Ungor, Talindra improved invisible-izes herself - or casts some other support spell if she cant do that)
  #41  
Unread 20th of November, 2005, 16:59
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
With a clean slice, Ungor falls to the ground as blood gushes from his back. While the spell is powerful enough to hold him, it cannot prevent him from chocking up some blood with an unpleasant sound as life departs from him.

Talindra fades from view as she cloaks herself with Invisibility, while Jewas charges and delivers a flying kick that creates a loud snap from his target's neck, so vivid even through the Wall of Force. He looks to the third crewman after the second falls victim to his dangerous unarmed attacks.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #42  
Unread 20th of November, 2005, 20:43
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Robert Godfrey never knew his mother, since she was killed mere months after he was born by a freak typhoon. Caught offguard by the storm while walking home, his mother had slipped, hit her head on a rock, and drowned in a puddle on the side of the road. Rob lived a simple life as a boy. He grew up as the fifth son of a poor fisherman, a fisherman who sometimes could not afford to feed his children thanks to the high taxes of the local lord. Rob had always wanted to be one of the 'fortunates' he saw strolling through town. At that time, having enough money to buy food whenever it was wanted was a luxury he could only dream of.
It might have been for this reason that one night, Rob and two of his brothers were standing outside a local tavern, and saw a well-dressed man with a thick purse pass by. Rob and his brothers (slightly drunk) approached the man and asked for a few silver so they could enjoy the night. The man spat at their feet, turned, and walked away. Rob decided he had had enough of the rich flaunting their wealth over him, so he pulled the man into the alley and beat him to death. As Rob finished the grisly act, he looked up to find his brothers staring at him in horror. Rob didn't know what to do, so he took the man's purse and ran. He joined a whaling crew the next morning, and sailed out of his home city, never to return.
Rob was hardened over the years by constant labour, under the cruel hand of the ship's first mate. Eventually he left the ship, and continued to join several crews of many ships, always wandering, never feeling at home, until the day he heard of the Great Air Pirate Arturo. It was said that Arturo was brutal to his enemies, but fair to his colleagues, and that joining his crew surely meant a share of incredible riches. Since then, Rob idolized Arturo. He would always ask for stories of the pirate at every port he visited. Amazingly, Rob got lucky, and one day the Black Dragonfly came to the port where his ship was docked. Rob wasted no time in applying for Arturo's crew, and was accepted!
Since that day, Rob has flown the skies in glorious adventure as a part of Arturo's crew, making friends with the rest of the crew and revelling in the spoils of battle. His two best friends, Ralph and Ronald, have always been with him as well, enjoying the life of a pirate with him.


Rob looked around, his back against the invisible wall behind him. Ralph lay at his feet, his battered and bloodied corpse bent at sickeningly impossible angles. Is this what his life has come to? Will it all end here? He looks behind him and sees Ronald and his fellow crewmen cheering him on, ready to come to his aid as soon as the barrier falls, and Arturo striding to the barrier as well, whose eyes are intent on the fearsome Orc that is even now advancing on Rob. Knowing he won't be alone for long, Rob prepares to fight off this ugly foe, hoping he can stay alive for only a few more seconds.

(OOC: Arturo moves toward Jewas and prepares to attack him as soon as the barrier drops, and Talindra drops the barrier. When the barrier falls, Ronald will aid Rob if he is alive, and the rest will try to flank Jewas with Arturo.)
  #43  
Unread 21st of November, 2005, 14:21
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You and several crewmen, bodies leaning slightly forward, prepare to take on the remaining foe as soon as the Wall of Force is brought down. After a nod from you, Talindra dismisses her invisible barrier as a flash of blue hue appears just as quickly as it disappears. You charge in past Rob and strikes Jewas' leg, but he is still able to nimbly dodge out of other incoming attacks. Jewas tumbles around you and springs diretly for Talindra at full speed, positioning himself right in front of Talindra, nearly blocking your view of her with his large body build.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #44  
Unread 21st of November, 2005, 16:38
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo and the rest of the crew charge after Jewas. Talindra's eyes widen for a moment as Jewas approaches, then takes a step back and casts once again.

(OOC: Arturo and the crewmen all charge, Talindra steps back and casts an attack spell, such as flesh to stone, finger of death, or baleful polymorph.)
  #45  
Unread 22nd of November, 2005, 08:42
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Talindra steps back to the doorway, and utters the Arcane words of death and destruction. A Dark blue mist surrounds Jewas, and he gasps, silently, for air before falling down. It would appear that he is quite dead.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #46  
Unread 22nd of November, 2005, 18:13
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo and the crew have trouble stopping as Jewas suddenly falls down dead in front of them. They mutely look at the body for a moment, until Arturo shakes his head and says, "ar... right! very good Talindra, thank ye." Arturo slyly pinches her bottom, causing a jump and a frown from Talindra, but Arturo catches her smile as she turns away. He looks to either side of him and sees the crew standing around. "Well, don't just stand there, men, strip these two down! Examine the bodies and if there be nothing unusual, feed the sharks. Bring everything they had to my quarters for examination." Arturo walks over to the 2 dead crewmen and examines their bodies to ensure they are completely dead.

Two crewmen, Rob and Ronald, make it there first and respectfully close the dead eyes of their friend. Arturo nods to them and they begin stripping the bodies so their friends can also be buried at sea, though in a more respectful manner than the two orcs who killed them.

Arturo heads back topside and gives the order to have the magical raft hauled on board and tied down, and then to have the ship ascend after the watery internment of the bodies. Once the short funerals of the crewmen have been dealt with and the ship is in the air and underway, Arturo and Talindra head to the captain's quarters to inspect the equipment the two orcs were carrying.
  #47  
Unread 23rd of November, 2005, 06:03
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Back in your quarter, Talindra inspects and picks out items that radiate magical auras and sets them out before you. You count in total one bandana, two sets of bracers, a headband, four rings, a periapt, two vests, an amulet, a small piece of black fabric, two pairs of gloves, and a belt.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #48  
Unread 23rd of November, 2005, 08:45
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo raises an eyebrow. "Not bad. How long will they take to identify? Oh, and remember those stones that Jewas had? Any idea what those were?"
  #49  
Unread 23rd of November, 2005, 09:14
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"I just need a few minutes to inspect them... probably just a couple, really. The stones, while I haven't even tried to identify them, are probably Sending Stones from the design... it's fairly common."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #50  
Unread 24th of November, 2005, 12:25
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
"Great! I'll leave you to it then." Arturo kisses Talindra and walks over and sprawls out on the bed. He begins playing with the sending stones.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren