Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   Our Eyes Have Seen The Glory (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1764)
-   -   Game Status and rules (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11527)

Ergonomic Cat 29th of August, 2010 11:09

Game Status and rules

Okay. So I haven't heard back from player #9 for several days, and he's also not responding in another game, so I'm going to go ahead and say that he loses out for now. If he shows up, we'll see where we are.

And, cause I'm just that stupid, I'm gonna run it with 8. Krypton pointed out that superteams are routinely composed of 8 or more people.

So, the caveats to this:

1. Y'all should feel free (as in encouraged) to split the group from time to time. Or a lot.

2. I will be aggressively NPC'ing people. Specifically in combat/panel scenes. If we're in a combat scene, and you've taken more than a couple days, you're getting NPC'ed. To that end, if you have a combat strategy, you might want to add it to your character sheet in a separate post. If you have a default allocation (something like "Always use stones equal to his regen+1, with 2 in defense, and the rest in an attack power" or the like), post that too, and I'll follow it to the best of my ability.

If you get NPC'ed consistently, you may well be dropped (or just written out of the plot for a time).

3. I expect y'all to talk amongst yourselves. I will be involved, but with 8 players, there should be some interactions.

I have all 8 characters. I'm going to review them over the weekend, and you should expect the starting post for the game Monday night. If you have issues, we'll work them out, but the game will probably launch.

I work with a general rule that your characters are malleable until after the first issue. If you get to the end of the first issue, and you don't like your PC, you can adjust. If you hate them, you can toss them out entirely, and replace them. We'll retcon it such that it works.

I would like it if each person would pick a text color for their speech. I find it easier to follow that way. If you can't post in color, no big deal (I post from my phone a lot, so I get it), but if you can, use the same color you usually use. I will try to do the same for each of you.

And as a reminder, the meta rules:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me
My general rules are pretty simple - be able to post at least every couple days. Be willing to stick it out for a reasonable amount of time. Be willing to work with the other players.

I'd like posts to be in the 150-300 word range in general, barring quick back and forth banter. I'd like people to use capital letters, punctuation and appropriate spelling to the best of their ability. Misspellings or non-native speakers aren't a big deal. People who can't be arsed to go back and correct 15 typos, or capitalize words are asked not to apply (we're all here to read the stories - I'd like the stories to be easy to read).

The general tone of the game will be slightly less 4 color, but still fairly bright. Vigilanties are acceptable, but stone cold killers masquerading as heroes (think The Punisher) will be asked to tone down their homicide a bit.

SRJJJB 29th of August, 2010 12:51

Just a reminder that I am French.

I also like to have this color for my speech. That is all.

Mercutio 29th of August, 2010 21:58

I call white for Brunt.

Darius 29th of August, 2010 22:47

Hoplite will be blue.

Explosive Cheese 30th of August, 2010 01:44

Lime for the Wiz.

Krypton 30th of August, 2010 02:06

In order for the character named 'Blue Blazes' to actually have the opportunity to post in blue, I'll post in pink, the color of psychic power in the Marvel Universe.

dabocim 30th of August, 2010 02:17

I shall be
hmm maybe that's not such a good idea how about A slightly darker blue than krypton but brighter than Darius. Or I could stick with yellow so I don't confuse any one so yellow it is

Krypton 30th of August, 2010 02:28

So, um.... where did you want us to put the information that's 'public' about our characters? From the text line in the first post of 'Important NPCs' I got the impression you wanted it there, but then I see a whole slew of new threads up in 'The Heroes', so I became less sure.

dabocim 30th of August, 2010 02:37

new thread like the rest of us, conform already

Explosive Cheese 30th of August, 2010 02:43

He said in the Secret Identities thread that we should make second threads which are public. You can probably just ask him to move it for you, no reason to rewrite everything.

Ergonomic Cat 30th of August, 2010 04:40

Yeah!

I may migrate information to the important NPCs. But you don't know if they're bit players, or kings of the scene. ;)

Ah....

Your confusion is in my horribly written sentence.

The Important NPCs thread will be updated with information about the NPCs if every PC knows it. If Moira sees Jack the Snipper eat a puppy, but doesn't tell anyone, it will be in her thread. If she tells everyone, I'll update Jack the Snipper's info on the INPC thread.

Thanos 30th of August, 2010 10:48

BLUE?

More like Auqa, but that is what I was thinking.

Ergonomic Cat 31st of August, 2010 09:07

*sigh*

So, my internet was bad on Saturday, and out yesterday.

Now, today, my water heater is trying to die. I may or may not be able to post up tonight. Assuming nothing eats my computer while I'm not looking. I'm gonna try, at least....

Vortigern 31st of August, 2010 10:52

I will claim this one.

dabocim 1st of September, 2010 14:51

Hey darius would you mind using a different color I'm finding it really hard to read your dialogue. Sorry I just keep getting migraines from trying to read your posts

Explosive Cheese 1st of September, 2010 15:30

If we're going to be suggesting that - Vort, yours is also a bit dark. On a darkish brownish backround, lighter colours are easier to read. Dark Orchid is better than purple, but also a bit hard to read, while Plum is probably too light for your character.

Darius, I'm not sure if this is different enough from Thanos, but maybe Royal Blue?

Darius 1st of September, 2010 19:13

No one has red, right? I'll switch to that.

dabocim 2nd of September, 2010 00:25

thanks a lot!

Ergonomic Cat 24th of June, 2011 06:54

So. I'm back on the forums, and working on a Firefly game.

However, once that gets underway, I would be willing to restart this game, if people are still around the forums, and interested in picking back up. I know Vortigern is, anyone else?

Vortigern 24th of June, 2011 14:53

Yep. Here.

GIJ00 25th of June, 2011 07:57

I know I'm not a member of this game, but I would be interested mate.

Krypton 2nd of July, 2011 01:34

One bitchin' blue psychic, standing by.

Vortigern 2nd of July, 2011 05:38

Well that is three? Is that enough? If not, a recruiting post to fill vacancies I'm sure would get at least one or two more?

Ergonomic Cat 2nd of July, 2011 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krypton (Post 398271)
One bitchin' blue psychic, standing by.

Didn't you go completely nutso or something?

Ergonomic Cat 2nd of July, 2011 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vortigern (Post 398276)
Well that is three? Is that enough? If not, a recruiting post to fill vacancies I'm sure would get at least one or two more?

Indeed.

Once the Firefly game gets a bit of momentuum<TM>, or dies off quickly, I'll put up a recruiting post.