Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 13th of October, 2005, 11:50
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Arturo's Chapter

Eighthday, Thirdweek Tarsakh, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

Hearing about the Nelanther Isles' recent news, you decided to take your crew for a quick visit and perhaps investigation. En route, you notice that the Sword Coast seem rather empty; even though the Trackless Sea is not the busiest place on Toril, the complete lack of ships still says much about the strange circumstances near the area.

The Black Dragonfly docks, and as you and several other crew members step on land, a couple of Orcs appear and appropach hastily, stop only when they are about a stone's throw away. One of them calls out in fair Common, "Stop! Who are you and what are you doing here?!"
  #2  
Unread 13th of October, 2005, 12:09
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo appears to relax his guard by lowering his sword slightly, although he is prepared for the orcs to make any sort of threatening gesture. He replies "I be Arturo, Captain of this fine ship. We be a ... courier ship, and we came to use the port as a layover for a short while. A few drinks for me men and a quick rest is all we be looking for. I assume ye'll not be havin' a problem with that?"
  #3  
Unread 14th of October, 2005, 04:17
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Away with you and your men! You don't want trouble, and we don't want trouble." The Orc raises his voice and replies, "This island is being reformed, and no longer welcome drunken sailors or adventurers alike."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #4  
Unread 14th of October, 2005, 06:38
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Good gods, this is worse than I thought.

"Reformed you say? Well that be all well and good. But are ye saying ye'll not even allow a passing courier ship to dock and rest? Reform or not, I'm sure ye still have ships passing through everyday. So if ye don't mind, I'll just be taking me men up to the port tavern and we'll be gone by morning..."

Arturo takes a few steps toward the island, making to walk past the orcs.
  #5  
Unread 14th of October, 2005, 09:52
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The Orcs take a step back and put their hands on their belts. Until now, you think they are unarmed and unarmored, but their movement of hands draw your attention to their belts, which contains several small blade-like weapons... even smaller than common daggers.

"You may think you are funny, but we are not amused. There is no tavern or inn anymore here... consider this a private property now, and you are not invited. There seems to be plenty of room on that large ship of yours, your men may rest inside where they belong. Consider this your warning, as next time, we will not even allow you to dock."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #6  
Unread 15th of October, 2005, 07:58
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo pauses.

Well, obviously this scum has driven away everyone else who was here. There won't be much information to be had I suppose.

After a moment he says, "Fine then. We'll be on our way." He turns back toward the ship and starts walking away with his men. Before he goes very far, he asks over his shoulder, "By the way, if this be private property, who be the new owner?"

Arturo makes sure he takes note of the names of all the other ships in port before he leaves.
  #7  
Unread 17th of October, 2005, 12:42
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"The new ruler of the isles is Warchief Melharn, and he dislikes wanted visitors." The Orc replies and watches you carefully as you return to the Black Dragonfly and slowly pulls out of port. Prior to leaving, you mentally note down all the ships currently docked in port. There are only a few of them, and most of them appear to be abandoned, while the ones that seen recent use are of a mix of Orcish and Dwarven design.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #8  
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 07:17
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
As they sail away, Arturo and Talindra talk belowdecks, after Arturo relays what happened on the docks to Talindra.

"Well that was bein' useless." says Arturo. "It seems everyone we know be driven out of port. I want to find out where everyone went. Let's try scouting all the nearby ports."

Talindra nods, and says "If I can make a suggestion, we should stay out of the air. If we're searching on the sea, it might take longer, but it makes it more likely someone will see us as well. It might be better not to tip off this Melharn character that our ship can fly, if we haven't already. Don't forget about those two people we say flying into the city. They may have seen us."

Arturo runs his fingers through his beard grimly. "Hmm ye may be right. Very well, we'll be stayin seaborne for the time being. And make sure ye remind the lookouts to watch the skies as well as the sea. We'll keep the double lookouts as well. I don't be wanting to miss anything."

Arturo and Talindra nod to each other and get up to distribute orders to the crew.

Last edited by Davmaster; 21st of October, 2005 at 07:18. Reason: grammar!
  #9  
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 10:00
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You sail east once more, and move towards the closest port on the mainland, Velen. Crossing the Asavir's Channel, you noted a small Orcish boat sailing pass you in the opposite direction. It's more of a raft than a boat, holding only two Orcs, extremely unusual for sea travel. The boat seems to move just fine, however, without the two Orcs even lifting a finger, and diverts its course to circle around you while the ships are close. They eye the Black Dragonfly oddly, but otherwise takes no other actions.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #10  
Unread 24th of October, 2005, 05:50
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo raises an eyebrow at the odd raft. Obviously magically propelled somehow. Talindra would be interested in this, no doubt.

Arturo takes a close look at the two orcs as the ships get close through a looking glass.

He gives orders to prepare to raise the skull and crossbones and to prepare grappling hooks for boarding.

