Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > treehouse's Games > Age of Worms

Unread 13th of November, 2009, 08:57
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

Member: #1471
Dice Rolling

ORP (this website) allows dice rolls to be coded into your posts, so there is no reason you can't roll your own dice if you want to. Here are some mechanical guidelines. The next post will cover personal guidelines (i.e. how I want these to be formatted and noted, what circumstances will cause me to roll dice for you, and so forth). It's not really hard, it just takes a little bit of orientation and then it will become second habit.

If you don't want to roll your own dice or mess with all of this, I will be happy to handle your rolls for you during round resolution. This is not something where everyone has to do one or the other.

Mechanics

1) In order to roll a dice, you need to use the following format: [roll]xdx+x[/roll]. Here is an example of me rolling 3d6+10 - 18 . Notice that when you hover your mouse over the underlined number, a tooltip tells you the dice roll behind the number. The number(s) in brackets are the variables (in this case 3 d6's). Knowing the variable result is mainly important for determining whether an attack roll was a critical success/failure.

2) You cannot roll multiple different types of dice in one dice roll. So if you are attacking with a holy bastard sword, you will need to roll the d10+modifiers in one set of [roll][/roll] brackets and the 2d6 from holy in a different set of brackets.

DO: weapon - 15 holy - 5
DON'T: weapon - [roll]1d10+2d6+7[/roll]

3) This one is very important - you cannot edit a post that you have already submitted to add rolls; you can edit your post's text and other things but rolls simply won't work. Here is an example of what happens when you try to edit your post with a properly formatted roll after posting - [roll]1d20[/roll]. If you need to add roll after the fact there are a couple of different ways you can do it. You can either copy-paste the text into a new post and add the rolls into the new post, or you can throw your rolls (properly noted, which I will explain in the follow-up to this) into this thread.

I'm like Jesus, but with more car chases. -BigRedRod

Every outfit has a guy like me. We're usually called "Shut the hell up!" -Doombot

Last edited by treehouse; 13th of November, 2009 at 08:59.