Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 9th of September, 2009, 09:27
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Chapter 9: War?!

The dawn of a new day originally looks very bright, however, screams and the ringing of bells brings about something far more than a new morning. It brings fear and terror instead. Then gunshots add to it and everyone is shuttering doors or grabbing weapons.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 9th of September, 2009, 10:00
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Edward shoots up in bed, looking around, his eyes wild with terror. Seeing no immediate threat, he calms down ever so slightly. Just enough to grab Alicia and pull her off of the bed with him, imposing it between themselves and the door to the room. When he speaks his voice is weak, but it seems that he's trying to sound strong. "Wha- what the hell is going on now? Don't tell me this is normal."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 10th of September, 2009, 01:56
5Solas's Avatar
5Solas
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7474
Location: United States of America
Posts: 234 (0.07 per day)
The warmth of Kathy's body and the light pressure of her silken arm against Thomas' bare chest had him in the world of dreams as a cool morning breeze wafted over the couple barely contained by the haphazardly-strewn sheets. Kathy shifted under the breeze and cuddled up to the cavalryman when the distinct and nearby staccato of gunfire started Thomas from his peaceful rest.

Looking about, SMSgt Jackson quickly moved Kathy from the bed (despite her mewling protest) to the floor between it and the wall opposite the window. Grabbing his Colt Army 1860 from the holster hanging opposite his Stetson, Thomas only thought for a moment before donning the hat and moving (naked as a jaybird) to the frame of the window, his revolver at the ready as he peeked out, the peels of a church bell and shouting interrupting an otherwise tranquil morning...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 14th of September, 2009, 03:43
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.05 per day)
Jeb's rather pleasant dreams are pierced by the ringing bells. It's a peculiar sound that his sleeping mind turns over and over, trying to fit it within the framework of his dream. His body, on the other hand, reacts immediately to the crack of gunfire. The muscles in his arm instinctively reaching for his revolver in his holster which is hanging from the bedpost. As he begins to focus on his surroundings, Jeb spies Cindy, still lying in the bed.

"Stay down girl. I'm not sure what's going on this time but it's high time I found out. " Jeb pulls on his pants and shirt and buckles on his gun belt before sitting on the bed and pulling on his boots.

"I'm mighty pleased to have had your company last night and I'll be sure to stop by again the next time I need some tendin' to." Jeb bows his head to the lady and then puts on his hat and heads out the door.

Last edited by Lucky; 15th of September, 2009 at 15:11. Reason: Wrong woman referenced. My mind was still foggy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 20th of September, 2009, 22:35
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Sounds of gunfire and even the boom of a cannon sounds as the church bells chime and screams of panic, fear and desperation are heard. Someone shouts, "Get the women and children inside! Indians!"

Beehive Saloon

Alicia curls her naked body against Edward's and holds him, "No darlin', this doesn't sound like something normal. Might be an Indian raid or something."

Thomas pulls Kathy with him off the bed, she protests as bit herself, as she comes too, her eyes blinking. She tries to grab a thin robe from the floor as Thomas grabs his pistol and hat and moves to the window. "Be careful, keep down.", Kathy whispers.

Cindy nods her head as Jeb tells her to stay down, she smiles at him, her eyes all sparklin'. "I rather liked your company too darlin', come back anytime." She watches Jeb as he puts on his clothes and straps on his gunbelt and then takes his hat.

ooc: anyone looking or going out of their rooms, give me spot, listen checks

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 20th of September, 2009 at 22:44.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 21st of September, 2009, 06:46
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Indians! A real Indian attack! Edward's heart pounds in his chest at the thought, terror mixed with excitement, he still isn't sure what to do. He squeezes Alicia tight, somehow, she gives him strength. "This has happened before though. It's is why the soldiers at the fort are here isn't it?" He looks around for his coat where his measly Derringer sits in it's pocket, never once used in self defense. "We're going to be alright." He tells her, though really he's telling himself as well. "I'll get my gun, and we can sit it out, lock the door and wait for things to calm down." He stands, for the first time loosening his grip on Alicia, and looks around for his pants, hurriedly puts them on, gets his gun, then ever so cautiously goes to peek out of the window.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 22nd of September, 2009, 13:25
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.05 per day)
Jeb pulls the brim of his hat down slightly and nods at Cindy as he reaches the door. Then opening it slightly to make sure there is no immediate danger, he heads downstairs to the front door of the saloon.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 22nd of September, 2009, 21:49
5Solas's Avatar
5Solas
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7474
Location: United States of America
Posts: 234 (0.07 per day)
"Get the women and children inside! Indians!" the shout came, steeling Thomas' eyes. He had fought many a native with the Buffalo Soldiers and currently his duty was to assist the town. Needless to say, this was one of his specialties.

"Be careful, keep down." Kathy whispered from her position by the bed. Thomas nodded back to her and looked out the window, hoping to get a better lay of the town, where the attack was coming from and if there was any amount of resistance close-by.

[[roll spot and listen check]]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 28th of September, 2009, 09:54
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
The echo of the cannon shot from the Fort is heard as the town rumbles with the sound of horses riding away from all parts.

Beehive Saloon

Edward finds his clothes in the midst of terror as he grabs his derringer and holds onto Alicia. Alicia smiles at him as he asks about the Indians , "Yes, they have attacked here before. Many died or were taken then." As he looks out the window he sees men mounting up on horses outside the saloon, some look like soldiers who were off duty, others look like gunfighters or visitors who decided to help. There are others running and fro, carrying shotguns and the like. You see some folks boarding up their windows.

Jeb hears some commotion downstairs, but doesn't see anyone else out on the balcony. He makes it down, and sees some soldiers and others mounting up and riding away from the saloon. Elias nods and says, "Looks like some attacks on the farmers and settlers outside the town. Soldiers are preparing at the Fort and such."

Thomas could see and hear the commotion of the soldiers and locals mounting up and he sees the Marshal gathering some folks on horses. He also sees the folks boarding up their businesses some and some arming themselves from the general store or their own personal weapons.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 28th of September, 2009 at 09:56.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 30th of September, 2009, 00:08
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.05 per day)
Seeing that the front of the saloon was clear of fighting, Jeb makes his way outside and heads to the livery to get his horse saddled up. Once done, he heads down to the Marshal's office to join up with the posse.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 30th of September, 2009, 01:49
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"Goodness, that's... horrible! Why would they do that?!" Edward looks down at the puny weapon in his hand. It was practically useless for the situation, still, if there were injured, they would need his help. "I guess I... I'd better go and assist the defenders. They're sure to need a doctor... I um, you'll be alright... of course... er." He trails off, staring longingly into Alicia's eyes. "I really... here." He holds out his derringer to her. "Take it, in case some bastard tries something with you or one of the girls while everyone else is away. I'm no good in a fight anyway..." He hurriedly tries to finish dressing as the sounds of commotion continue outside.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 5th of October, 2009, 07:11
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
There is lots of activity outside in the town and you can hear distant cannon fire and gunshots from the Fort and beyond.

Elias nods to Jeb and says, "I'll have some whiskey ready for when you return."

Jeb easily makes it to the livery and saddles up his horse and mounts. He sees the sherrif and the marshal gathering a posse.

Beehive Saloon

Alicia takes the derringer and puts it down on the bed and then grabs Edward and holds him, kissing him hotly and says, "Go and do what you do best doc, and patch them up. I'll be along shortly. I'm sure your skills will be needed."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 5th of October, 2009, 08:29
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Edward holds her tightly, feeling like he could stay like this forever, but another cannon shot jars him back to reality. Their lips separate and he finds himself again staring into her eyes, those beautiful eyes... "I will, don't worry about me. You worry about protecting yourself and the other girls." He manages to smile, despite the rising mix of excitement and fear in him, then suddenly releases her, moving first to take his coat, and then out the door.

He heads downstairs, looking for Elias. "Elias, where's the fighting? Are there wounded?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 5th of October, 2009, 12:42
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.05 per day)
Jeb smiles at Elias' words on the way out as his thoughts drift to the whiskey he had to drink to dull the pain of his shoulder. "Hope I don't need the whiskey." He thinks to himself.

Jeb rides alongside the sheriff. "Count me in for whatever action is going down." He checks his rifle in the scabbard and makes sure his pistol is loaded while the others gather and mount up.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 12th of October, 2009, 08:12
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
After the kiss and the broken embrace, Alicia looks at him and nods, "We'll be fine, the Fort is here and some of us know how to shoot." As he grabs his coat, Alicia says, "Don't you need your doctor's bag too?"

Downstairs Elias is tending bar, but has his shotgun loaded and sitting within easy reach. He also appears to be sporting a revolver of some kind tucked in his belt. He is wiping down his bar and says, "Most of the attacks are happening outside of town, near the farms and ranches, like Big Jake's and others. Folks getting killed, livestock and children being taken, women taken or raped/killed. The soldiers have setup a hospital in town, they're taking the wounded there. The sheriff is gathering folks to go out and fight with the soldiers who left this morning."

Near the Jail, the sheriff says, "Well if you need any ammo, we have some extra here. A calvary unit from Fort Griffin set out this morning to take on most of the Indians. The remaining soldiers are mostly holding the Fort. It's upto us to protect the town and the rest of the citizens nearby, mostly we're going to go check the farms and ranches first, then deal with them Indians as we can."

