Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 6th of December, 2005, 07:07
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
Tor shrugs. "Eh. It couldn't be that tough. The key, I think, would be getting the first shot off."

Arel raises her own eyebrow to match Melfice. "Get the first shot off? Just what do you have in mind?"

"Why, merely our survival. A dragon must be... pacified... before we can risk dealing with it. Perhaps those would be the preparations, eh? Tools to render dear old snarl vulnerable."

"Klauth has lived longer than any of the past generation of elves, Tor, surely you don't really think--"

"I do, Arel. I do. We'll render him helpless, and take what we want. It will work. We're invincible; we can't die." He stares at Melfice coldly, and quickly the bard realizes that the human really does believe what he just said.

"Fine. Instruct Miss Calitheria today, in that case; we'll hunt for the dragon tomorrow."
  #77  
Unread 7th of December, 2005, 05:48
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
Melfice shrugged. He supposed if the worst happened he could simply run away. he would feel no remorse If Tor were to get eaten by the Dragon. He said goodnight once the day was over and headed back to the now familliar Inn to get some sleep.
  #78  
Unread 9th of December, 2005, 05:54
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
At the end of Tor's miserable day wasting time with Calitheria, filling her mind with endless details about general necromantic prayer and the finer points of graverobbing, Arel confronted him.

"You'd better have a damned good plan, Tor," is all she says, before retiring upstairs.

Oh, but I do, Tor answered... but only in his mind.
  #79  
Unread 12th of December, 2005, 15:18
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Greengrass, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

You awake in your rooms after a good night's rest; Arel finds it surprising and amazing she has been able to sleep soundly for the past few days as oppose to her normal routines. The party gathers in Arel's residence to discuss the next move.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #80  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 07:11
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
"Tor, if I may have a word with you?"

"Yes?"

"I'm quite concerned about this... endeavour. I know what you're up to. I suspect that Melfice suspects it as well."

"I'm a little suspicious of the basis of your suspicions."

"Shut up, Tor."

"Peace, peace. We are prepared."

"But what if the dragon is not alone?"

"Ha! What enemy can protect themselves from the deceit of my patron? No mere guard, certainly. Trickery is how we'll kill any who stand before us... and after giving them the lie, we'll be well on our way."

"Yet you know not of the dragon itself."

"I know enough to say that it can be bested! Foolish little elf, you forget that there is nothing you know that I have not taught you about... the... the gift. Simply confounding the wyrm's every action with a savage attack (perhaps magical) should be enough."

"...perhaps..."

"And, of course, 'Glacian' will be there as a sacrifice should all this fail. Or at least a distraction in the initial rounds."

"Oh, you're horrible."

"Yes, yes, I know. I'm serious, though..."

"What was that?"

"Nothing."


After preparing spells, Arel and Tor meet with Melfice at the inn.
  #81  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 10:09
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
When Arel and Tor entered the in Malfice stood twirling his new wand in his fingers. "Ready?" he said, "I wouldn't mind finding out if large opponents make good pin cushions".
  #82  
Unread 17th of December, 2005, 05:39
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
"I would imagine they don't, what with all the scales and the monstrous size and the killing people just by breathing too hard. Regardless, we do what we can. Now, to go about finding him. Hmm... if we're lucky, he'll be living in a gigantic crater that would be impossible to miss.

"I don't think we'll be lucky."

"Maybe, but anything that big can't be too easily missed. Even if it isn't because of a gigantic crater. Someone ought to know where he'll be."

Arel and company attempt to gather information on the location of Klauth's lair.
  #83  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 00:37
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The information you gather compose of mainly mocckery and laughter as people speculate your reasonings.Unfortunately, other than "somewhere up north" you are not able to obtain further details.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #84  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 07:49
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
"I am not particularly surprised at this. Although it does make me want to murder someone for no reason."

"Particularly that little halfling bastard. Did you see him?"

"I think I did! Damn him! I will not be ridiculed by a three-foot tall peasant!"

"Alright, we need a better plan. Let's seek information from someone who isn't a moron."
  #85  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 08:25
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
"Perhaps someone who lives nearer the montains?" suggests Melfice.
  #86  
Unread 22nd of December, 2005, 07:48
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
"You're certainly right... hmm. There's an interesting dwarven fortress farther north, at the very tail of the spine of the world. I went there, when I was... very... very young... just a child... a long time ago..."

Arel seems to get lost in her thoughts for a few minutes, before Tor jars her back into reality.

"Mmm? Oh, right. Yes, well, I've been there. Nice place, for a dwarven keep. Ornately constructed. Definitely not of goblin make. I hear they've had a lot of trouble with goblins there. That seems silly to me, because goblins are incompetent as far as I know. So was my old cobbler, actually. You know, he once tried to sell m-- oh, right, you want to go there?"

Arel psionic teleports to the dwarf hold, the farthest north she's ever been.
  #87  
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 05:00
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You successfully Teleport to the Mithril Hall of the north, near the Silver March region. Not surprisingly, you see sevearl Dwarven workers, but also several Human workers as well. Unlike you, they are surprised by your sudden appearance, and one of the Dwarf asks in Common, "Hey, who are you? You can't just randomly wonder in here!"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #88  
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 05:55
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
"I'm not randomly wandering in. Quite contrary, I've come for a very specific reason. Although, if you like I can leave and come back in, and we can all waste quite a bit of time."
  #89  
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 06:11
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
Melfice raises an eyebrow. "Mithril hall" he said, "interesting choice Arel". Melfice clears his throat before speaking to the dwarves as well. "Indeed we arent randomly wandering. We were hoping to get some information on the spine of the world mountains".
  #90  
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 06:24
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The Dwarf waves his arm meaninglessly and shouts, "It's dangerous here! Get out, get out! And don't come back in. If you are looking for the owner he lives in that fort to the south."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #91  
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 06:45
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
Arel rolls her eyes. "Alright. Then I'll speak to him." She then leaves and seeks said owner out.
  #92  
Unread 24th of December, 2005, 03:48
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Exiting the mine proper, you can see a fort to the south. Or, what will be a fort; the building appears to be under construction at the moment. While the defense structures are somewhat completed already, the interior layout are still being built at the moment. A Human, who appears to be some kind of supervisor of the operation, greets you. "Greetings, traveler. What is your purpose here?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #93  
Unread 24th of December, 2005, 05:47
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
"Ah, hello, sir. I would be Arel, and these are my associates. We've come seeking the dragon 'Klauth.' Old Snarl? I'm going to assume you've heard of him?" she replies, with a mild laugh. "Well, I'm hoping that you'd give some sort of lead as to where he may be found... because, simply, we're on a tight schedule and don't have much time to search around and scry randomly."
  #94  
Unread 29th of December, 2005, 00:29
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Klauth...? Yes, of course." The man looks at your oddly composed party. "You do realize that seeking Klauth is no different than seeking untimly death?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #95  
Unread 31st of December, 2005, 07:22
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
"Damnit! I'm getting sick of that attitude! Everyone we ask seems to have that opinion of everything!" Tor cries.

"Hmm... perhaps there's something to that..." Arel mutters under her breath, starting to have second thoughts about her plans.

"Enough. Just answer the question."
  #96  
Unread 4th of January, 2006, 06:46
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Very well. He has several lairs and usually shifts his residency every couple of days. Two of the known lairs are in this very mountain, both approximately 4 miles to the north, and half a mile away from each other. One more lair that I know of are to the east, past the Silver Marches, near the Deserts... that is all I know." He explains as he details the location of these lairs to you with a hopeless look.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #97  
Unread 7th of January, 2006, 07:58
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
Arel's smile slowly fades. "Oh... that's not good when you've a time limit. Ah, well then, perhaps some other time..."

She scratches her head, wondering what to do next. "...ah, while we're here... would you happen to have a problem with goblins?"
  #98  
Unread 10th of January, 2006, 00:46
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Goblin problems? No, not at all..." His looks grows wierder as the conversation continues. "They usually do not wondering around here, at least in Silver Marches."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #99  
Unread 11th of January, 2006, 06:46
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
As you converse, a Human suddenly appears nearby and approaches the man you are speaking to. He is dressed in robes and bears the symbol of Mystra. "Please inform Lashiman that the threat has been dealt with for now."

The man you were speaking to abandons your conversation and turns to the newcomer, bows, and replies, "Certainly, I will see to it that he gets the word."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #100  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 05:47
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
Arel perks up at this. "Mmm? What's this about? Since I've nothing better to do, now that my dragon-hunting plans have fallen out, perhaps I could be of some service. Arel Starbay, a mage of Silverymoon, if you please," she says as eloquently as possible, before giving a sweeping bow.

Tor suddenly becomes very quiet, seething with hatred for the newcomer but internalizing the feeling completely.

Last edited by LeadPal; 12th of January, 2006 at 05:51.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren