Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

Unread 15th of October, 2005, 02:07
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Member: #1480
Aww. That's way too slow. Teleportation all the way! Never settle for just one city, region, or plane to adventure in!
Unread 15th of October, 2005, 06:27
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
Bleys is in Halruaa, as a leader/general of non-magical (ie normal army) forces. There are massive numbers of magic user, but how many of them want to stand watch on a wall all night?
His mission is up in the air right now. As a highly devoted follower of Tempus he often undertakes missions for his deity. However, he is also responsible for the defense of Halruaa and the Council of Elders tends to send him on mission for the Kingdom as well. Should any invading force decend on Halruaa Bleys would be at the forfront of any army opposing them.
Unread 15th of October, 2005, 08:06
Davmaster
Skeleton

Member: #1508
You can always help evil fight evil! Looks like my mission will be to bring about the return of piracy. Nobody likes an organized army in the wrong place

I'm with you on the slower pace idea. Flying ships rock all over teleportation.
Unread 15th of October, 2005, 08:14
Wisp
Ghoul

Member: #694
I beat everyone in the slow moving department. Walking or riding a horse for me. At least for now...
Unread 16th of October, 2005, 04:17
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

Member: #1488
If only I had the spell slots to prepare as many plane shifts as I want...

CD: I spend a lot of time in Silverymoon, so if ever you get the urge to be made a thrall and forced to do various deeds diametrically opposed to your (presumably capital G) alignment, give me a call.

That wasn't entirely a joke, either.

By the way, PY: Does your crystal mask make you immune to mind affecting magic, or will I not have to waste the dispel? Ah, what the hey, the extra effort couldn't hurt.
Unread 16th of October, 2005, 05:00
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

LP,

Saving throws vs high level spells your character throws out are somewhere near 30 right? That is just super nasty/insane! ;-)
Unread 17th of October, 2005, 03:45
LeadPal

Well, in the grand scheme of things, that's nothing special. It's possible to crank them higher, but I didn't really give it that much thought, and at any rate I wanted various other abilities as well (like manifold immunities).

And stop looking at my sheet!
Unread 17th of October, 2005, 04:40
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Thanos, a quick note - darken makes your cohort. All you have to do is tell him the general concept.

Also, I bet my level 4 spell has a higher save DC than Arel's level 4 spells
Unread 17th of October, 2005, 08:28
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

LeadPal,
We aren't allowed to look at other peoples sheets? Odd, but if that is the case then the individual threads should have been made private. I wont anymore if that is the case.

Crazy Eben,
Good to know that as well. It seemed implied that ones Cohort was like a secondary character that could/would be RP'd in the case that the primary was unavoidably detained (in my case a protracted war that takes months, but little RPing is needed). It seemed to make sense to make the secondary character ourselves.

Are there any other little things that I should perhaps know about as a noob?
Unread 17th of October, 2005, 12:36
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #1476
Technically, there's is no hard rule that says "you may not read other people's character sheet or IC threads," but it's recommended that you do not do them, as if you have knowledge of them, you might subconsciously metagame using those information in your own game.

As for Cohort, you seem to have confused them with a secondary character. You may select one of the following two courses of actions, as per the rules in DMG and the rules for this campaign.

1) Your character takes the Leadership feat, and attracts a cohort (as well as followers). In this case, your cohort is an NPC, controlled by the DM. This cohort will travel with you and help you out, and generally follow your command. In this case you do not create the cohort, you simply give me an idea on what kind of cohort you wish to attract with your leadership and charisma. The stats of such cohort will only be disclosed to you IC rather than OOC.

2) You create a second character which is a "backup" character that is another PC. You may alternate play between the two, and the two can have whatever relationship you desire; in this case no Leadership feat is required, but only one of them may be played at once, and the other cannot travel/adventure with your main character.

Light, is the lack of darkness.
Unread 17th of October, 2005, 12:53
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Thank you!

If everybody is not trusted not to metagame then perhaps all of the RPing should be done in private. Personally, I have been enjoying several of the chapters already and will miss them. I guess I am more used to other games (like Wired*Nun's) where private/secret/gamebreaking things are done in a private thread and normal/multiplayer stuff is done in a public thread. In fact its very helpful to keep up with other players stories so that they don't have to write a novel when they relate what they have been doing to another PC. Now that I know not to though, I wont.

I will take option #1. Can I assume that what has been posted for Ursus already is sufficient to give you a good idea of what Bleys would be looking for in a worthy Cohort?
Unread 17th of October, 2005, 13:04
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

I just want to clarify that you most certainly can read the others' threads; you just have to have the confidence that you will not metagame, at least try not to.

Regarding your cohort, yes, those would act as sufficient information for me. To keep everything clear, please copy your cohort "information" to your own character sheet (edit it so that it's after your character I think, or if you have some other formats, or if you want to write them into your background). In addition, when I check your sheet, I do not see your backgrounds there; I have indeed received all your PMs regarding your character, but please compile them into a background and provide them in your sheet, then I will be able to begin your IC thread.

Unread 17th of October, 2005, 13:17
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

No problems on the metagaming stuff, I completely understand.

Will do, but it will have to be tomorrow or Tuesday. I have to get to bed tonight and it will take a few hours to get all of the background completed.
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 06:36
Jackelope King
Ghoul

Member: #1487
Alrighty. I'm more or less back after what had to be among the crappiest few days ever.
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 10:39
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Kiara finds this board that randomly shuts down for hours at a time creepy and wants to go home
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 12:10
LeadPal

In fact its very helpful to keep up with other players stories so that they don't have to write a novel when they relate what they have been doing to another PC.
A novel? Give me some credit, I'll have at least a trilogy ready by the time I encounter the next PC.
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 13:16
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

And why would any of us ever tell another PC (or an NPC, for that matter) what we've been up to?
Unread 19th of October, 2005, 12:50
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Ok, thats right. Evil fights against evil, while good only disagrees amongst itself on how to stamp out evil.
Unread 20th of October, 2005, 06:33
LeadPal

Ha! That means we evildoers are defeating more evil than anyone else! Score one point for the dark side!

Wait a minute...
Unread 20th of October, 2005, 06:55
jedric
Ghoul

Member: #1102
I know I'm still putting background together for Tauro but some feedback would be nice, especially as I'm 3.5 lame!
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 07:23
Davmaster
Skeleton

Member: #1508
As for cohorts, I wanted mine to talk more, so I made a little conversation for my last post. Am I allowed to do that? It seems like cheating to put words in her mouth...

I didn't say anything I wouldn't have said on my own, though, I just figured a conversation would be better.
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 07:28
LeadPal

If it's cheating to speak for your cohort, Davmaster, then I ought to have been clubbed by now. Your cohort is there for a reason beyond tactical aid. You don't have to resort purely to monologues to get your 3000 word posts (though sometimes you may as well).
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 09:39
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

In general, you have control over your cohort, be it during combat or outside combat. You do not have to wait for the DM to NPC your cohort (although if you choose to, you can, it'll just slow things down somewhat).

Unread 21st of October, 2005, 10:05
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

*clubs LeadPal*

Kiara doesn't need a cohort to talk to, she's talking enough to herself in her head. Hmm...that can't be healthy...
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 13:11
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #1474
heh. sounds like a character i played once. he started muttering to himself because every other pc was driving him insane.