Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

Unread 5th of December, 2005, 04:07
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #1476
Clenet gives you a helpless look. "You are right, but this is all we can do right now. Not all soldiers are experienced adventurers like you are, and if we send them into the Underdark, or to excessively push back the enemy frontline, it would be no different than sending them on suicide missions. We have powerful spellcasters on our side, and so do the Zhents; they can certainly match each other, but in the crossfire, our men would fall by the hundreds. I would certainly appreciate if you have any valid suggestions though..."

Light, is the lack of darkness.
Unread 6th of December, 2005, 20:50
jedric
Ghoul

Member: #1102
Tauro lowers his head; silently he stands like a ragged statue.

I fear to go into this place, I sense that it is unwholesome, unnatural in many ways, must I do so, must I find this thing and then risk all by delivering it into the hands of this man and his order? Great Lord guide me!

As time wears on and Clemet perhaps wonders what Tauro wants of him a sigh escapes the Druid. He looks up at Clenet, his face seems older somehow, his eyes tired and a sad.

“Commander, have you the means to confine this thing, to keep it from others that it may never be used?”
Unread 7th of December, 2005, 05:45
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"I most certainly have not, as that is beyond the power of even the most powerful Arcanists or Priests alive. These objects were from the Netherese times, when Arcanists rival the power of the Gods themselves. Even if I do, we are just as clueless on their actual locations as our enemies who sought the artifact. Stopping them from successfully locating it is the best we can do at the moment."

Unread 8th of December, 2005, 23:12
jedric
Ghoul

"Then we are doomed to fail commander, to sit in defence is futile. For though a thorn bush may hold back a man it cannot attack him or drive him back, and worse it cannot prevent him from bringing flame to destroy it. The Zenth's will find a way eventually."

Tauro turns his back and begins to leave the command tent.
Unread 10th of December, 2005, 00:40
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Clenet shakes his head, and makes no attempt to stop you from making your leave.

Unread 11th of December, 2005, 06:05
jedric
Ghoul

Leaving the tent Tauro walks quickly though the camp ignoring all who speak.

Time to act, enough watching and waiting

Concentrating he assumes the form of an eagle and ascends into the sky. He performs a full reconnaisance of the area before heading for the nearest entry point into the under dark. Then resuming his natural form he enters, warily, slowly.
Unread 12th of December, 2005, 15:10
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

You decend beneath the earth into the most fabled Underdark, and proceed with caution. Shortly after, the sunlight from the setting sun no longer reaches down after you take a steep turn. Only the faint light from your magical gears and your exceptional vision allows you to preceive your surrounding when you come to a three-way fork, leading to your north, your east, and your southeast.

Unread 18th of December, 2005, 04:19
jedric
Ghoul

And so it begins, my journey into the dark, alone friendless and indeed feckless. Such a fool am I!

Tauro grins to himself, his face showing a mixture of resignation and fear. He closes his eyes for some moments then smiles.

"Left, as good as any other direction." he murmurs to himself.

OOC: That'd be North I presume?

Suddenly Tauro is gone, replaced by a small bat, which flits on down the leftmost tunnel.
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 00:45
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

You follow the tunnel to the north for a long time without incidents. After perhaps twenty minutes, you see a small, six-sided obelisk in front of you, slightly off to the side of the tunnel. You note there are some sort of carvings, but the bat's Blindsense does not allow you to discern the exact nature of them.

Unread 22nd of December, 2005, 07:55
jedric
Ghoul

Uncertainty gnaws at Tauro as he comes upon the obelisk. Could it be enchanted in some way, if so it could attack him or perhaps raise and alarum.

Flitting back and forth still in bat form he decides to risk it and moves on staying as far away from the pillar as possible in the murk.
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 04:44
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

You proceed down the tunnel in bat form. You encounter two Grimlocks wondering about, but they take no hostile actions other than try to batter you aside. Moving further, you find another similiar six-sided obelisk at the side of the tunnel.