Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Krypton's Games > A Flood to Destroy the Earth

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 18th of June, 2010, 14:12
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.32 per day)
Having arrived at the front entrance and finding neither Poul or Monica standing there, Ayaka decided that perhaps she was the only one who had heard the shots. She did not like the idea of poking her head outside just yet, so instead she turned around and headed towards Monica's lab.

She found the doctor where she expected, at her workbench, safety goggles on, hunched over a beaker. A computer screen next to her displayed various boxes of data and technical jargon that Ayaka was not entirely familiar with. Given enough time, Ayaka believed she could understand what Monica was doing with her research, but the idea of a cure, while pleasant, wouldn't bring her old life back. Robert had been torn up protecting her. She'd seen his arm bitten and ripped out of its shoulder socket. No cure could give him back to her.

So no. Ayaka did not take great joy in a cure. But she knew it was what kept Monica going, so she did not object to it or downplay her efforts. If Monica had ever had any self-doubt, Ayaka would probably do her best to encourage the woman, but the doctor kept anything of that sort masked behind an air of nigh-constant, clownish behavior.

"Monica," Ayaka said in her usual monotone from her place in the lab doorway. "I heard shots outside. The men may need your services soon."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 20th of June, 2010, 06:48
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
Jon's gun roars as he lowers its point in the direction of the Sarcoman 12 which flinches out of the way for a second time in what seems like as many seconds.
6

The bullet tears into the creature's flesh, [roll]3d6[/roll]and it howls terribly with animalistic agony.

The girl in the van is unconscious after her vehicle crashed into the bluffside.

OOC: New round begins. Same order.
__________________
GM
none currently
Player
To the Arena! To the Death!

Last edited by Krypton; 20th of June, 2010 at 06:51.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 20th of June, 2010, 07:02
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.31 per day)
Jake cursed fluently and loudly as the thing came crashing over. He grabbed one of the grenades, and flush it towards the mass of zombies. Then he pulled Kate to the ready, and swung at the foul thing clawing at the idiot who couldn't keep from drawing the attention of homicidal killer freaks.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 25th of June, 2010, 02:55
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
Jake's grenade flies towards the shambling mass, though he is hardly Nolan Ryan as he lobs the grenade over in a distinctly girlish throwing motion. 6 The grenade arcs over, but Jake doesn't follow it's motion, as he is quick to lift the pipe wrench he lovingly refers to as 'Kate' and slam it down at the creature's head. 8 . The creature flinches away from the pain promised by the wrench's head. 8
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 25th of June, 2010, 02:58
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
The promised loud detonation of the grenade comes, but it hardly ravages the advancing hordes. The grenade's explosion tears into the creatures, cutting the legs out of the front three of the Flood. The zombies go down in a heap, but continue pulling themselves forward in a one-legged crawl, unstoppable in their need to eat the assembled living flesh.

The hurried strike at the creature, however, whose flinch was pure instinct, failed to connect with the creature's skull, or any other part of it.

There is an inconsistency with the number of dierolls in this post due to editing!

Last edited by Krypton; 25th of June, 2010 at 03:11.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 25th of June, 2010, 03:11
Silverbow
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8186
Posts: 7 (0.00 per day)
"Monica," Ayaka said in her usual monotone from her place in the lab doorway. "I heard shots outside. The men may need your services soon."
"Yeah, yeah, I'm sure they all want to be serviced," murmured Monica, not really listening as she slowly and carefully stirred the beaker in front of her. "Dammit. You were supposed to change color," she swore at it.

Then she blinked as what Ayaka said penetrated her concentration. "Wait, Ayaka. Did you say gunshots? Shit. Why don't you go get Padre and I'll grab my shotgun and head outside?"
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 26th of June, 2010, 22:19
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.32 per day)
"You go out if you want," Ayaka said, "I'm staying inside. They will be back soon, bringing those things with them. I want a wall between me and the Flood."

She stepped back from the lab and began to head for the library, talking over her shoulder with no apparent urgency.

"We just need to be ready. We open the door when they come back. Fire at anything chasing them."

She paused and then added, "Maybe if they do their jobs right, there won't be anything following them."

With that, she rounded a corner and made her way to the library doors, knocking briefly on them before pushing them open. The library was relatively clean compared to the other rooms of the stronghold. Ayaka was careful not to step into the room while wearing her dirt covered shoes. Years of living in the States had eroded her habit of taking off her footwear while inside. Poul's desire to keep the library in a clean state had prompted her to relearn the practice during the rare times when she came down here to read.

"Padre. I heard rifle shots. The men may have trouble. I thought we should be ready. Just in case." She tapped her pistol against her leg and sniffed. Her nose was still cold and stuffy. Absentmindedly she pulled her scarf up over it again.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 27th of June, 2010, 02:16
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
Padre straightened up, having been kneeling before one of the bookshelves when Ayaka unlocked and opened the door. Turning towards Ayaka, she saw him fold a piece of the Spearmint gum he chewed on often, and indeed now could produce it from their supply in the Greenhouse, into his mouth.

He tripped over his own feet as he crossed over to the stand which held the Templar-style longsword which was the only weapon he would carry. He looped the belt he wore it on along his waist, and stood up, looking at Ayaka.

"Thank you, child. You should see Monica against that cold - even a small illness is dangerous in a Cured world. After you then, Ayaka."
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 28th of June, 2010, 03:41
Jon Adler
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8210
Posts: 6 (0.00 per day)
Jon scrambles backward down the hill at the side of the road, away from the zombies. Stepping into the muddy water that lined the basin of the ditch, he looks up and scowls, squinting.

Three of the festering creatures stand side by side on the roadside. One snarls and lunges at Jon like a rabid dog.

He lifts his arm, points the pistol directly at the beast. Jon squints of the barrel. CRACK! He fires a round directly into the zombie's forehead.

All right, Jon thinks, Let's see if that will kill them.

DM: I'm making your target one of the group of a dozen zombies, as there is no group of three zombies described. Results in new post.

Last edited by Krypton; 28th of June, 2010 at 07:11. Reason: This game isn't run by the narrative optional rules for combat description. Though online, outcomes are still decided w dice
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 28th of June, 2010, 07:33
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
Jon's pistol cracks again, focusing on the head of the Flood as he tried to put it out of its misery. 13
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 28th of June, 2010, 07:39
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
The Creature's head snaps back, the back end of it flying away in a fountain of gore. (Using the Rule of Ten, I rolled another, physical die, and he ended up with a great many success levels.) It slumps to the ground, at peace for the serene among you (ha!), dead for good to the rest.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 29th of June, 2010, 09:48
Spudmonkey
Small Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7831
Posts: 30 (0.01 per day)
Unable to escape the Sarcoman's grasps and Bring his Steyr to bear once more,

Jeff frantically draws his sidearm and pumps three rounds into his opponent.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 29th of June, 2010, 09:55
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
The creature howls with further pain, but is clutching the wound Jack's gun stuck in its side only seconds before. Jeff's gun sounds once 13 , twice 15 , and a third time 14 .
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 29th of June, 2010, 09:56
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
The bullets all tear into the creature, pinning it to the floor. The creature's howls of pain are terrible, but pathetic - like a child's. But it collapses to the ground, writhing for only moments before it lies, still, on the ground.

There is an inconsistency with the number of dierolls in this post due to editing!

Last edited by Krypton; 29th of June, 2010 at 10:04.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 2nd of July, 2010, 05:24
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
The Sarcoman lays still on the ground, unmoving, but the horde stumbles onwards, tripping over the ones whome the grenade delegged, but returning to their feet quickly enough. Finally, the eleven remaining Flood, 3 of them with no legs, are close enough that a grenade would be devestating to both parties, though they are still just out of arm's reach.

Jack reaches in, and lifts the blonde out onto his shoulder in the fireman's carry. He turns to Jake, and shouts, "Well, let's get the hell out of here, then. There's too many of them for close work. Back up the hill, folks!"

He then scarpers, following his own advice.

OOC: New Round
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 3rd of July, 2010, 04:36
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.31 per day)
Jake curses under his breath and looks accusingly at Jon. "I'm going back. I recommend you do too."

Before he finished, he is on his way back to the safehouse
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 10th of July, 2010, 13:05
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
Jon stumbles, and looks down at his foot and then screams, for a Flood has torn out the heel of his foot. He tries to push his way to his foot, but the Flood falls on him, momentarily distracted by the promise of easy, living meat.

OOC: Spudmonkey's turn. Jon appears to be dead.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 11th of July, 2010, 07:14
Spudmonkey
Small Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7831
Posts: 30 (0.01 per day)
Realizing that engaging the Zombies that were currently snacking on what used to be Jon would inevitably lead them back to the fort, Jeffrey scrambles up the hill after Jack and Jake, while being mindful of his surrounding and searching for Zombies in the trees and bushes.

Perception [roll]1d10+2[/roll]

Last edited by Spudmonkey; 11th of July, 2010 at 07:17.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 11th of July, 2010, 07:19
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
11
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 11th of July, 2010, 07:42
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
Jack is the first man up the hill, even with the weight of the woman carried in his arms. Plowing through the snow, Jake and Jeff soon follow, the latter scanning around them for any traces of the Flood.

Jack pauses at the door, giving it a good solid kick as a means of knocking on the door, which only opens from the inside.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 12:09
Silverbow
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8186
Posts: 7 (0.00 per day)
After talking to Ayaka, Monica ran back inside her lab and grabbed her shotgun. She picked it up, stuffed a few shells into her pocket and sprinted to the front door. As she got there she heard a solid THUMP of something hitting it hard. She checked the peephole and saw Jack standing there with an unconscious woman in his arms. Monica flung the door open.

"What happened?" she asked, looking past Jack.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 14th of July, 2010, 11:31
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.31 per day)
"What happened? What the hell happened? What the jumped up jesus on a goddamned pogo stick happened?"

He pushes in the door, dragging everyone else inside after glancing back one last time.

"Jack got brave. Jack got stupid. Jack got horny. Jon got dead."

He gestures at the "van hottie" angrily. "This one was rolling up the hill in her van, swarmed by the Flood. One of those clawed bastards on top. Jack decided it was time to be heroic and save her. And now Jon's dead, and we've got her, assuming she isn't already on her way to becoming a zombie too."

He considers.

"Maybe we traded up."

Last edited by Krypton; 14th of July, 2010 at 12:11.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 14th of July, 2010, 13:59
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.32 per day)
Ayaka slams the door and bolts it.

"Jake shut up! Stop talking like a caveman Bob Dole."

She looked at the unconscious woman. "We should restrain her just in case, then get her up to the lab. Everyone not suffering from shock should help me."

She went to the woman's side, her sidearm still out and pointed at the woman until the others give her a hand. She's taking no chances.

Last edited by Krypton; 15th of July, 2010 at 02:19.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 15th of July, 2010, 07:35
Spudmonkey
Small Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7831
Posts: 30 (0.01 per day)
Jeff keeps a wary eye on the woman while restraining her.

"Alright, you guys keep and eye on her and make sure she isn't one of them, I am gonna head up to the wall and make sure we weren't followed, or if we are..."

Jeff slowly trails off with a smirk, then walks away checking his rifle.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 23rd of July, 2010, 12:15
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.39 per day)
With quick work, the woman is carried through the entryway, the greenhouse, and into the doctor's office. Padre and Ayaka strap the woman to the table, as the doctor shuts the door, putting those not female or sworn to celibacy on the other side of the portal as she goes to work. She quickly cuts away the woman's ragged clothes, though the woman is unlikely to fit into the slim doctor's or the even slimmer Ayaka's clothing - wounds could be anywhere.

The woman seems unharmed, apart from the seatbelt burn and severe concussion she got in the accurate - at least, no obvious wounds from Zombies are on her person.

Outside, Jack turns to Jake and gives one of his most winning smiles, "Thanks for you help, guy. Couldn't have done it without you!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 03:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren