View Single Post
Unread 30th of May, 2010, 06:13
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Member: #7768
Detective Jack Frost posed a moment as he stood at the foot of the stairs, as if allowing all of you to glance, for a moment, just how great he was while he consciously struck what he interpreted as a heroic pose fitting to the hero in his own Zombie Apocalypse movie, as created by George Romero.

Upon seeing his pose has little effect on the inured assemblage, he sulks a little as he sits down at the breakfast table, taking the plate and the last of the bacon as Jon passes it to him. He then takes a spoonful of scrambled eggs, and holds the pan out in Jon's direction, forgetting to offer the end of the handle in his now funky mood.

"What's this I hear you want to mess with my equipment, Jake? Trust me, it's fine, better than fine - excellent. But I will go with you, when you go out. You'll need me, if something goes wrong."

Padre stands up, wiping his hands on the cloth napkin he keeps folded up in his shirt pocket. His hands shake a little as he folds it up and returns it there. "Very well, since some of you insist on constant vigilance, even within the safety of our home, I shall leave you to dampen your own holiday. After a reading of the word of God."

His Bible, ever close at hand, sits on the counter near where he prepared the morning meal. He drops his plate in the sink, and picks it up before opening it to a pre-marked page in what appears to be the New Testament.

"Join hands, please. Humor me, at least a little longer." He waits for you to comply, and then continues. "From the Apostle Paul's Second letter to the Corinthians, in the fourth chapter... Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

"This is the word of God. Amen." He closes his eyes, praying on his own, silently. "Ayaka, dear. Please clean up, before you spend your day in the Greenhouse? I shall be in the library, if anyone needs me."

He walks out of the kitchen, the Bible folded closed with loving care and tucked underneath his arm. He walks down the hall, and you can hear the door of the library swing closed beneath him. Even public rooms in your home have lockable doors - in case. It is not uncommon for Padre to sit in the library in the mornings, writing in his journal, or reading from his Bible or one of the other precious books you've saved as a group.
To the Arena! To the Death!