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 12th of October, 2009 at 08:15.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 12th of October, 2009, 08:27
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Edward glanced embarrassedly at his bag before quickly scooping it up and leaving.

Downstairs he met up with Elias. "Thanks Elias, watch your back... er... where is the hospital?"

He left as soon as he'd gotten the information.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 16th of October, 2009, 16:04
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.05 per day)
"I'm good with ammo." Jeb looks at the others gathering together before hollering. "Let's get a move on. More good women and children are going to get taken away cause you can't find your ass with both hands." Jeb spurs his horse around causing it to stomp loudly. "Let's go!"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 22nd of October, 2009, 10:28
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Elias directs Edward towards the center of town where the previous two doctor's had their business. There a makeshift hospital has been setup along with two large tents and makeshift beds. There are a few soldiers with wounds there and some townsfolk, a couple of women are washing bedsheets and such.

Several others holler hearing Jeb's cry of frustration and anxiety. The sheriff looks at them all and says, "Alright, let's go then."He takes the lead as the group of 12 or so riders rides out of town towards the nearby ranches, heading north and east first. The sound of gunshots can be hurt and the hooping and hollering of Indians. Looks like this ranch has a couple of ranch hands holding back a group of maurading Indians. The sheriff draws his rifle and others draw guns, riding in shooting at them.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 22nd of October, 2009 at 10:35.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 22nd of October, 2009, 11:04
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Edward hurries over, asking one of the one of the women to direct him to who's in charge. He hastily introduces himself as "Edward Rawlins, I'm a doctor. I just arrived in town the other day. What can I do to help?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 24th of October, 2009, 12:53
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.05 per day)
Jeb raises his rifle above his head and hollers in the direction of the Indians as he rides in to help defend the ranch. "Come on. You want a fight... you got one."

As soon as he reaches the defenders, Jeb slides off his horse and takes up a position near whatever cover is available with his long rifle.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 6th of November, 2009, 10:38
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Hospital

The woman looks at Edward, tears streaming from her eyes, obviously in happiness, "Doctor?! Boy, are we glad to see you sir! Come help us! Our last doctor went off with some bounty hunters and got himself shot by bandits." She ushers you over to a spot where you can wash your hands as you see several men and women and children laying on makeshift beds. You see a few new folks arriving with arrow and gunshot wounds. Looks like you got work.

Jimmy's Ranch

Gunshots, Indian chants and cries and curses/screams of women and children are heard. The sheriff and the townsfolk ride in guns blazing, most of them aren't very good shots and just startle the attacking Indians, who break apart and pull back from the ranch for the moment. The folks at the ranch, a couple of ranch hands holding positions behind fences and a stable door shout in happiness. There is fellow laying in a pool of blood on the porch of the main house.. with a woman in tears over him, trying to stop the bleeding.
She cries, "Jimmy! Honny, hold on!"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 6th of November, 2009, 12:03
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Edward quickly washed his hands and set to his grim work with unusual calm. While he hadn't had much experience in dealing with combat wounds, he knew what he technically needed to do, and just as importantly he knew that he needed to show confidence if his patients were to have confidence in him. He did his best with the worst of the injuries first, aiming to save lives more than ease pain. Hopefully the kids wouldn't blame him.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 17th of November, 2009, 11:17
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Hospital

Edward washes up and begins working on saving lives and patching people up. The women help him and things begin progressing.

ooc: give me some Treat Injury skill checks (check your feats/talents too for any bonuses)

Jimmy's Ranch

Anyone still with me? Need initiative/actions/decisions.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 18th of November, 2009 at 09:30.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 17th of November, 2009, 14:27
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.05 per day)
OOC: Sorry, I posted yesterday but it's not here. < shrug>

Jeb takes cover by the corral and rests his rifle on one of the crossbeams as he waits with the others for another attack. He feels bad about the man bleeding out on the porch but he ain't no doctor. Jeb grits his teeth and vows to himself to make sure the man's sacrifice is not in vain.

OOC: As soon as I get an open shot, I'm taking it.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 20th of November, 2009, 10:24
Candleman's Avatar
Candleman
Spawn of Kyuss [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2004
Location: I honestly do not know.
Posts: 596 (0.14 per day)
A thin man with a shock of red-blonde hair and a dirty, old infantryman's jacket takes cover just beside Jeb. He also rests his rifle across one of the beams, and keeps a lookout for any hostile indians or gunmen. He glances at Jeb, obviously somewhat amused at finding each other in similar circumstances. He figures as long as they're working together, they may as well be friendly.

He nods to Jeb when he looks over. "Nice to meet'cha, friend," he says, smiling grimly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 16:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren