Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

Unread 13th of October, 2005, 12:19
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #1476
Kiara's Chapter

Eighthday, Thirdweek Tarsakh, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

Redemption, apparently, is not easy work. Your recent adventures consist of mainly disappointment, frustration, clueless puzzles, and death. After a fair amount of trouble and pain, physically and mentally, Tyr has remedied the unfortunate situation of Cyric's deceit, but he seems to be unwilling of relieving you of your task on the investigation of Mythals and Karsus' Avatar. After finally obtaining some clues, you have left them with your new, perhaps only, friend Phillinade in Sigil, hoping that his strange and foreign power is the key to unlock all mysteries.

Wondering in Sigil hoping for honest work to earn some coins, you come across the interesting transcation between an Ice Mephit and an Orc's party, who disagrees over the price of a powerful, magical scythe that's rather limited in its use.
Unread 13th of October, 2005, 13:20
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Member: #1480
Karin jumps in. Via her lovely tongues ability, she addresses the Ice Mephit in Auran and the Orc in Orcish. "Good day, gentlemen. I couldn't help overhearing that you have a bit of a disagreement. I'm sure we can work out a deal that is beneficial to all involved if we all calm down and think about how we all can benefit here." Karin smiles a polite smile that clearly indicates that she considers herself part of the people who can benefit. She then attempts to negotiate a settlement between the two.
Unread 14th of October, 2005, 04:16
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

After much negotiating, the two parties reach an agreement on pricing, and the transcation is completed. As per the original agreement, you receive a cut of the reduced price, in the sum of 12,150 gold pieces.

Light, is the lack of darkness.
Unread 14th of October, 2005, 09:15
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Karin shakes the hands of the Ice Mephit and the Orc. She then bows to the assembled crowd and gives them a big smile. "Thank you. I'll be in town until further notice. If anyone is in need of a good negotiator, I'm always looking for an honest gold coin."
Unread 14th of October, 2005, 09:55
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

The crowd scatters and some of them emit varies sounds of impressiveness; none tries to talk to you, however, after your dramatic display, as they return to their own business quickly. The Ice Mephit and the Orc thank you individually, and part ways.

Unread 14th of October, 2005, 10:16
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Aww. No more jobs? Well, I suppose I made some money. Earning gold in honest ways is pretty hard. Fortunately, my skills are easily transferable from evil uses to good uses. This isn't so bad. I could live like this. I'm not hurting anyone and make some coin. Anyway, I can afford some scrolls now. Or pay Phillinade. No, that's silly. Why would I want to pay him? I far prefer being in his debt. It gives me a good reason to spend time with him...wait...why do I want to spend time with him? Hmm...I'm sure I had a reason for thinking that. Oh well, it'll come to me eventually. I should head back to his place and see if he made any progress while I was out.

Karin saunters through the streets of Sigil when she remembers something. She heads to the market area and looks for a scroll of Sending, preferably divine, since that would be cheaper.
Unread 15th of October, 2005, 03:17
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

You easily locate and purchase a scroll of Sending on the market. You return to Phillinade's residence, and note that he is still in the process of discerning the origins or any other information regarding the bones and the documents. You see several more shattered remains of crystals around the table.

Unread 15th of October, 2005, 06:22
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Karin smiles. "Honey, I'm home. I made some gold. How was your day?" She giggles.
Unread 17th of October, 2005, 12:49
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"You earn some coins? Most excellent, they should be easy to come by with your special skills." Phillinade ceases his power and turns to you. "I cannot seem to find enough information as of now; perhaps it's best to consult someone knowledgable in the history of Toril? Anyways, I discovered at least two things. One, the documents and writings are nonmagical, they are just plain writings regarding a series of events... a journal, I would guess. I have not yet gain any further insight on the subject yet. Also, regarding the bones, I have slightly better progress. While I still do not know the name of the creature nor the actual physical form of it, I found that these creatures are actually not from Toril at all. The Human bones are certainly from your home world, however."
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 05:26
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

"Well, that sounds lovely. I don't think I can trust anyone who actually knows something about Toril with this, so I will continue to trust your considerable skills." She smirks at him. Then she pulls a scroll out of her pocket. "Look, I got a scroll with the sending spell. I can use that to apologize to that undead guy we attacked for no good reason. Hmm...speaking of which, did Zvornik make it out alive or did he...well, die...as I did..."
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 09:38
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"I will have to continue my work until I exhaust all means known to me then." Phillinade replies, "As for the demon, he vanished as soon as you fall. It's hard to tell whether he was sent back to his home plane or escaped."

Unread 18th of October, 2005, 10:38
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

"Oh well. It might be better if he had died. Otherwise, there might be some questions later. I guess it can't be changed now. I'll go apologize to the man we attacked."

Karin takes out her newly-acquired scroll, activates it with ease, and attempts to send a message to The Watcher. Her message, should it go through, is "I apologize for attacking you. The god of lies tricked me into believing you corrupt. Let me know if I can atone for it somehow."
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 22:00
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

After ten minutes, your spell completes and you can sense the Sending message is delivered successfully. However, you receive no reply from the desinated recipiant.

Unread 19th of October, 2005, 02:30
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Karin sighs and gets up. She walks to Phillinade and looks over his shoulder. "It's no good. Our undead friend is still grumpy. Not that I can blame him. We did attack him for what turned out to be no good reason. I reallly, really hate the gods of Toril. Hmm...speaking of which, do you know if there are any worshippers of Cyric in Sigil?"
Unread 19th of October, 2005, 04:52
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Phillinade shakes his head and shrugs, "I am not familiar with the religious groups here, but I know they are extremely rare, as deities rarely visit Sigil; If i have to guess, I would say there are probably none."
Unread 19th of October, 2005, 05:54
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

"Too bad. I would very much like to kill some of his clerics. Oh well, maybe another time. So...what are your plans for the rest of the day?"
Unread 19th of October, 2005, 09:46
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

He points at the broken bones and tattered documents on the table. "I assume I'll continue to work on it until I cannot obtain anymore information from my powers? Unless you have some other suggestions as to how to approach this, that's what I'll be doing."

Unread 19th of October, 2005, 10:17
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

"Sounds good. I think I'll just rest for a bit. It's been a hectic week."

Karin rests and waits to see if Phillinade uncovers any additional information.
Unread 20th of October, 2005, 03:48
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

You rest in Phillinade's house for the rest of the day to relax your body and mind, both have gone through a lot in the past few days.

Ninthday, Thirdweek Tarsakh, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

You hear Phillinade calling for your name when you are browsing through the varies trinkets that he explains to you as items infused with powers called Psionics. Back at the table, he takes a deep breath before explaining what he finds to you.

"First of all, the bones. These normal bones, as mentioned earlier, are normal, Human bones. I have made a mistake earlier with them with my analyzing power when I say they are 'not of Toril;' these bones are actually of a single Toril Human, at least originally, but for some reason I get some 'not of Toril' feel. Anyways, it would appear that the structure of his bones was changed by some transformation magic, and the fractures and breakage are actually due to this magical change. That is all I can find out from the bones.

"As for the documents, there is no way to know the text for certain, but it's collection of different journals, most of them provide ideas and progress of Arcane spell research. The power of these spells seem to exceed the normal means of mortal spellcasters."
Unread 20th of October, 2005, 03:55
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

After resting, Kiara takes off what remains of her disguise and stretches, enjoying the prospect of spending a little bit of time as her true self. "Hmm...fascinating. Well, these things likely belonged to the old Netherese mages...or possibly evil elves who studied them....either way, back in those days, mortal thought they could do anything." Kiara chuckles. "They learned their lesson eventually. Of course, it destroyed their civilization. Mortals should never wield such magic. Do you have any idea what kinds of spells they were researching? Anything to do with...well...flipping their own city over and burying themselves? Of course, that may have been an unintended side effect. They probably wanted to use it as an offensive weapon and wipe out their enemies by flippiing enemy cities over and crushing everyone to death. It figures that mortals would overestimate themselves and end up taking out their own home."
Unread 20th of October, 2005, 09:48
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

He shakes his head, "I gathered no trace of anything about flipping cities, or anything to do with cities... perhaps my powers are not through enough, but that is all I can do at this point. Other than the fact the power is above the magic known to mortal this day, I know no more."

Unread 20th of October, 2005, 12:32
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Kiara sighs. "That's too bad. Do you think you can gain any additional information from these things, given some more time?"
Unread 20th of October, 2005, 22:29
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"By myself? Most unlikely." He groans helplessly. "However I can try to solicit the help of some seers I know in Sigil or in Flaness, perhaps they have the necessary power to gain more insight from these objects. As those are outside the scope of my power, I cannot even give you an estimated time frame to uncover the mysteries."

Unread 21st of October, 2005, 02:06
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Kiara ponders this as she takes a look at the objects again. She plants her head on Phillinade's shoulder while doing so, which he may or may not react to. "Do you trust these people?"
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 09:41
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

You can feel Phillinade suddenly tenses up, but pretends not to feel anything. "While I know several of my contacts, we are on a purely professional relationship, so I cannot claim to know them well. I trust their knowledge on the areas of their expertise, but I certainly cannot say the same for their... other behaviours."