Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Lost Homelands (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1481)
-   -   OOC Thread. (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9338)

The Alcotroll 21st of May, 2008 04:45

OOC Thread.

This is the obligatory OOC thread, wherein goes anything not related to the game, and pretty much all of the planning that should have been done in character as well.

What I need now is for each of you to create a thread in the 'Background' sub-forum for your character. Title it as: "Name of Character"- "Name of player"
For the time being, just stick up background and a bare bones character sheet. We can worry about more details once I've stuck in all the background info.
We're using standard gods and alignments out of the handbook (but be aware that I've never paid much attention to either).

For character creation, use the PHB rules, and the site's sexy dice roller- that should be six groups of four dice rolls ignoring the lowest. Find the gubbins for dice rolling here.

The Alcotroll 21st of May, 2008 05:01

Incidentally, Itches informs me that my game forum may be haunted by the unquiet spirits of my previous players. If you hear any mysterious bumps, screams or rattling of chains, just tell them to fuck off.

Shoelip 21st of May, 2008 05:08

Huh?:paranoid:

So should my background explain exactly how he ended up in a mercenary troop or can he start the game just arriving at the magic city and be completely freaked out?

The Alcotroll 21st of May, 2008 05:55

That's up to you, as long as you can come up with a sensible reason for him to be entrusted with such a sensitive task by the head of the City Watch.

Shoelip 21st of May, 2008 06:01

Well, he needs to hire people to help him defend his home so I guess he'd join a mercenary company for money. I'd like to see the backgrounds for the other characters before I state how he met them though.

Scythe 21st of May, 2008 06:24

GHOSTS! RUN AWAY!

My father was a distinctive and powerful wizard, and it would be natural for them to have asked me to join their group of wee-men for whatever mission is in store? Also, just being a Wizard should be enough :fun:

Deal or No Deal?

/Scythe

The Alcotroll 22nd of May, 2008 00:49

Deal.

But can I have fries with it?

Scythe 22nd of May, 2008 04:02

I should be able to conjure up some fries :P

Oh great Master, would you care to bless us with a Dice Rolling thread for our Dice Rolling needs?

/Scythe

Nicodemis Finch 22nd of May, 2008 21:44

Good news! I found this thread after realizing I needed to look under "T" for The Alcotroll, not "A".:tsk: I'll get on that character thread ASAP!

EDIT: Does anyone know of a really great character sheet out there on the forum? I rather not recreate the wheel -- pasting my information in a sheet that someone else worked laboriously to create would be better.

Shoelip 22nd of May, 2008 23:26

I suppose the best option for having the city guard give me the job is knowing one of the other characters.

Scythe 23rd of May, 2008 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemis Finch (Post 311597)
Good news! I found this thread after realizing I needed to look under "T" for The Alcotroll, not "A".:tsk: I'll get on that character thread ASAP!

EDIT: Does anyone know of a really great character sheet out there on the forum? I rather not recreate the wheel -- pasting my information in a sheet that someone else worked laboriously to create would be better.

Go here, http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/ , make an account, and use the profiler. Once your done, download your character sheet on your computer just in case something happens to the hosting site.

In the end, your character sheet would like something like this (once you activate public permission in youe EDIT tools) http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/....php?cid=12716

The Alcotroll 23rd of May, 2008 00:39

I want to have all the character sheets on the forum where I can see them- PBP games are always having problems with host servers going down and taking character stats with them.
It shouldn't be difficult to copy and paste.

Nicodemis Finch 23rd of May, 2008 03:33

That's what I was asking for, something on this site that I can copy and paste. I'll find one myself right after I hit "submit" on this post.;)

Edit: I stole a nice one from LeadPal and pasted it in my character thread. Now I just have to make changes. Is there going to be a dice rolling thread? What about starting gold? Core books for feats, equipment, etc., only, or are any other books pre-approved?

The Alcotroll 23rd of May, 2008 04:11

I was planning on having most of the dice rolling in here, though char-gen stats could probably go in your character thread.

The Alcotroll 23rd of May, 2008 04:22

Fucking hell!

What's all this enhancement business, is Malachi on the 'roids or something?

Nicodemis Finch 23rd of May, 2008 04:33

I told you I stole the sheet! I haven't had time to clear all LeadPal's godly elf of doom stats out of there.:roll: I like his format so I didn't erase everything.

Shoelip 23rd of May, 2008 06:24

So, are we using dice rolled ability scores and hitpoints?

Scythe 23rd of May, 2008 06:43

PCs love to use Roids! Luckily, PHB roids aren't that good :cool:

I guess I'll make my rolls in my character thread. I'll copy paste a text version of my character then...

Only trying to help

/Scythe

LeadPal 23rd of May, 2008 06:55

Nic: If you really want to steal the sheet, the latest version, fully cleared with an example, is available here. It's spreading like a virus!

Since all the other games I was a player in just died, I might have time for this after all. When were you planning to start, Alcotroll? I could be freakishly slow to write my background (have had problems writing of late), and I don't want to hold you up. I'd probably play something stupid like a bard anyways. ;)

Shoelip 23rd of May, 2008 07:48

Test
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Is it alright if I use Invisible Castle? I've always had a problem with the dice roller on this site.

itches 23rd of May, 2008 08:37

Why are you rolling 3d6 and the best 3 instead of 4d6 and the best 3?

Shoelip 23rd of May, 2008 08:45

I am? I forgot. I suppose that would explain some of it.

Shoelip 23rd of May, 2008 08:46

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Well, they still suck... I mean, if I could pick from those ten it'd be good but the first six and quite unimpressive. Going from decent to bad.

Scythe 23rd of May, 2008 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoelip (Post 311696)
[roll0]Well, they still suck... I mean, if I could pick from those ten it'd be good but the first six and quite unimpressive. Going from decent to bad.

Random is random right? I myself do not have incredible scores, but no real adventurer has 18s or so everywhere in their stats! Look at me, I had to roll my stats three times to finally get something not so bad...

Shoelip 23rd of May, 2008 09:42

My scores would have been:

These aren't bad enough to reroll, but aren't good enough to be playable.