He turns to Talindra "I'd like you and the other magically gifted to prepare counterspells. Hmm, if you have any holding or paralyzing spells, those would be handy too. It would be nice to capture at least one of these two for information, as well as the ship. I know you like learning about magical propulsion. Unless you already know how they're moving like that?"
  #11  
Unread 24th of October, 2005, 10:19
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The flags are raised and tools for invasion prepared. The Orcs, somehow, catch sight of your actions and with some unknown adjustments, increase the speed of their raft. Even if the enhanced speed, the raft is no match for the Black Dragonfly, which easily catches up to them and halts their advance with grappling hooks and boards. Both the Orcs stand up and readies themselves for combat, but one of them still manages to call out, "What's the meaning of this? If what you are after is gold, we have suitable offerings for you and your men."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #12  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 06:24
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo pauses, stares blankly at the orcs for a few seconds, then begins to laugh. "HAHAHAHA! Ye'd think these two had never heard of pirates!" He calls to his men, causing chuckles and evil smiles amongst most of the crew.

"Very well, we'll humor ye." Arturo calls to the Orcs. "If ye'll be answering our questions, I might be persuaded to let ye go, and maybe even keep that fancy little raft o' yers. As long as these 'offerings' ye speak of be ... satisfactory."
  #13  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 12:05
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"What is it that you want then?" The same Orc replies, "And what of the questions?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #14  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 16:47
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
"Why don't ye come aboard, we can a have a little chat belowdecks?"
  #15  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 01:35
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The speaker looks at the other Orc, and he shrugs. Both of them step onto your ship, and eye around suspiciously.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #16  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 07:19
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
At a gesture by Arturo, the crew secures the raft as the orcs are escorted belowdecks, to a secure room. The crew begins searching the ship.

"Now then." says Arturo, once the orcs are seated and two of the crew stand at the door. "I want to know what the heck be going on in these waters. The ports all be closed and none of the ... previous residents be anywhere in sight. What do ye know of this?"
  #17  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 10:10
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
One of the Orcs just sits himself down by the wall, while the one that talked originally answers you, "What I know is that a warchief of a horde somehow got to the Isles with all his Orcs, organized all the other native Orcs as well, and blocked off access to the Isles."

One of your crewmen enters and signals to you that they have found nothing of interest on the raft, other than standard gears such as rope or daily consumables like rations and water.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #18  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 13:19
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
"Hmm, he organized the 'native' orcs too, ye say? Surely not all of them! Know ye what happened to those who wouldn't follow him? Actually, that leads me to my next question as well. What be YE doing here?"
  #19  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 01:01
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"At the beginning, no, not all of them, but those tend to die. Now, suffice to say there are no living Orcs that do not obey his command." He replies, "And I have no business here. I was on my way home."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #20  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 06:45
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo frowns at this news. He paces a bit, then turns back to the orcs, obviously angered.

"Hm. Well if there be no living orcs who don't obey his command, that would mean ye two also be his lackeys. I think it be time ye explain to me why I should let ye live." Arturo says as he glares at the orcs and menacingly draws his sword. One of the two men at the door hears this and opens the door a crack, making a gesture at those outside to let them know what's happening inside, and the two raise their own swords slightly as well.

Last edited by Davmaster; 27th of October, 2005 at 06:46. Reason: oops - forgot piratey grammar
  #21  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 09:44
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"The question is, why should you not let us live?" The Orc replies calmly, "I don't understand when we suddenly become your enemies, nor why you find our corpses be of more use than we are now. I can see that you command a fine crew, and we are certainly outmatched; but do you not care about their lives, that you risk us taking one or two of them down with us?"

The sitting Orc lets out an annoyed groan, and stands up, but otherwise does nothing.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #22  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 14:49
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo looks at the Orc for a moment, then harumphs.

"Harumph! Fine then," he says as he lowers his sword again. "Although I be noting that ye do not deny being in the service of this Chief Melharn, and I don't be particularly enraptured o' the fellow since we were kicked out of a port by 'is lackeys recently.

"Let's talk about how ye propose to be 'useful'. What exactly do ye for Melharn? Thinking of which, what be yer names?"
  #23  
Unread 31st of October, 2005, 03:46
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The Orc hesitates for a moment, but eventually replies, "My name is Ungor, this is Jewas. We are merely scouts who receive orders from him to be his eyes and ears away from the Island on varies spots on the mainland."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #24  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 06:30
Davmaster's Avatar
Davmaster
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1508
Location: Effectively Everywhere
Posts: 45 (0.01 per day)
Arturo leans against the wall casually, starting to look bored. "And what were ye just 'scouting'?"
  #25  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 14:53
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"We heard of a strange Elven village in the forest, and our Warchief just wants to know about them... seeing as how they are probably the most powerful beings in the nearby regions, and we should check them out."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren